Thread: Chong Li vs. Ivan Drago

Default Chong Li vs. Ivan Drago

Bloodsport is not a very good movie in any conventional sense. But I love it. i can't help it. When i watch the movie and I use my brain, I come away feeling offended by how not good it is.

But ya know what? smurf it. I watch Bolo kick ass to some awesome 80s music and I don't care about things like plot or bad acting or the fact Dux is a lying piece of trout probably.

It's sort of the same witH Rocky IV. It's not a good movie. And yet Drago is as iconic as anything else in the Rocky series.

If nothing else, I think Chong and Ivan were good at looking bad.

But which was gooder at being badder?

Always liked Rocky IV for unknown reasons, so Drago for the win for me. "I must break you..." I know it's this one performance that has made me like Dolph Lundgren all these year, but I don't even know why because he has nearly no lines whatsoever.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Bloodsport is a fantastic movie and I have no idea why you would say it isn't very good.

But I am annoyed that van damme kicking his face in isn't part of that video
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Why do you think Bloodsport isn't a very good movie? It seems pretty great to me, and I do not view it 'ironically.'

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It is an action movie, and I watch it and like it for the action. I don't criticize action movies for not being X other type of movie, just like I don't criticize bicycles for not being as fast as cars are.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Bloodsport-Chong Li Kills [Soundtrack] - YouTube
    Bloodsport-Finale-Powder-Triumph [Soundtrack] - YouTube

I just rewatched the movie and goddam...I knew I loved the music but I forgot just how absolutely perfect it was.

That final battle theme is the stuff of legends.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That makes me want to watch Bloodsport again. I was like seven when I first watched it, which is probably bad. Oh well.

Chong Li would clearly win against Drago and his fake horrible Russian accent.

Although if we're talking presently, Dolph Lundgren could totally destroy Bolo Yeung who is like 60 something now. Bolo's best performance was in Enter the Dragon when he jumped up and crushed someone's ribs as Bruce Lee watched in fear.