Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Recipe of the day!!

I'm going to start this back up because it was fun. Please contribute your own recipes. Enjoy!

Today's recipe of the day is SNICKERDOODLES!!

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tspn vanilla extract
    1 3/4 cups flour
    1 1/4 tspn baking powder
    1 1/2 tspn cinnamon
    1/4 tspn salt

Make:
    Beat butter and 3/4 cups sugar until fluffy. Add egg, beat well. Beat in vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, 1/2 tspn cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Beat well. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheet. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into small balls. Roll each into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake:
    10-12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

I made a recipe thread and it got ignored. That's so not cool.

I -might- dig it up and re-post my recipes. Should you be so lucky.

EDIT:

Aight. So I don't measure things unless I'm baking like breads or desserts or something,wwhatever I list as ingredients will have no amount because I do it all "to taste". Gives you the freedom to use as much or as little as you want or omit something completely.

Now then..

Mexican Shrimp Cocktail:

Frozen, shell & tail on, deveined shrimp
    Tomatoes
    Cucumber
    Avocado
    Jalepeno
    Onion
    Cilantro
    Garlic
    Butter (optional)
    Clamato Brand Tomato Juice Cocktail
    Limes
    Tostadas

Chop all veggies and dump in a big serving bowl.

Either sautee the shrimp in butter, or boil it in salted water. If sauteeing, you can also sautee the onion, garlic, and jalepeno with it if you want.

Let shrimp cool and peel, removing the tails & dumping the shrimp into the bowl as well.

Pour just enough Clamato juice over the veggies & shrimp to cover & squeeze in the juices from the limes.

Toss gently to combine, add salt & pepper if wanted. Serve in individual bowls with Tostadas for dipping.

Mexican restaurants usually use ketchup & lime juice, but it's nasty. This was how I learned to make it in Phoenix.

If you don't want the cocktail to be spicy, remove some or all of the seeds & membrane from the jalepenos before you chop them.

It tastes best freshly made, but can be stored in the fridge as well. Wwarning.. The shrimp -will- absorb the color from the juice and turn a brighter red/pink after a few hours or so.
    Last edited by noxious.sunshine; 07-01-2013 at 05:40 AM.