Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default LET'S PLAY FINAL FANTASY IV

Hi, I'm shion. Long time listener first time player. Actually I started playing about a week ago and haven't gotten very far so I have started over to do a Let's Play . I hope you enjoy!

So the game starts off with Cecil and the Red Wings returning to Baron after killing some innocent people to get the Water Crystal. There's a few fights in which Cecil badassedly one hit KO's them all. We arrive in Baron.

Cecil arrives feeling remourseful, as he should, and guy who's name I forget warns the king that Cecil is turning against him. So Cecil goes in and tells the king he has some concerns and gets demoted. But he is still apparently expected to do stuff so I get a ring and get sent on my way. Kain talks to Cecil about becoming a Dragoon because of his father or something and tells me to go to bed.

But before I can (killing innocent people is exhausting) I run into big bearded Cid who confirms that the king is indeed a psychopath. BUT HE WASN'T ALWYAS THAT WAY. Or whatever. So I head up to bed and Rosa, Cecil's not girlfriend/girlfriend comes over and expresses her concern. After Cecil finishes acting like a two year old he confesses that he feels remorse for what he did, but he is a Dark Knight and maybe one day he won't feel any remorse at all. She basically tells him it isn't true and she loves him and runs leaves. Cecil also makes a comment about how they can never be together because he is a Dark Knight. I didn't know Dark Knight's had such strict dating rules.

Morning comes and it is time for Kain and Cecil to be on their way to the village of Mist or something.

Let's add some color.
    Party: Cecil, Kain
    Window color: Mauve

I go to Baron city first, home of the Baron, and buy some junk. The weapon and armor stores are sadly closed, which I imagine isn't good for business. So we head on our way to the Northwest (thank you random townsperson) and into a cave with some chests.

There's really not much to the cave. It's pretty short going. A few fights here, a few there. soon we are told to turn back. I would, mysterious voice, but if I do that I can't progress with the game. I choose to ignore the warnings and soon

Boss Fight: Mist Dragon

It's a dragon. That turns into mist. And when it does I can't attack it and it counters with bad stuffs. So after a short while the dragon is defeated. We leave the cave and head towards the little village.

We arrive in the village and the thingy that the king gave me reacts and some bombs appear and do some weird circular ritual dance (I assume) and the village all turns red, I think to illustrate it being on fire. I don't now, I'm not an expert. Cecil and Kain kinda stand there the whole time before reacting and realizing that, hey, this isn't cool. They hear a little girl crying and go check it out.

The little green haired girl tells us that someone killed her moms dragon, which by extension killed her. Cecil feels bad and tells her he didn't know that would happen. Kain tells of a people who can summon, called summoners (good call, Kain) and after a little mini argument between Kain and Cecil, Cecil tries to get the little girl to come with him. To protect her or something. She shockingly doesn't want to travel with the two men who killed her mother and summons Titan who causes a massive earthquake. Cecil wakes up with the little girl and Kain nowhere in sight. He takes the little girl with him to find some help.

We cross the desert and find a little mini town conveniently placed next to a lake. He brings her straight to the Inn and they go to sleep. For free (yeeeeeaaahhhh). They are awoken, rudely, in the middle of the night, by some guard wanting to kill the little girl. He defeats them and checks on her. She finally tells him her name is Rydia.

And that's all for now. Stay tuned!

Articles
    Blog Entries

oooh. I'll make sure to add this to my Let's Play list, along with Yeru's V playthrough!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for you to see what happens to Paladin Cecil.

I am sure

you'll

love

it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Party: Cecil, lv. 12, Rydia, lv. 2
    Window Color: Green

Okay so we are all rested up. Which means SHOPPING TIME. After some equipment buying, I leave town and go northeast-ish and come across an old man with a funky hairdo. He calls me crazy and sends me back to town. So I return to town and Cecil's lady friend Rosa is in some strangers house, sick with the desert fever. Luckily the strange man in the room with her informs me that I need a sand ruby from the Antlion's Cave to cure the desert fever. I check the bookshelf next to him which says Desert Fever Cure: Sand Ruby, or something equally as obvious. Suddenly the wise man who told me this doesn't seem so wise anymore.

So I return to the cave thingy to the northeast and the man who previously called me crazy has decided he needs my help fighting an octopus thing. He needs to get through the cave to get to Damcyan, because his daughter eloped with a bard, which are known for their treachery and bad influence. So back to town for some more shopping. Now that we have finished with that, we head through the cave. And head through the cave some more. And some more. And some more. The old man, Tellah, and Cecil talk about Rydias magic potential over a save point as she sleeps. And then more cave stuff. Then we get out of the cave......... and enter another cave. Conveniently enough, this cave has Hades style equipment for Cecil just laying around all over the place! We continue until we come across a big water fall

Boss Fight: Octomammoth

This fight is pretty easy, just attack with Cecil, Thunder with Tellah, and Chocobo with Rydia, and all is well. We go through the waterfall and out of the cave (finally).

