Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which console controller did you prefer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    PS3. The PS2 controller was already near-perfect, and for once Sony didn't change what wasn't broken.

Though I will say that the N64 controller was oddly comfortable for some games.

This.

I did like the N64 for say Golden eye or mario kart but a lot of other games no. and they broke easily.

Sony had the best controller without a doubt in my mind. The controller I have for my PC is a logitech that looks just like a PS2 controller just a little fatter.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 360 controller is pretty much perfect, the D-pad kind of sucks though. Other than that, the Dreamcast controller was hella comfortable.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    While the PS3 is my favorite this gen, Gamecube had it all.
    Yeah, my hand has conformed to the PS2/3 controller over the years but Gamecube fit me like a glove.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The original Nintendo controller. rite? rite?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

GameCube was actually one of my least favorite controllers. It felt like it had too many weird doodads and buttons in odd places.

Blog Entries

Playstation controller. While Microsoft and Nintendo made really unwieldy controllers, Sony kept it traditional.

Besides that controller, I am shocked and dismayed that no one mentioned the Sega Saturn controller. Or even the Genesis 6-button controller. A pox on all of you.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    GameCube was actually one of my least favorite controllers. It felt like it had too many weird doodads and buttons in odd places.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I love the PS2 controller because I spent (spend?) so much time using them. The PS3 is alright, but they've done some weird stuff with the R2/L2 buttons which don't sit right with me.

The 360 controller is also pretty nice, I like that quite a bit.
    Yep. Except I've grown accustomed to the R2/L2 buttons now.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Besides that controller, I am shocked and dismayed that no one mentioned the Sega Saturn controller. Or even the Genesis 6-button controller. A pox on all of you.
    It was a great controller that pretty much set the standard for 2D game controllers, and fighting game controllers especially, but it sadly got left behind by the fact that 3D kind of took over. It just wasn't good for 3D games at all. Too much of a one trick pony I'm afraid, and not nearly as comfortable to hold as stuff like the Dual Shock to me.

But still, there's a reason those sweet Street Fighter 4 fight pads Mad Catz released were basically just the Saturn controller.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

360 in every aspect other than the aforementioned d-pad abomination.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm giving my vote to the Vita with Nyko support. two analog sticks, triggers, two touch screens, tilt, classic playstation controls, voice commands, light sensitivity. It's aready a good feel, but if you add the nyko power grip, it becomes like a PS2 controller with screens.

Console controllers... I'm going to go with Dualshock.
    Last edited by Hollycat; 07-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I'm giving my vote to the Vita with Nyko support. two analog sticks, triggers, two touch screens, tilt, classic playstation controls, voice commands, light sensitivity. It's aready a good feel, but if you add the nyko power grip, it becomes like a PS2 controller with screens.
    Yeah, but the whole "two touch screen" thing really didn't work out.

"Hey, I know, let's add another touch screen. And since people already complain about lack of precise input, let's put it on the back of the device so they can't even see where they're touching."
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah the touchpad thing came out of nowhere, I'm glad they're adding it to the DS4 though. All the initial impressions indicate that might actually be quite an amazing controller 8)

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Yeah, but the whole "two touch screen" thing really didn't work out.

"Hey, I know, let's add another touch screen. And since people already complain about lack of precise input, let's put it on the back of the device so they can't even see where they're touching."
    The front is actually really precise, better than an iphone in my opinions. The back is basically just used for extra buttons though...
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I'm also going to have to go with the dualshock controllers. Most people find the 360 to be the most comfortable, but while I like the triggers and bumpers a bit better it is just too big and clunky in my hands.

I grew up on the dualshocks and so to me, it is just what comes to mind when someone says, "controller" so I will always be partial to it.