Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Job

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Technically speaking, my current occupation is a Final Fantasy forum moderator who has nothing better to do at 10:30pm than troll insubordinate members about thread derailment.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    My worst job was at Target. I told them I wouldn't work past 11:00 since I had morning classes, so they scheduled me until 10:30... and then just expect me to stay until 1:00 or so in the morning. On my first day I mentioned going home soon, and the other people just laughed. Being asked to stay late once in a while is one thing, but just being expected to stay an extra three hours or more every single night is bull. I left my resignation on the desk and walked out after a week.
    To be fair this has happens in every retail place I've ever worked. Now I never close anymore

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    My current job, ugh. I do software development at a small startup company.

- we don't have a development process
    - I don't really care for the product we make
    - I haven't been given one good, solid project spec yet
    - I keep getting thrown projects that I can do about half to completion and then my requests for more information so that I can continue the project are ignored because the person who can give me more info works offsite and won't even acknowledge that I've sent an email
    - I'm working through this weekend fixing something that I didn't break, given almost no information on what to fix
    - a bunch of other little more personal things that shouldn't bother me from a professional standpoint but they do because my boss keeps bringing them up
    - rant rant rant rant rant

It sucks, though, because I looked for a job for over a year and this was the first offer I got. I'm scared to give it up too soon (I've only been working here about 3 months). I've made my grievances known but that hasn't changed anything. We have a big project coming up starting tomorrow, supposedly with a development process involved. It should be something NEW not just fixing other people's broken stuff. I definitely won't leave before that's done just because I'm a good person.
    I feel for you. Even having a half-assed process is better than a no-assed process. I'm not sure it's possible to be successful with a team larger than 2 people without something to herd all of the cats. Best of luck.

I'll have things to say in about two weeks when I start my new job, I'm sure. I can say this, though: Don't. Work. Corporate. Ever.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Wal Mart was the same. When my school job started back up in the fall, I talked to my manager to get my hours changed from 5 - 10 to 4 -9 'cuz being up 'till 11/11:30 was killing me. So he did. But I worked in domestics and in spite of my antics, I still made sure my department was totally zoned before I left. Welllll then there's like a gap from 9 p.m. to like 1 a.m. between when I left and night shift actually got around to taking all the pallets out and stocking so my area would get trashed during those 4 or so hrs 'cuz I wasn't there. These 2 other managers harrassed the ish out of me over it even though I told them that I'm not even -there- when that stuff happens and they're not my managers, so they need to back off and I'm preggo, etc whatever. They tried to give me a "final" write up and I just took my name tag off, slung it, and hit the stupid beesh in the face with it & walked out. I was livid over the situation. I was like 7 months along, though, so it was kinda time for me to be on my way out the door anyway.

I'm going to America next week and I've told the girl i'm staying with that I want to spend a day in walmart with a camera.

Blog Entries

hahaha.. WalMart is only funny in the South though. I think.

The K Mart in my 'hood though was super ghetto. It wasn't old people - it was all tweakers and pill heads shopping there. Shame. I remember as a kid, KMart actually being really nice. It's gone downhill.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Wal-Mart is truly a special place. I really hate casting a wide judgment net on a group of people but good lord the difference between your average Wal-Mart shopper and your average, say, Target shopper is just unbelievable. It never fails to surprise me on the rare occasions that I talk myself into stepping foot inside Wal-Mart.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just got a new job
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I'm going to America next week and I've told the girl i'm staying with that I want to spend a day in walmart with a camera.
    Make sure to find the most ghetto and/or rural one possible. You'll get a lot more interesting encounters there compared to ones in urban areas.

I mean, they're interesting everywhere, but you really need to slum it if you wanna get the most bang for your buck.

Blog Entries

Ooooo I love Target. I'm obsessed with Target. I can't shop there otherwise I'll go broke very quickly. It's hard to control myself.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Working for a Film Producer who was utterly insane. He would throw chairs at his assistant and have a lot of other really random temper tantrums. He asked for his assistant to get him a sandwhich, but he was busy and sick that day, so I just got it for him. And then he threw it out saying that it wasn't the same type of teriyaki that he saw yesterday. Then he needed a disclosure agreement printed, so I had to go out of my way to get that for him and run through the rain even, and he ended up leaving. So I had to get in a taxi and go to the production office that his assistant said he was at only to find that they had left there too. THEN to his apartment suite where he was lying in bed like a bloated whale and didn't even need to the letter. Seriously one of the worse people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. His wife was also battrout insane and an entitled, talentless brat. Part of the reason why I am on the fence about moving to L.A. is because there is way too many people like them there.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do you work for Woody Allen?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Barnes and Noble was a pretty soul-sucking experience for a person who loves books as much as I do.

Blog Entries

Default Serving Sucks.

But if you've ever been a server or are one, it can at times, be extremely funny.

Story time!

This one time, I was at work @ Logan's Roadhouse & they had these sirloin & (insert other meat here) combos. These construction workers come in and get seated in my section... 1 of the dudes looked like he was jacked up on steroids. He orders the 6 oz sirloin & grilled chicken combo. There's an option to get an 8 oz instead, so..

Me: Would you like to get the 6 oz or go ahead and get the 8 oz?
    Dude: What's the difference?
    Me: (Without missing a beat, and in my cheerful chipper preppy cheerleader voice, like he's a retard) The 8 oz. is bigger than the 6 oz.

They all looked at me like I'd lost my mind & I just blank stared for a few seconds before realizing he meant the -price- difference.

Me: OH. You meant the -price-.. $5.

Dude gets up to go to the bathroom after declining and finishes ordering and I'm trying my hardest to not die laughing at myself while taking the other guys' orders, but I couldn't help snickering.. I finally had to ask them to give me a minute and walk away so I could laugh and get it outta my system. I barely made it to the line and giggled like a retard for about 5 minutes. My bff was like "This better be good 'cuz my wife done pissed me off", so I get the story out, barely, and everybody was like "Dude.. You're an asshole." My bff had to walk away he was laughing so hard at me. Yeah, I was baked that morning. And I was surprised that they still left me a decent tip. Just thinking about that still makes me giggle.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am combining this with the New Jobs thread because it is about jobs that suck.