Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30404445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    There is that urban myth as well where everyone had a friend who took it way too seriously and used to wear a suit if they got to the FA Cup final.
    I have seen numerous people confess to being this persion on the internet.

An Emile Heskey led Millwall winning the Premier League was my finest achievement

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would have updated this by now but I've been too busy playing the game that will take spot #5. Will try to get it sorted by the end of the weekend! xD This has now literally taken over a year, despite me intending to finish on day #365. Honeymoons are distracting.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I would have updated this by now but I've been too busy playing the game that will take spot #5. Will try to get it sorted by the end of the weekend! xD This has now literally taken over a year, despite me intending to finish on day #365. Honeymoons are distracting.
    The honeymoon activities are game number five? This is supposed to be family-friendly, BoB!

Besides, I think you'll get in trouble if those aren't number one.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    6. Football Manager (series)
    PC, 2007-2012

Why the hell am I seeing MANUS all over in that pic? You have some sick fetish or something? And he appears to be some soft of top player.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

5. The Longest Journey
    PC, 1999

JUST finished this for the second time and loved every bit of it all over again. I love the characters and the writing most of all, but the music, the story itself (so long as you're able to handle a bit of tongue in cheek), the art, the puzzles and general gameplay are all great. But the characters! The writing! The voice acting too! These are the things that make this game and I don't think this will be the last time I play the game all the way through.

While April is a great protagonist (and Crow an excellent sidekick), most of the NPCs are all great, from my favourite sarcastic ship captain to a race that that talks in past, present and future tense all at once in peculiar fashion. Little bonuses for finishing the game include hearing some of the bloopers from the voice recordings for the game, which is something I feel is a very novel reward that a lot of games can pick up on.

It's hard to really go into detail beyond that, unfortunately! It's just the great writing, great characters and great voice acting. That's what make an otherwise good game into an absolute great for me, at least in this case.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have this ready to play at some point! It's on the list. Like so many of my games. ;_;

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I have this ready to play at some point! It's on the list. Like so many of my games. ;_;
    Drop everything and play this, now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yes! It's worth it.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How weird, I'm also currently playing this for the second time, after many years. I have no idea how I did some of the puzzles as a child. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh man, I know right? The Maerum crystal puzzle and the telephone statue puzzles did my nut in.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Loony BoB introduced me to this game and the sequel earlier this year when I was talking about my plans for Women's Month where I reviewed a bunch of games starring strong female protagonists. Time well spent. After playing both games I'm surprised that more people aren't familiar with the franchise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Okay so with my honeymoon out of the way I suppose I may as well finish off this list, huh? xD Right.

4. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    PC, 2006

Dreamfall! Well, if The Longest Journey was going to sit at #5, Dreamfall was always going to be in the top four. Sure, the controls are a bit clunky. Sure, the puzzles are insanely easy compared to the first game, but in the defence of Dreamfall the puzzles in TLJ had me in GameFAQs even when I replayed the thing. The graphics, however, are naturally better, the game is now 3D (third person angle), the story complex and arguably better than the original, the writing equally excellent and the voice acting somehow even better. I love The Longest Journey games and I am massively excited for the final game in the trilogy which is coming out this year.

My favourite character is again Crow, but there are many excellent characters once more - a special shoutout goes to Blind Bob - and it was cool seeing a number of characters from the previous game again, and seeing how life had changed for them. Even the locations! Just really loved the game. And the writer should get hired by Square Enix because he is probably the best in the business.

Apart from, you know, the GIGANTIC EFFING CLIFFHANGER. DREAMFALL CHAPTERS. COME OUT ALREADY.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm okay with this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

3. Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress
    PC, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, Spoonproblems has fallen. Iceglow tried to save it and could not, and so I tried to do it instead. I started with 33 Dwarves.

A list of what happened:

• The ice had frozen over the entrance so no Dwarf could get out. Demon Dude had destroyed the still too. Therefore they were all dehydrated. I hacked the ice away.
    • Dignified Pauper and eternal essence can stop gloating as they died of thirst right after DD handed over power. As did the likes of Champagne Supernova, Del Murder, I'm my own MILF, Geniux Lynx, ShlupQuack and Angel Wings 8.
    • Demon Dude had promoted himself to Sherriff and hacked Red Pill and TrollHunter to death with his woodsman's axe. I deposed him as Sherriff.
    • The rotting corpses were causing everyone to go mad. The great hall was basically pure purple from the rotting miasma. Every Dwarf was tantruming and stopping.
    • To counter this I built a morgue which by the end was filled up entirely:
    • Demon Dude slashed up Iceglow and SuperMillionaire, hospitalising them. SM is a child and DD hacked a lung out. Yeah. I did not have a Doctor after Quin died so I appointed Furnace Operator Roto13 to the role of Chief Medical Dwarf. He celebrated his appointment by chasing a guinea pig around, kicking it, before lunging at it off the Spoonproblems bridge and into the moat, trapping himself down there. I did not bother to rescue him.
    • My first ever Fell Mood!
    • Typical. I got turned into a pair of pants. No exaggeration, she killed me and turned me into a pair of Dwarf Leather Pants.
    • Clo went Berserk, beat Leader of Mortals to death and then fought the new Expedition Leader, Rostum. The two killed each other. Iceglow became the new Expedition Leader.
    • Demon Dude finished what he started and axed the brand new Expedition Leader to death as he lay in his hospital bed. He claimed the title of Expedition Leader for himself; I decided to lock him in the hospital.
    • Brennan then went berserk and murdered Jessweeee (karma, bitch) and then stalked the great hall, killing various animals. I felt I had no choice but to let Demon Dude out to fight him.
    • Pike killed Brennan with her pick, but suffered grievous wounds.
    • Dignified Pauper's ghost appeared out of nowhere and killed rubah.
    • lil orphan baby NorthernChaosGod stopped crawling around looking for the bodies of his dead parents and died of thirst. Depressing.
    • Demon Dude finally went berserk, and killed Lekana. I locked him in the morgue after he chased a Guineacock in there. King of all the Rotting Corpses.
    • DK then went berserk and beat Rye and Laddy into a wall. He threw smittenkitten into a wall, slaying her. Then he and BoB went toe-to-toe - BoB being a legendary miner with a pick, DK being a badass fighter. DK killed BoB, but BoB smurfed DK's lungs up with his pick and DK eventually passed out dead.

Population of Spoonproblems at this point:
    1. Roto13, stuck in a ditch.
    2. Pike, unconscious with a broken foot.
    3. SuperMillionaire, child, missing a lung and lying in hospital.
    4. Demon Dude, berserk, locked in a morgue and about to starve.

The Famous Four.

The situation is unrescuable, but completely smurfing hilarious.

LOSING IS FUN!
    Enough said.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The spoons were the one thing in that godforsaken fort that weren't a problem.