Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta Code Giveaway!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta Code Giveaway!

Are you interested in joining some of your fellow EoFFers in playing the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta? Do you own a PS3? If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes', then you're in luck!

Square-Enix has been gracious enough to give us access to several PS3 beta codes for the upcoming FFXIV:ARR beta phase three so you can start playing this weekend! And I do mean several.

If you are interested in a code please post in this thread telling us why you are excited about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Even though we have many codes to give away, the quantity is limited, so this will be on a first come, first serve basis. You will shortly receive a private message with your code.

Be sure to say 'hi' to your fellow EoFFers in the game. Most of us will be playing on Sargatanas, and our official Linkshell is Fat Chocobos. Also make sure you post about your experiences in this forum!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Default Definately interested!

I'm certainly interested in trying this out. I missed out on 1.x and I used to love Final Fantasy (my heart is always going to be with VII!), but I am curious to see what it's like after hearing people rave about it.

I've been a huge fan of Final Fantasy since I was about 7 years old. I've always had a tough time getting in to mmo's aside from the fact I could play with friends, but when the original FFXIV came out I was eager to try it out. Well, after my friends bailed on the original after the beta it kind of died out for me to... BUT THEN BAM. All of my complaints with it have finally been addressed, and I'm eager to see how it has changed.

I can finally play an mmo with music that I like, scenery that I love, and classes/races that I'll enjoy. I definitely want to play either a lancer, archer, or maybe even a bard for the first time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Man, I wish I had a PS3.

*goes out and buys one....maybe*
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

This coming weekend is Phase 3, Test 3. We are not in phase four yet. Phase four is open beta, which would defeat the purpose of giving out passes as they'll no longer be exclusive.

The reason why I want to participate in the beta is because as a Final Fantasy fan I want to try out this game. From what I've heard, A Realm Reborn is much better and enjoyable than the original Final Fantasy XIV. I have high hopes for this game and look forward to playing it. I would also like to play with other Final Fantasy fans such as myself.

I really loved FF14 and owned the previews version, I've played it up until they shut down the servers, Even through the game wasn't perfect I still enjoyed it and kept playing it. the quests were fun and leveling up system and changing jobs was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    If you are interested in a code please post in this thread telling us why you are excited about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Simply put, I played 1.0 for a grand total of 4 days before realizing it was a trainwreck. After following beta progress on Reddit, the buzz around the game is amazing and I'm excited to see the changes myself.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

The timing couldn't have been better, guys. (I'm not seeking a code; I can download the PS3 client and login with my PC beta account.) I'm glad we're able to help so many people get into Phase 3!

For what it's worth, my input all the same:

I loved a lot of the concepts in the original FFXIV, but was desperately awaiting the PS3 release because the videocard I had at launch could not support the game. By the time I had a newer card, everyone I knew who was playing had already quit, and I don't go into MMOs alone. So, I have a PC collector's edition of 1.0 sitting on a shelf completely unused. Watching it fall apart toward the end, I was glad Square Enix opted for a reboot. I've been in the PC beta for a little while now and it feels fantastic. I'm purchasing the PS3 collector's edition this time around, but will likely play across both platforms.

tl;dr:

I'm excited because I bought the first version and never got to play it.

(friendly end-post reminder NOT to send me a code)

I'm excited about "A Realm Reborn" because I never had the opportunity to play either FFXI or FFXIV despite being a long-term fan of the series due to financial reasons (as well as having an unfortunately disappointing computer), but want this opportunity to even get a chance to see what I'm actually missing out on.

Getting a real chance to play Final Fantasy in a social capacity and having all of the aspects of an MMO is something I'd adore to have.

I've not really been lucky at getting into Betas before so this could be the time, I might actually end up buying the game and paying the subscription fee

Looking forward to the reboot of FFXIV because it may be the game that gets my wife to play MMOs again. We met while playing EQ, then picked up WoW a few months after launch, but got bored after a while, and she drifted away from MMOs. I played 1.x for a while and she seemed interested, and we've been eagerly following the Dev blogs and new info now that the NDA has been lifted.

I played FF14 and loved it. It made me a bit sad when it slowly became less populated. I'm very interested in getting the PS3 code for FFXIV:ARR. I want to grow with the community and see the progress from the very beginning.

Me and my friends are very excited about this game. We have been playing mmos together for over 7 years now and have been king of faded away as we haven't been able to find a new one that we enjoy. A few of my friends are in the beta(but can't talk about it due to the nda) I would love to be able to have a chance to play with them again.

Default code plz kthx

I've been an FF fan since the original, which I got hooked on 23 years ago. I've played all of them except for 11 (slow internet at the time, didn't want to pay a monthly fee, etc.), so I've missed out on the thrill and intrigue of an MMO. I've never played any MMORPGs, actually, so what better place to start? I love everything I've seen and read about XIV 2.0, and am really proud of Square-Enix for admitting their problems and dedicating so much energy to correct them, so I really want to see what it's all about for myself.

Humbly requesting that you would graciously bestow upon me one of your plethora of codes,
    Matt
    @squalltimore

Default Hi!

Hey, I'm a total newbie to the site, but I saw this and really would love a key for my friend and guild leader ;_;

thank you!