Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

Well, never would have thought to include games like Freecell.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I can't even smurfing play FreeCell, I just don't get it. Solitaire and Minesweeper are for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I can't even smurfing play FreeCell, I just don't get it.
    Yeah, same here.

And Minesweeper is only about 1% guesswork. Guesswork until you hit your first good number (usually only takes a few turns) and then on very, very rare occasion you'll get one of those sections of two where it's a 50/50 chance. But the vast majority of the game is just counting and logical deduction. Great game

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh man, Road Rash! I think I played a version of that for the SNES or PS1. Riding a motorcycle and swinging a deadly chain around was just too much fun.

EDIT: And yeah, Minesweeper is, at most 1% guesswork. Otherwise it's all logic and reasoning, so I can see why you wouldn't like it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first move you make in Minesweeper is the only guesswork in Minesweeper.

lol Freecell. You crack me up man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Incorrect: The first move in minesweeper is ALWAYS safe (windows versions, at least). For proof, max out all the fields in a custom game and then see how many times you don't hit one of the ten safe spots on the first go.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, but the first move doesn't necessarily give you any other information, especially on high settings. Meaning you then have to make what is effectively another first move. So there's a slight element of luck there, but it's not a big deal, because if you have bad luck, you're only 2 second into the game and can easily restart.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This list: compiled by your grandma.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

95. Mortal Kombat (series)
    MegaDrive, 1992-1997

This is the only outright, run-of-the-mill fighting game in my entire list because I'm just one of those button mashing types. Despite that, I really enjoyed this game in my youth (I've ended the series at 1997 intentionally as that's when I stopped playing it) and adored the characters. I could still pull off a fair number of the special moves which I never bothered really doing in other games, and I'm sure I beat the single player campaign too. But yeah, a good game overall and definitely something I enjoyed when I was something like eleven years old. xD I wouldn't mind playing the newer games at some point, but I just can't find myself ever spending money on fighting games because they just don't have much appeal to me overall. More of a game I'd play with a friend for an hour after school than a game I'd want to buy. My favourite one was probably the second one.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banned

You can't just put an entire series in as one entry! That's totally cheating, unless you judge every series on the entire series' merits and include them all as a single entry: Final Fantasy included! Don't even try and say, "oh, but every Final Fantasy is different" because there are differences between the Mortal Kombat games too! (And, plus, you only listed a section of the series. Golly, pedantic. Loony BoB you crazy cat.)

But at least Mortal Kombat is awesome.

PS regarding Minesweeper: I like to turn up the size and mines to max, so every move is basically a guess. I've maxed out at getting two safe spots before exploding

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like sub zero.

That is all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by dandy da oak View Post
    You can't just put an entire series in as one entry! That's totally cheating, unless you judge every series on the entire series' merits and include them all as a single entry: Final Fantasy included! Don't even try and say, "oh, but every Final Fantasy is different" because there are differences between the Mortal Kombat games too! (And, plus, you only listed a section of the series. Golly, pedantic. Loony BoB you crazy cat.)

PS regarding Minesweeper: I like to turn up the size and mines to max, so every move is basically a guess. I've maxed out at getting two safe spots before exploding
    I've done it for games that I felt are so similar that I can't specify any one game that I felt was that different to the rest. I'm not going to list every incarnation of Football Manager I've played, let's put it that way... I honestly don't remember all that much about the MK games and if I had to seperately list them then I'd sooner just remove them all from the list altogether.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

I've maxed out at getting two safe spots before exploding
    I swear I had a screenshot of having uncovered three before exploding, but I can't find it.

Anyway welcome to the new Minesweeper thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

I've done it for games that I felt are so similar that I can't specify any one game that I felt was that different to the rest. I'm not going to list every incarnation of Football Manager I've played, let's put it that way... I honestly don't remember all that much about the MK games and if I had to seperately list them then I'd sooner just remove them all from the list altogether.
    Well OKAY then, if it means less effort and therefore faster updating, I'll let it slide for now But as long as you realise there is a big difference between some games!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not big enough for me, buddy. I'm not a fighting game fan.