Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel

Buffy is literally my favorite show ever. I've watched some of Angel and I like what I've seen, but I'm having a hard time really getting into it. I'm really jealous of 16 year-old me because I'll never be able to see Buffy and experience it for the first time again like I was able to then.

I've always identified so much with Buffy, and she and Angel have always been my favorite tv couple. I was absolutely devastated when Angel left at the end of season three. I do love Spike, but in my opinion Spike's and Buffy's thing never held a candle to what Angel and Buffy had. I liked Riley but couldn't stand his and Buffy's relationship at all. I think it was so painfully clear to viewers that they didn't belong together.

Oh, and holy trout, I CANNOT smurfING STAND DAWN. I think Michelle Trachtenberg did a great job playing her, but I just couldn't get behind the whole annoying-kid-sister thing; it wasn't something that I wanted introduced so late in the series. I was ready for the characters to be a bit more mature by the fifth season, and they were, and Dawn being one of the only more immature characters made her seem even more annoying to me. I feel like if they wanted to bring in something as striking as the idea of Buffy actually having no choice but to die ("The Gift") for a loved one, it would've been a lot more effective and powerful if we had seen a relationship between these two "sisters" develop during the previous four seasons.

As far as ranking the seasons, I have a heavy bias for the earlier ones: 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 7.

Man, I could on forever and ever about this show...

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I don't think anyone really likes Dawn. Though I find she's only really insufferable in season 6 (when most of the characters are miserable throughout anyway).

And whoever said they liked the film but not the TV series so much - you might well be the only person in the whole universe who thinks this.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"