Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789132353 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We are all going to be pensioners by the time this is done.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm okay with this. No real reason to rush.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

In this fast paced world we live in, there is all the reason to rush! Gotta go fast, etc.

But, on topic: I love Dig Dug and I have never played Commander Keen, although I have heard of it in one way or another.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I expected more people to reply about Commander Keen. Gutting. I kind of expect none of you to have heard of this one, though...

98. Operation Neptune
    PC, 1991

I just really liked this game. You're a little sub and you go around solving math/logic problems (both of which I was good at from a young age, perhaps this helped) and saving the world from a biodisaster. It has little tidbits of story to it which were enjoyable enough, the levels are a little Ecco-esque and overall it just played very well for me when I was a kid. I'd probably find it a doddle now and perhaps a little boring, but maybe it'd make for a good timewaster if anything. Just good value entertainment with a little smarts involved (well, a little smarts for me at that age, anyway xD).

Three PC games so far. Don't worry, Neo, you'll probably have played the next three games.

EDIT: No surprise that Operation Neptune got zero replies. x) It's one of the least known games on my list, but perhaps not the least...

97. Road Rash II
    MegaDrive, 1992

It's a bike racing game where you hit your opponents with clubs and chains. I don't even need to say any more than that. I don't remember if there is actually anything more to this game at all, really. It's a bike racing game where you hit your opponents with clubs and chains.

Articles
    Blog Entries

ROAD RASH smurf YEAH

(SPOILER)please tell me Skitchin' will be on this list

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Can't say I've ever heard of that one, sorry dude. =o

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    EDIT: No surprise that Operation Neptune got zero replies. x) It's one of the least known games on my list, but perhaps not the least...
    I was asleep, ok?

Yeah, this was one of my early games. I did quite like the story and puzzles, even if the levels themselves could get really, really hard by the end. Along with the Super Solvers games, it was one of my old favorites for edutainment titles when I was little.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'd played the PS1 version of Road Rash!

...It was okay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Google been your friend!

Skitchin was made by the same team as road rash and featured roller bladers instead of bikers, and you could hang onto the back of cars to gain speed, at your own peril.

Road Rash and Skitchin may have been early pioneers in bringing rpg elements to the metagame of other genres.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

96. FreeCell
    PC, 1978

If I was picking games for just how often I play them in the past month, this would be number one. I played it a fair bit - along with all those other Windows games - on PC some years ago, however it's on my Android phone that this game has really shone. I adore it. I play it on the way to work, on the way home from work, when I'm just chilling listening to music in the bedroom or just before I go to sleep. It's simple yet complex, it has endless replay value, it's generally a rather quick game to get the hang of although I don't feel I'll ever 'master' it as there's always some game I'll come across that I won't finish for quite some time. But more than anything, it's like a meditation thing for me... it allows me to relax effortlessly and it passes time, but not too much. When I'm stressed for any reason, this is the go-to game for me at the moment.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire are so much better

Banned

Road Rash II was an awesome game. I remember using the guy with the bat - baseball bats always felt like the appropriate weapon to wield while riding a steel horse.

Also FreeCell! I currently have a 100 game winning streak on FreeCell, it's the best game preloaded on PCs. Yeah, even better than that pinball game that used to be on my old desktop!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire are so much better
    Jezzball is better than both for me. Don't get me started on Pipe Dreams. But nah, for me, FreeCell is just much more relaxing than Minesweeper (since everything is right there from the start, no guessing whatsoever) and I never really got that into Spider Solitaire.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

If you're guessing at Minesweeper then you're right not to be playing it, sheesh.

Well, except for all those times I finish an expert game with a single mine left with no discernable way to distinguish it from the single non-mine square left. But I like to think of those games as metaphors for life.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    If you're guessing at Minesweeper then you're right not to be playing it, sheesh.

Well, except for all those times I finish an expert game with a single mine left with no discernable way to distinguish it from the single non-mine square left. But I like to think of those games as metaphors for life.
    xD That's one way of looking at it. I do like Minesweeper and you're right that it's not all guesswork, but there is always that moment when you just don't know. FreeCell is simply my preference when it comes to relaxing myself, and any game that is about guesswork and life or whatever isn't what I want in order to distract myself from all the guesswork life throws at me.