Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fat Chocobos Free Company Thread for FFXIV:ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    TBH it is something that I've been slightly worried about. The difference between leveling on Sargatanas on the beta compared to a non-legacy server is huge. Non-legacy the lowbie areas are crammed full of people questing and helping each other out. On Sargatanas they were barren - and getting a group for Tam-Tara etc basically involved having to get a group of 50s to level sync.

It's not that bad where we have a LS and veterans to help people out but at the same time I think some of the newbies are going to miss out on the "newbie experience" so to speak. For me at launch I just want to get a job to 50 ASAP and then just go back and do everything at a more leisured pace as I build up other classes - so it's not as much of a concern to me. But I can see where the concern is coming from.
    there are multiple reasons why its hard to get dungeon parties in beta 3.^^" one would be, that most players dont want to spoil the story just yet. then theres also the part where progress is wiped at the start of beta 4.^^"

but finding groups should get easier after that blasphemous duty finder gets implemented.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

The concern makes perfect sense. I saw very few people on Sarg around my levels compared to the other servers I tried out. I know this is a beta, so I'm sure there should be a decent influx of newer people coming in when the official release date hits.

If we were to have an auxiliary branch of Fat Chocobos on a new server, say Gilgamesh, I would certainly join it. In fact, I'll be a founding member if needed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm pretty sure that, come release, there will be a lot of people able to play with you guys. Keep in mind that a very large number of people will be leveling Arcanist from level one, even those with level 50's. I will do what I can to help out the newbies rather than doing endgame content when I'm not working on the Free Company. Endgame I can do later, it's not a priority for me. I know I've not played a huge amount with everyone yet but I'll be doing all I can for you guys once Phase Four hits in because that's when it counts. I also have Wed/Thurs/Friday off work the week the game is officially released and so does Danielle, so hopefully that means we can help everyone out even when they're in different timezones for a good five days.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I have Weds/Thurs off on launch week and also finish at 4pm on launch day provided my shift doesn't change

hey bob, just saw that you updated your op and you might wanna scratch Kobato Tachibana off your list. he will probably not play ARR. he simply dislikes the pay2play model.^^"

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I got about 4-6 people that will be coming with me to Sarg, we'll all be starting at level 1 and we're new players. I'll update once I figure out what all of our names will be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just a heads up to everyone, it's likely that the Free Company housing will be located in Thanalan. With that in mind, if you want to have different locations for your personal housing and FC housing, this opens up La Noscea and The Shroud for your personal housing goodness.

I'm going to be heavily investing in the Free Company housing once we're able to purchase it - in fact, I'm saving pretty much every gil I can for it. I'm hoping to get the biggest possible housing, even if that means I have to spend a lot of time gathering/crafting/marketing for gil. Should my 1.5m gil not be enough, I will welcome donations. xD We'll deal with that when the time comes, though.

I'm interested in knowing who will be taking part in Open Beta (which should carry through to launch) and Early Access. Feel free to let me know!

Any other information such as name changes and just general queries regarding organising ourselves... feel free to post them in this thread.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

The Guildhests provide very quick and large quantities of money, as me and Kukki found out after doing 5 of them, so that'd be a useful option for raising money if the housing costs any more than that.

I'll be taking part in Open Beta on Friday but I'm away after that so I have to miss the rest of it :[
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm going to be open beta-ing and early accessing, BoB.

My wife and I are playing right this minute.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Rockin'. I think the only senior LS member who will be on for the next five or so hours will be Valerna, who has character name Valerna Softpaws. I'm not certain if the Linkshell is active or not, but if you get in touch with her she may be able to add you in.

What are your character names?

EDIT: And yeah, just got word that Val can't add people to the LS yet as the rank changes we made in the earlier Beta phases have naturally been cleared out. It'll have to wait for Danielle and myself to get home in about five or so hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Rockin'. I think the only senior LS member who will be on for the next five or so hours will be Valerna, who has character name Valerna Softpaws. I'm not certain if the Linkshell is active or not, but if you get in touch with her she may be able to add you in.

What are your character names?

EDIT: And yeah, just got word that Val can't add people to the LS yet as the rank changes we made in the earlier Beta phases have naturally been cleared out. It'll have to wait for Danielle and myself to get home in about five or so hours.
    Yeargdribble Fenrir
    Chalumeau Fenrir

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah somebody hook a brother up. Wil Hawkeye is the name, shooting trout in the eye is my game.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I just got around to trying to log into open Beta and as of five minutes ago our server of choice was full :/
    It's a shame they deleted all the Beta 3 stuff.

Edit: Well, 10 minutes later everything turned out okay.
    Last edited by theundeadhero; 08-17-2013 at 05:27 AM.