Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - Limited Edition?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - Limited Edition?

Thanks to a little picture from US gaming store GameStop, there is now a rumour floating around that the much anticipated HD reboot of Final Fantasy X and X-2 might also get a Limited Edition, as well a regular edition. This could possibly be a great revelation if you're a huge fan of the game - or even if you just happen to be a collector.

Limited Edition.jpg
    The ad in question

So I'm left wondering just what could be included in the Limited Edition? New dresspheres? New Aeons? Well, we can only dream for big additions like Aeons of course, but I can't wait to find out if this rumour is true. If it is true, I also can't wait to see just what additions (if any) will be put in to make it 'Limited'.

Of course, this hasn't even been confirmed. So it could just all be an error on GameStop's part, either way I'm pretty hopeful that Square Enix would treat their fans, and especially for something as big as Final Fantasy X and X-2. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!

SOURCE

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

My guess would be that it's probably a special box set version with like an art book, postcards, soundtrack highlights CD etc. Much like they did with XIII and XIII-2.

I'm going to keep it conservative and say it's probably just a slipcase for the Blu-ray box. I'd say the chance that they're adding new game content is close to 0%.

maybe they will add in the part that we didn't get in the first place that japan got... but most likely it will be an artbook or a cd or something of that sort

Articles
    Blog Entries

New Aeons? Not in a million years. I'd be very sceptical if ANY in-game content was added. If there was, it'd just be a new weapon or armour or something small.

It's probably a box with some artwork in it, or something like that. And then raised the price by about £15.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    It's probably a box with some artwork in it, or something like that. And then raised the price by about £15.
    Try reading the ad. It says preorders automatically get the limited edition for free.

I thought I did read that it was going to be the "international version" with the extra content. Or at least that it was still up in the air.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

As confirmed by the Playstation facebook page: 'Pre-order for a free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package:'

Edit: And here's picture confirmation

Last edited by I Don't Need A Name; 07-09-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I can't wait for this. Not my favorite game in the series (in fact, for a while, I believed it was the worst), but it did have amazing visuals and excellent sound. Relatively, it's not a bad game at all. It's just tough to beat the ones that came before it.

I also really enjoyed X-2 to the point that I felt it was better than the first one, so I'm psyched that it's not just being glossed over.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I was really kind of sad to hear this because I only want the VITA digital version.

I don't suppose anyone would want to buy a PS3 copy from me the day it comes out for $5 off without the artbook?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I can't wait for the artbook! Might sketch a few things from it too as I love the FFX style of art.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Reboot, locky? :/
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

sweet preordering now