Thread: FFXIII-2 Time Puzzles

Default FFXIII-2 Time Puzzles

Do you have any troubles doing the stupid time puzzles in FFXIII-2? I got stuck in Oerba 300 AF, and I found this. Figured I'd share it if anyone's had the same problem.

Hands of Time Puzzle - Final Fantasy 13-2 Wiki Guide - IGN

Basically just download, and double click. It will open up in microsoft excel. Basically gives you the answers to any set of numbers you may have. Pretty slick if you ask me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's also a website that does it for you: clockpuzzle.pl

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

there is also a flash app that solves the clock puzzles for you, and shows you a visual representation of the solution.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

I don't mind the clock puzzles, unless they are the larger 12/13 face ones, or the ones where the face changes constantly, or where there is a time limit...

So clock puzzles are pants then.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a website! Either way, I think it's also a cool way to use Excel too xD

I've solved them all by myself, however! The Oerba 300AF one to unlock 400 AF had me stuck for 3 hours (literally), so I decided it was time to cheat.

Now I can farm Forked Cats and that weird monster with the debuffs.

I absolutely hate the clock puzzles. I find them completely unsolvable. Its the whole random numbers thing. No chance to learn from your mistakes, its hope you pick the right one.

If I hadn't found a website that solves the things for me, they would have killed the game for me like the lightning tower puzzles did for FFX-2.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I was spitting rage and fury when I was doing one of the clocks. In the end I figured out that instead of always starting with the biggest number, I had to start with the number which was the hardest (or preferably impossible) to get to and things usually fell into place after that.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They weren't that hard you sissies!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I loathe the timed ones (especially timed random ones, but timed non-random is just pointless, so all timed ones should be removed).

I did quite a few by just stepping forward enough to get the numbers, but not activate the timer, and then worked them out from there. On the larger ones I had to pause and pick up the numbers by color (since they're blurred out when you pause).

If you could get the right starting point, it was usually very easy, but figuring out where to start on the huge puzzles, within the time limit, was ridiculous.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I always felt it easy enough to just step up enough to get the numbers without activating the timer, but the puzzles would be better without a timer, I think. I really enjoyed the puzzles, though. I like those kinds of puzzles in general, and they help add a little bit of variety to the gameplay. I actually kind of wish that you could still activate the randomly generated ones just to play them some more, strangely enough.