Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #eoff Chatroom - Be in it to win a game at the end of the year!

Banned

You also have duplicates, Cim. Bad luck! Chat sounds fun, maybe I should visit to win stuff!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You ought to, dandy!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    At the risk of being ejected from the contest: Counting previous months is not fair and only serves to prevent new people from joining the conversation. Why should I bother participating when I'd have at most half the odds as anyone else?
    Last I checked, this is a generous offer that rewards little effort and you're not being charged a penny. There's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'd say this applies.
    I'm not questioning your generosity. But it seems to me the point of this is to give people an incentive to be active. As someone who is only posting here in earnest for the first time, I'm just saying that the way the "contest" is set up, it's not going to convince me to start chatting. If everyone were given an equal shot starting now, I absolutely would join the chat. I was resolved to do it until I got to the part where you said the past six months count.

Just a little feedback is all; I agree with your right to manage your thing however you want.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you're only going to join chat to win money, and not to actually chat with any of us and make new friends then maybe chat isn't for you anyway

I was entirely ready to join the chat for the money and stay for the friends. Now I don't know about either.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    At the risk of being ejected from the contest: Counting previous months is not fair and only serves to prevent new people from joining the conversation. Why should I bother participating when I'd have at most half the odds as anyone else?
    Last I checked, this is a generous offer that rewards little effort and you're not being charged a penny. There's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'd say this applies.
    I'm not questioning your generosity. But it seems to me the point of this is to give people an incentive to be active. As someone who is only posting here in earnest for the first time, I'm just saying that the way the "contest" is set up, it's not going to convince me to start chatting. If everyone were given an equal shot starting now, I absolutely would join the chat. I was resolved to do it until I got to the part where you said the past six months count.

Just a little feedback is all; I agree with your right to manage your thing however you want.
    The problem with that logic is that you need incentive to join the chat. Without the incentive of "starting fairly", you wouldn't join. It makes sense to give a reward, or chance at one, to those who chat regularly and expect nothing.

You choose to go to chat. You choose to be active. You choose to get to know the folks there. It's completely up to you and something like a video game shouldn't really influence you.

This whole idea seems to be a way to introduce new people to chat with a slight incentive to socialize. It's not like you can babble randomly and waste lines in chat without being disqualified. And, if you look at your odds, it really won't make that much of a difference when the year is up, especially if the numbers grow again.

Honestly, chat does need a few more active members. As great a place as it is, the activity is down as of late. Chalk it up to vacations, work, and whatnot. The people that frequent are great, if not a little strange, but you'll find plenty of the ones that are activity on the Forums to be the active ones in chat. I would highly recommend getting to know them as they are good people.

[/rant]

Tell you what BoBo, if I win, you can steam gift me FM2013 =P.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was entirely ready to join the chat for the money and stay for the friends. Now I don't know about either.
    Fair enough, but to me I feel like it's your loss, socially and monetarily.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

More friends for me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know I'm not really got a hope in hell in winning, but I'll take part anyway. Besides, as I learned yesterday in #tot, chat is ridiculously fun. I think I spent 6 hours in there.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    chat is ridiculously fun.
    Took you long enough to realise this.

smurf tot

technically no one has a good chance of winning anyway. right now the max chance of winning is 6/203, which is about 3%. you should just come to chat to come to chat! it's free and it's fun.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am sad at those odds. *leaves chat forever*

But seriously, there's no reason not to throw your lot in. What is the worst that's going to happen if you join chat? You don't win? There are a hell of a lot of chatters who have been chatting for 6 months who that's going to apply to, myself included. The winner could be some nerd who shows up in December posts exactly 500 lines and leaves forever. Not fair on the rest of us? Maybe. But that's they way this sort of thing works, we've all accepted this possibility.
    Is chatting to us such an abhorrent idea that the only way you'll pop into the chatroom is if there's a cash prize? Is the notion of losing so bad that you won't give chat a chance at this point? It's just a game. You'll play that for what, 12 hours? The community, which you can get into if you give it a chance, will last much longer than that.

Just a question: What happens if the person picked does not redeem their prize? Will it just lead to another drawing? :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    chat is ridiculously fun.
    Took you long enough to realise this.
    I'm a changed man, Shauna. A changed man.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just come in and chat and stop worrying about the prize, nerds!