Thread: PS3 Beta Impressions and Questions

Post PS3 Beta Impressions and Questions

First Post! Yeah!

My experience this weekend was great in the general game play sense on the PS3 and I liked the graphics well enough. I know that my PS3 experience is not going to be near to PC's in graphics due to limitations of PS3 hardware. My concern lies with the fact that players look rather choppy in game (NPCs obvioulsy look fine, but players remind me of Mario 1 blocky movement) I am concerned that high volume areas I will not be able to keep up. Wife and I have a 35 Mbps down 5-ish Mbps up connection which translates to roughly 10-15 Mbps down for both of us on speed tests for PC and PS3. I'm generally not sure if this is a unique experience to myself, my internet connection, or if the community as a whole is seeing this and everyone takes it for about what to expect as standard. I'm rather sure it has something to do with internet connectivity since the only things that are not smooth in movement are the other player characters.

I'm looking for answers to the following questions:
    1. What has your experience been like and can you relate at all?
    2. If you can, how?
    3. What have you done, if anything, to fix or improve conditions?
    4. If not any of this stuff, is it actually a hardware limitation that the PS4 version will likely fix?
    5. Am I crazy?(my wife already has an answer to this and you would probably agree)

Bring it! (And a big thanks in advance)
    Last edited by ibecomeless; 07-03-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Chopped out about 2/3 of my original text to make it more concise. Hope it's easier on the eyes!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fanta...ml#post3277000

2. If you can, how?
    Not sure what your going for here, its a fantasy world where we kill things and do quests... whats to relate?

I play on a PC with max settings so I don't really need to improve anything.

4. If not any of this stuff, is it actually a hardware limitation that the PS4 version will likely fix?
    If your asking that the PS3 version is limited and will it be fixed on the PS4... I would say almost definitely.

5. Am I crazy?
    Don't even know you so I have no idea.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I never got to do much of anything in the beta due to struggling with the controls. When will the beta be open again?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fanta...ml#post3277000

2. If you can, how?
    Not sure what your going for here, its a fantasy world where we kill things and do quests... whats to relate?

I play on a PC with max settings so I don't really need to improve anything.

If your asking that the PS3 version is limited and will it be fixed on the PS4... I would say almost definitely.

5. Am I crazy?
    Don't even know you so I have no idea.
    Carl, Thanks for your post. I cut out a bunch of explanation about this, so it probably was a little confusing. I was specifically looking for takes on the PS3 version (my wife has the PC version running max and loves it too) and every question was to that effect. Most of this wouldn't apply to your scenario, but I appreciate the comment. Happy hunting!

P.S. - Everyone on my team at work loves the Carl videos, so every time I see your sig I laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I never got to do much of anything in the beta due to struggling with the controls. When will the beta be open again?
    Moon, Next round of Phase 3 starts This Friday at 5am EST (not sure what your timezone is). There are also many rumors going around that the beta will run longer than expected and might even have a whole week open (not just weekends.) See you there!