Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Character Information

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Default Character Information

Hello there, Adventurer! Have you come to slay the great Behemoth, or are you simply doing your civic duty to rid the world of a parasitic ladybug infestation? No matter the cause, the FAT CHOCOBOS invite you to join the best Linkshell and Free Company this side of Hydaelyn!

We are a group of adventurers just like yourself, who have come to the continent of Eorzea in order to make a name for ourselves! It has been five years since the Calamity took so much of Eorzea, and since then, the dreaded Beast Men tribes seek to revive their Primal deities and take claim over the proud lands of the noble races.

We work together to resolve the issues of the local citizens, as well as partner with the three great Grand Companies of Eorzea:

The Maelstrom
    of Limsa Lominsa, led by Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn

The Order of the Twin Adder
    of Gridania, led by Kan-E-Senna

The Immortal Flames
    of Ul'Dah, led by Raubahn Aldynn

But how can I possibly contribute to such noble endeavors, you ask, Adventurer? Why, leave that to us. We will help guide you through the perilous continent of Eorzea, and make certain you are well prepared for anything you might undertake. First thing is first though, Adventurer, we will need to to fill out some basic information about yourself.

You may go over to THIS DESK, manned by our own Smitten Kitten, and fill out the necessary forms so that we might better understand your role with us, the FAT CHOCOBOS. Even if you might join a separate Free Company, we would love to have your information, as the FAT CHOCOBOS often work in tandem with members of our Free Companies through personal connections and acquaintances.

When you're finished, filling out the form, you can check out our Roster and get acquainted with other members of our company. Be certain to grab a Link Pearl from one of the Officers, whose names will be highlighted in Yellow on the Roster. We do encourage communication between factions, so even if you're a representative of another Free Company, we welcome you to stay in communication with us!

I would also like to add that, if in the event you ever need to change your information, you may make changes yourself to the public roster. Don't worry, out office clerks make regular backups in the event someone messes things up. For issues, please reach out to the following:

Dignified Pauper

They will be able to address any form related questions.

Adventurer, we hope you enjoy your travels through these great lands. Always remember, the fattest Chocobo is always the best Chocobo.

TLDR

Please fill out THIS FORM

After, you can view THIS ROSTER.

Need an update? Messages Dignified Pauper.

Last edited by Dignified Pauper; 01-24-2015 at 05:31 PM.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Awesome, though you are missing Scholar under Primary Class/Job.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Man, I wish I could view this kind of stuff on my work PC. Stupid work blocking me from working... on non-work related things.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Awesome, though you are missing Scholar under Primary Class/Job.
    thank you. I also realized that I missed Race, so I may be redoing this. I wanted to get a template started.

Since BoB, you love stats, I figured you would want to be all over this!

eh... fisher, miner and botanist arent crafting classes.^^"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd personally take that "which secondary class do you think you'll take the most from?" out because most of the time people will either have no clue what they will also use or they'll use both secondary classes evenly.

Also, might be worth mixing up Classes & Jobs together instead of listing them seperate.

eg.

Gladiator/Paladin
    Arcanist/Summoner
    Arcanist/Scholar

Alternatively, skip classes altogether.

That's fair, and just go with "role." This is why I asked for your Google id. To discuss this and make you an admin later when questions are sorted out and we can make manual edits for people who decide change is in order.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I second BoB's suggestion to remove the secondary class skillset question, as the answer results so far are showing how misleading that question is. For example, if your primary job is Black Mage, you can't draw skills from conjurer. You can also never draw skills from other jobs. In 1.x, BLM could only use skills from archer and pugilist.

Perhaps a better question would be "What other job(s) do you plan to level?" and allow for multiple options. For example, I split time at black mage and bard toward the end of 1.x, but I also had white mage on hand in case we needed a healer, and you can bet your ass that I'll be leveling another job (probably arcanist or lancer) up to 50 to experience the new low-level content.

Great suggestions. When I get home, I will work on their implementation.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Btw I don't know much about the crafting system but just for clarification can we level all crafting classes to 50 or is it limited like in XI?

I feel out of place, server wise. Going to be switching servers with my XI LS from Durandel to Hyperion since the server will be based in NA.

Also agreeing that should take out the secondary skill question. I put down Arcanist and I really don't even know if that'll be accurate as most of the skills are unknown at the time. Great job on the survey/graph though!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Btw I don't know much about the crafting system but just for clarification can we level all crafting classes to 50 or is it limited like in XI?
    Yes. All crafts can be levelled to 50.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hattoria View Post
    Also agreeing that should take out the secondary skill question. I put down Arcanist and I really don't even know if that'll be accurate as most of the skills are unknown at the time. Great job on the survey/graph though!
    Based on the current cross class skill availabilities known for jobs in phase three of beta, it looks like arcanist abilities will be accessible by both BLM and WHM. Currently BLM only gets abilities from archer, and WHM only gets abilities from thaumaturge. Given that every other job can draw abilities from two other classes, it makes sense that they both have arcanist as their second ability.

My best guess is that summoner will get to draw abilities from archer and thaumaturge while scholar will get to draw abilities from conjurer and thaumaturge, but we'll have to wait and see.

So... We're revamping this. And since I don't want to make a bunch of conditional questions, (read: lazy) I am just going to ask for the following:

EoFF Name
    Legacy Account
    Region
    Server
    Character Name
    Race
    Role(s)*
    Grand Company

Sound good?

*This will have multiple choice selections to cover cross classes. If someone wants to be a DPS and sometimes a Healer, then this can encompass that. If someone is versatile, and wants to level several classes to 50, then they can put down all three roles.
    Last edited by Dignified Pauper; 06-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Instead of roles, I do think that it would be more useful to just ask us to list which jobs we plan on leveling (and just ignore classes since you're going to be running on job 95% of the time for group content anyway). Since jobs are locked on what classes they can drop skills from, specifying jobs answers the cross-class skills question. Otherwise spot on.