So, for all the hockey fans here on Eyes on Final Fantasy (if there are any of them), you might heard the news that the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup and they are declared as 2013 Champions. It seems I'm an unlikely girl who became a hockey fan because of the Chicago Blackhawks' victory during the Stanley Cup Championship. But for apparent reason, I really am!

In order to celebrate, and fulfill my OC Dragonite's request, I did this, the most strangest and unlikeliest crossover between the Chicago Blackhawks and Final Fantasy IV...

PKKH fanart pic AMH edit_01_01_01.JPG So, Patrick Kain equals Kane Highwind?

Explanation time!

It was Monday night (06/24/13) when the game was about to take off, and Dragonite proposed me a deal: If the Blackhawks won that game and the Stanley Cup, I promised her to draw Kain Highwind, the dragoon from Final Fantasy IV, in the Patrick Kane uniform including the number "88". So comes down the 2 minutes and 17 seconds left in the game, and knowing that the Blackhawks were winning three to two goals, I had taken the deal too soon. I heard Dragonite shouting from another room saying, "Time to give Kain the 'Hockey Augment'!" In FFIV, an Augment is one of those things that allows characters to learn different abilities, so in this case, Kain will learn how to play hockey and be badass, like Patrick Kane. The morning after the victory (06/25/13), I worked on her request; only took me about 2 days for it was self-explanatory, and I found myself enjoying this. I finished it just in time for the Blackhawks Parade in which I watched the whole thing on TV and shouted "Kane" when they mentioned Patrick Kane or I saw him on the screen. About all, I am happy.

Seriously, this is, in my own artistic opinion, the most strangest and unlikeliest crossover between the Chicago Blackhawks and Final Fantasy IV. "Kain" and "Kane" are pronounced the same way, but only there were numerous way of spelling it, including with the "C" without the "K". And after seeing the last 40 seconds of "The Dissidia Project Episode 28: Darkness Within", the dragoon's name remains constantly in my mind. And then, when I watched the hockey game with my dad, every time the announcer said something about Patrick Kane, I would say the player's last name the similar way that Golbez (the warlock in the last 40 seconds) had said in that episode. My dad went along with it and we shouted Kane's name when the announcer said Kane again. Man, that was a fun memory and an interesting inspiration.

So anyways, this is how I celebrated the Chicago Blackhawks' victory. I hope I didn't make Kain looked like Sephiroth. It was scary before doing the coloring stage, I swear both of those warriors happens to have similar facial features...

So, thank you, Drag, for your lovely and interesting request. Now, if you can please leave me alone and let me work on your Emperor Mateus X Ultimecia fanservice, then I shall be a happy camper once more.

Moment of Credits:

Kain Highwind from FFIV is (C) copyrighted by Square Enix co.
Chicago Blackhawks uniform design is (C) copyrighted by its respective owner
Artwork and crazy crossover is (C) copyrighted by LadyJuxtaposition