Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

Banned

But a fighting game series still features on your list? How many games are on your list that you don't actually like?? I question your reliability as a list-maker now :P

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

But if BoB did this list the way he does things best he'd be showing us all the games in Pie Chart and graph format
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by dandy da oak View Post
    But a fighting game series still features on your list? How many games are on your list that you don't actually like?? I question your reliability as a list-maker now :P
    I'm not a fighting game fan != I don't like any fighting games. Although there's a reason it's at #95. The games I really like are a lot higher up. Obviously.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm not going to list every incarnation of Football Manager I've played
    Every single one would be somewhere in your top 100.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha, at least the ones I've played (2007-2012, I think).

94. Toejam & Earl
    MegaDrive, 1991

I don't remember how far I got into this game but I never cared. I could play it over and over, even just the first few levels. It was just an amazingly fun game. It was designed to amuse and entertain. I mean, anyone who has played it should know what I'm talking about. The enemies, the music, the items, Toejam & Earl themselves. It was all great. Also, I'm a massive sucker for exploration and this game was ridiculously wonderful for that. Also wonderfully ridiculous. Yay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The different player perspectives in TJ&E 1 and 2 make it hard to choose which was the better game. Played a ton of both but the second was more... funky.

It's sad that nowadays when a pastiche like TJ&E comes along its lauded as some ephemeral stroke of genius but TJ&E was just one amongst many games with a lot of soul.

Simpler times.

Two is clearly the superior title, though the original was good fun as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

93. WWF/WWE Wrestling (series)
    Playstation 2, 2000-2007

This is here mostly for the times that Dan was over and how much epic fun we had. He'd pretty much always win but I didn't care, we would flood the game with all kinds of wrestlers in a Royal Rumble or something and just go nuts. Dion back in NZ and I were more evenly matched at the time and we had great fun with this game, too. I've played the single player a little but it's not really my thing, for me this is all about the multiplayer. Anyway, yeah, great game series, lots of fond memories and if/when Dan and I meet up again I may actually bother to play one of the newer ones.

Another game I missed putting on my list, though I'd probably rate it lower then you did. A lot of them were pretty fun though!

I once made a giant mime, as thin as possible and as tall as possible, with Kane's moveset. XD

He also had bell bottoms, but since the game didn't actaully have those as an option, I just made his ankles really fat so it looked like Bell Bottoms.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

92. Chip's Challenge
    PC, 1989

I'm pretty sure this is the last old-school Windows game on my list, don't worry. Chip's Challenge was endless puzzley goodness. Well, not exactly endless, but when I was around twelve years old the sheer volume of levels available meant that when I had to go to my Mum's work with her on a school holiday, I would not get bored. That game is quality. The level designs were great, for a Windows game it had a lot of good graphics, and it almost had a little RPG feel to it. Best of the old Windows games? On this list, yes, I think so.

Whoops, forgot to keep this updated. >_> Clearly Chip's Challenge has fewer fans than I anticipated, though. For shame, EoFF. For shame!

91. The Sims 3
    PC, 2009

This is one of the more addictive games out there, and certainly something that can suck up a lot of time. I've seen people lose themselves in it for days! I don't know that I find it as addictive as some other people do, although I will say that my favourite part of it is definitely creating a home. I would spend absolutely ages designing multi-story dwellings (in Excel first, of course). The most fun is still when people do EoFF Let's Plays of it, though. Shame those threads never last as long as you want them to.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

My flatmate loved Chip's Challenge, if that makes you feel any better.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Oh I actually had Chip's Challenge on the Atari Lynx. Never finished it xD

Oh yes the Sims 3 ! Fun as anything but sadly glitchy and buggy as hell. But then again it's made by EA isn't it ? So no surprises there. Plus all the clothing, hair and shoes DLC, new world DLC and stuff packs are a huge pain in the ass.

I brought Hidden Springs or whatever it's called and yeah, it wasn't worth it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

90. Solar Winds
    PC, 1993

This little gem was given to me as shareware and I adored it. Going around in a spaceship, earning credits, upgrading shields and weapons, shooting up bad guys, protecting other ships, zooming between solar systems... all run of the mill stuff. What I loved in this game was the story that went along with it. Everything was fun in this game, really. There were times that I charged into situations that were most certainly beyond my ship's capabilities, and it felt great going back later on and kicking butt with my improved ship. I dunno. I just really liked everything about this game and every time I've gone back to playing it, I've still found it to be really fun.

89. GunBound
    PC, 2005

I played this game with people like Dan and Raistlin and it was hilarious. I can't actually remember too much about what it was that made this great, it was probably the people who played, but it could get all kinds of terrible sometimes. Sometimes I'd be great, sometimes I'd be horrendous, but it was a great way to pass time and certainly good quality for a freebie multiplayer game. Good stuff.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Only played a few rounds of GunBound with you guys, but it was great fun.