Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Beta Withdrawal

So whilst we all eagerly await this weekend - let's try and get rid of our withdrawal symptoms by discussing what we're going to be doing on the beta this weekend!

If character creation is enabled on Sargatanas I'll probably try out a Gladiator on there but if not I'll be working on things on Moogle in the quiet LS on there

not rlly sure yet. guess ill go for some dungeon runs and wait for some of the ls to get to ifrit.^^ killing him is always fun and kind of payback for all the defeats i suffered at his hands!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I... I don't really know, actually. =o I'll probably just keep rocking through the story quests, exploring and chatting with people. I plan on getting my final decisions made on the heirarchy of Fat Chocobos this week, at least through to launch. Then it's on to sorting out the Fat Chocobos Linkshell thread which is in dire need of being updated.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I always roll Marauder as that's the only class that starts in Limsa, does anyone know if they plan to keep the Class = Nation lock on when the game goes live? If so I will be slightly disappointed, also now gear is restricted, I need a whole set of armour and several weapons, BoB any chance you could possibly craft me some?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I will be on Moogle mostly until Phase 4 since my v1.xx character progress will get wiped at the end of this phase anyways. Waiting for Phase 4 to level him. Probably gonna run some dungeons with some friends, do more of the main storyline. That sorta thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    I always roll Marauder as that's the only class that starts in Limsa, does anyone know if they plan to keep the Class = Nation lock on when the game goes live? If so I will be slightly disappointed, also now gear is restricted, I need a whole set of armour and several weapons, BoB any chance you could possibly craft me some?
    not sure about the class=nation lock. as far as i remember we could freely choose our city state in 1.0. but it kinda makes sense to start in the city where your classes guild is located.

if youre worried about the gear, you shouldnt. you probably get all you need by questing and if not bob will be there to supply you with the rest.^^ accessories are a different matter. you might wanna talk to smitten about those.

Try avoiding the beta a bit, only play for 30min-1hr at a time. It's helped me with my withdrawal and it makes it easier to get through the week

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My understanding is that it will indeed force us to start in the city that our class is associated with, however we will be able to choose the class that we start with. So for Danielle, who has an L50 CNJ/WHM (which she uses all the time) and a L50 BLM/THM (which she uses rarely), she just picked THM so she could start in Ul'dah with me (GLD). We know we can easily just travel where we want to go anyway and use the other classes. It won't have a huge, dramatic effect on how you experience the game beyond what introduction and starting quests you get.

Remember, the starter city doesn't force you to pick their Grand Company. You can start in whatever city you want and pick the Grand Company from any of the other cities once you start the Grand Company questline. So far as I know, there are no bonuses for starting in a specific city at all.

As for making gear: So long as it's not too expensive or time-consuming (ie, getting the materials together) I'm happy to make people in the Fat Chocobos Free Company any gear they need. Between Ari, Smitten and myself I'm sure we have all the bases covered. Our Evil Midget Chef, Tony Brewster, is normally willing to help for food so long as you stay on his good side.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm probably going to give a class other than Pyuuj a try, just to see how they play. Lancer, Archer, maybe a Black Mage? I don't really know. See a city that isn't Ul'Derp too.

I'm a tanker for life, so Marauder and Gladiator for me now and post-launch.

How I'm dealing with the Beta withdrawal? Triple Triad here on the forums all night long.

I plan on getting my GLD to 30 or 35 this weekend. It's currently at 21 and I also plan to level up the culinary class.

Starting out, trying to figure out everything >.>;;. It kinda sucks cause work Friday, Work Saturday and beta ends at 5am est Sunday? The day I have off >.>;;. But I'm going to put in time when I can

This will be the third weekend in a row where I've got gigs all weekend long. I'm glad to be getting plenty of work, but it's getting ridiculous. I made myself sick trying to play a little last weekend between 6 different gigs. Luckily I've only got 3 gigs this weekend, but I'm going to have company over on top of it, so it's still not optimal.

I mostly just want to continue figuring out how things work in the game. I haven't even gotten a good chance to get a feel for everything yet. It's weird seeing how intimately familiar I was with FFXI to the point that I didn't think twice about how well knew tons of information about how to use their cryptic menu system and things I understood about the gameplay as well.

Well going to bed, when I wake up there will be beta, but knowing my luck with all these new people coming on the server crash on weekend so I would only get 5mins of play time. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself. See you guys online ;p

Beta withdrawl is going to be the worst between Phases 3 and 4. When does Phase 4 start? August?