We walk about out merry way and LOOK, a castle . Oh and some airships. Oh and... okay nevermind. So it was nice of them to wait for my arrival before destroying the place. SO we go into the castle and people are dead and treasure chests are open and it is sadness all around. Tellah finds the bard that his daughter left with and gets into a fight. He calls him a spoony bard and I laugh. What's even better is instead of using his more powerful magic, he's there hitting him with his staff and doing all of 18 damage at a time. Eventually Tellah's daughter tells him to stop, and then she dies.

Prince Bardigan (that's my name for him) cries and tells the party about Golbez, the sudden psycho leader of the Red Wings, who just destroyed the castle to get the crystal. Tellah rages and leaves the party, determined to kill Golbez by himself. Bardigan cries and Cecil gives him a slap to snap him out of it. He then joins my party.

screen caps, please!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I has no screencaps

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That`s fine, your write-ups are better anyway.

Plus I`ve been playing through this game repeatedly for 20 years so I don`t need help visualizing it.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Do you want some help on helping battles flow a little easier? I know many things about this game that some may not.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sure, I'm always happy to learn new stuff .

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Paryt: Cecil lv.15, Rydia lv.12, Edward lv.5
    Window Color: Red

So we head on over to the Antlion cave and get some treasures and Edward gets a new harp and stuff. The gave isn't as long as the last place I was, so I am happy about this. We go down a bunch of stairs and Edward tells us that this is where we will find the sand ruby. He goes ahead and helps himself and tells us that it's okay because the Antlion is usually super cool. But then he gets attacked! Gasp! So we have a

Boss Fight: Antlion

The fight is also quite simple. Attack with Cecil, Chocobo with Rydia. I had reserved Edward for healing, but I didn't actually need to use him, so he was mostly just hiding. After a while, the fight was over.

Comments are made about how the Antlion isn't usually mean and Cecil remarks how there are more and more monsters and they seem to be changing their demeanor.

We head back to that place where Rosa is sick and give her the sand ruby. I'm not 100% sure how this works. I just chose it and things went yellow and now she's okay. She was worried and thought Cecil was dead (he isn't) and tells us that Golbez probably wants all of the crystals for himself and we otter probably stop him.

She puts Rydia on spot and asks if she's learned Fire yet, which she hasn't. It's funny because I had been wandering around the Antlion Cave at one point wondering when she was going to learn Fire. I didn't care too much though, because I'm not a huge fan of Fire personally, but I figure it would come in handy at some point.

Like now! Apparently Mt. Iforgetwhatitscalled has ice blocking it and we need to get past there. So off we head, pretty close to where the Antlion Cave was, for fun mountain climbing and other physical recreational activities.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 07-18-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When do the boss battles get harder? So far all it's been is "Easy. Attack with Cecil. Chocobo with Rydia."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm hoping soon, maybe.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, which version of the game is it? If it's the original SNES version it'll get harder I guess, but that version is substantially easier than just about every other version.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's the Nintendo DS version. I've been spending hours building up my characters and a few people have told me it isn't even necessary :P.

EDIT: Actually it's the GBA version. I'm just playing it on my DS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Party: Cecil lv.17, Rydia lv.14, Edward lv.12, Rosa lv.10
    Window Color: Pink

So we head on over to Mt. Something, and Rosa tells Rydia to chant the fire spell. Rydia refuses saying she hates fire because of what happened to her village. They tell her how she's helped so many people and she can help more people by getting rid of the ice that is strangely blocking the entrance to the Mountain, and only the entrance to the Mountain. She chants the fire spell, which seems to be "Fire" (how do they remember all of that?!) and then says teehee and suddenly fire hatred is no more!

So we head up the mountain and save and fight monsters and gain some levels and what have you. Eventually we run into a man kicking some monster butts. He seems to be doing a good job on his own but suddenly

Boss Fight: Mom Bomb

So we decide to help him. The bomb already starts off being harder than most Bomb fights, and I basically use the strategy of attack with everyone, and heal with Rosa. Who is way too slow for what I like in healers. So eventually the thing gets bigger and uglier, so I resume the aforementioned strategy and throw in some Chocobo. Eventually it blows up and I have like 6(?) regular Bombs to fight, and it goes by pretty quickly. So we meet Yang, who's on his way to stop Golbez and he accepts out help, reluctantly at first, and we head off the mountain and to Fabul to try and save the next Crystal.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 07-08-2013 at 04:09 AM.