Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How important is EoFF in your life?

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

w00t! Welcome to the club

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Thanks. :kaohappy2

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Like others, its significance in my life has varied a lot throughout the years. Though it has had a pretty big impact, and will always remain an important place to me.

During the last 2-3 years or so, it has mostly been "that nice place to hang around a bit on". My main interests are mostly very specific threads and chatting a bit with specific people in PM or usernotes.

That said, EoFF has effected my life greatly. Or rather... some specific people that I've met here (though not all of them are around anymore) have effected my life greatly. To bring up a few examples, Trumpet Thief is the one who originally got me into anime. Now, I'm a die-hard anime fan. My anime-addiction has resulted in me meeting lots of awesome new people at anime-conventions. People I meet up with every now and then outside of the conventions too. Similary, Raven Nox got me into Touhou. Now, I'm part of the community "Touhou Sweden". A group of swedish Touhou fans that arrange things at conventions and have Touhou meetups and stuff.

...so Trumpet Thief and Raven Nox are indirectly responsible for me getting to know some of the best IRL friends I have and help me find some of my greatest passions. While it might not be on par with finding the love of your life and such, both of these two examples have had a huge impact on my life. And that's not even all either. I've gone places and met a few EoFFers too, which has been totally awesome.

(...like going to London and eat half of Pauls milkshake after finishing my own faster than he could finish half of his. I think I even had another one after that too.)

And while I, at this very moment, do little more than posting a tiny bit here and there and talk to Neo and a few others about random topic x, I do still consider the friends I have here on EoFF to be true friends that I value high.

...aaand as insanely crazy as it might sound to some of you, Neo is basically my go-to guy when it comes to game recommendations.
    Glad to have had that sort of impact on you man

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Trumpet Thief helped get me into writing and also is responsible for me being Jiro in a sense so welcome back and thanks

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Oh dude, I am totally feeling the love right now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I won't say it's -the- most important thing in my life (in spite of my post count probably suggesting otherwise), but I like it here. It stays pretty active, and errbody gets along in spite of the occasional arguing and trolling.

I just kinda hate the whole "being the newb" and coming in when everyone else has been around since the dawn of time and are all bffs and whatnot and having to go through the whole process of going from being the newbie to being considered a regular or whatever. And considering that most places I frequent, I've been the last newbie to register and actually stick around, so I'm always gonna be stuck with that label.
    Gosh. A lot has changed since I posted that.

I've kind of found my footing here after almost a year. I'm no longer the newb, but the newbs that've become regulars recently have seemingly fallen into the EoFF culture much easier than I did. ToriJ, EtcherSketcher, and Kalevala to be a little specific.. AlaynaMae has stuck around so far and posts some - and that's awesome as well.

And I've switched to talking more in #eoff than I post in the forums lately (I'm numero uno chatter right now, y'all..lol), but I like it there. Sure, conversations can get deep at times, but for the most part, it's light-hearted and fun. And I'm really grateful to have been able to get closer to people here over the past few months. The amount of love and support that I got when my mom passed away helped & meant a lot to me (& still does).

But yeah.. I've gotten to know & become friends with people I didn't really expect to. And I'm thankful for that. EoFF is most definitely a huge part of my life now.

EoFF is a fun place to be I guess. Other places are better, but I have a history here.

i prefer chat to the forums though, it's more fun and less strict.

i can't say that eoff has changed my life a huge deal but i did meet some cool people i guess. i think eoff will be one of the last forums to die thanks to the dedication of some members here

Articles
    Blog Entries

Moderate to severe? It's the first tab I have open whenever I boot the computer up and I gleefully let you guys distract me from all the stuff I should be doing. I've made plenty of friends here that I now have on Facebook too and I've only been a member for six months and it feels like a lot longer. This place had a hell of an impact on my career too, I owe most of the money I've earned off my reviews in large part due to you guys.

I love you guys :shoot:

Wait, wrong emote.

That's better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If I hadn't slept with Award Guys sister, I probably wouldn't still be on the run and around more.
    FOA

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Though this place is not really a part of my life anymore, it once was. I used to spend nearly all my free time here. I did meet my wife of nearly seven years here and I will always be grateful for that.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Even though I don't post a lot, I'm here every day, and have been for almost all of the past 12 (nearly 13) years. I've made some rad friends here and will be another one for the EoFF marriages list very soon.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm like to meet my future wife here, since that is what oldbies tend to do nowadays.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think many people spent their adolescent years in a fit of turmoil that EoFF guided them successfully through, but like some of you my EoFF story started in young adulthood.

Along with most of the turmoil I've experienced in life thus far.

My family fell apart and came back together higgeldy piggeldy. I took a great adventure and had a greater fall from grace. I fought, I screamed, I cried and flew into a blackness so deep I thought iI'd never find my way out and up.

And through it all EoFF remained the one constant, the one stable shelter for my aching brains and my wounded heart. At times you were all the fixed point of light in the darkness that let me know I wasn't alone, not really, not as long as there was a community who cared for me.

EoFF didn't pull me through as much as it served as an example of the good out in the greater world. I can never really repay that, not really, but I can hope the time I've spent here has helped someone else as well.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

EoFF is a constant in my life, to me it's this place that I can always come home to and be comfortable no matter how long I stay away. I can always be here and talk about dumb stuff with old and new faces. It's a sort of comforting feeling that I will never feel truly utterly alone as long as EoFF is around. I get really sad sometimes when I think that someday I will be old and this place might not exist.

That's interesting that some people have gotten married because of this site. As for how important this site is in my life. I never gave it much thought... nor have I made any friends here this whole time and I mostly just lurk. It's nice to check every once in awhile about any news about FF.... it'd suck if it were gone. It is such a good community here...