Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra 30 mins added to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe they simply put all the cutscenes from Last Mission together, removing the gameplay aspect from it.

Last Mission was about as good a sequel to FFX-2 as you could get. I mean, in X-2 the player's choices really matter and there's no real canon. In Last Mission, depending on the choices the player made during X-2, the cutscenes alter. If you don't get the good ending, Yuna won't talk about being together with Tidus.

What I'd really like to see is a cutscene between X and X-2 that establishes the Coliseum. It's an awesome gameplay feature but - like most International additions in FF - makes no sense story-wise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Gets Cross Saves Between PS3/PS Vita, 30 Minute Episode Officially Confirmed - PlayStation LifeStyle

It's apparently an audio drama and so far, James Arnold Taylor is a narrator, talking about events from both X and X-2.

Cross saves are also confirmed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hopefully this is about Yuna and Tidus' baby and how she's about to embark on a journey with little Vidina. Or how they're all grown up.

IT'S FINAL FANTASY TEN THREE Y'ALL

No seriously, I would not object to FFX-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Auron breakdance scene.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just watched part of it on the stream: ffntv - Final Fantasy Network (finalfantasy.net) (knowledge of the French language recommended)

And holy crap, they said Tidus' name. (starts a bit before the 20 min mark)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

THEY SAID HIS NAME

HE HAS A NAME

DO WE KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT NOW

EDIT: Okay, listened to it. It seems unlikely but not impossible it's FFX-3, considering they said Tidus' name. I'd think they'd leave it blank like they did in FFX-2 if it was FFX-3.

But the Council? A new stadium?...

ARE YOU GUYS FINALLY GETTING YOUR BLITZBALL MANAGER GAME?
    Last edited by Jinx; 07-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Is it going to be a section where Tidus is online reading people's opinions about him, and weeping as a result.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They say his name in Kingdom hearts. They say Teedus. I WANT A BLITZBALL STANDALONE GAME> I love that minigame.

Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems. I'm hoping for some way to access your saves from the older PS2 versions, but I can't see how that would work or ever happen.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    They say his name in Kingdom hearts. They say Teedus. I WANT A BLITZBALL STANDALONE GAME> I love that minigame.
    In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts they call him "Tee-dus" but during the scene where she's walking with Kairi, Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II calls him "Tie-dus". Also, way back when the game first game out they had interviews with James Arnold Taylor where he called him "Tee-dus". So the people who dubbed these games really don't seem to be able to make up their minds.

Honestly though, I think it's safe to say his name is meant to be pronounced "Tie-dus" because he has the Sun sigil/crest and Yuna has the moon sigil/crest, and in Okinawan "Yuna" means "moon" and "Tida (tie-dah)" means "sun", which makes it pretty clear to me what the devs were going for.

Because of all this pointless information, I will always refer to him as "Tie-dus".
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems. I'm hoping for some way to access your saves from the older PS2 versions, but I can't see how that would work or ever happen.
    I haven't tried this yet, because I'm lazy as sin, but I have the little memory card adapter that was produced for the PS3 system to let you take save data over to the PS3. I know you can put PS1 data on all the PS3's, but I'm not sure if (since I don't have the PS2 backwards compatibility) my PS2 saves can get copied onto my PS3. From there It wouldn't be too ignorant of me to assume I can then copy them to my Vita. One day I'll experiment and let you know :c)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems.
    Typically games with the cross save function don't require you to purchase both copies; you just have one and then you can download the other system's copy for free. I purchased Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for my PS3, for example, and it allows me to login with my PSN on a Vita and download the game to the Vita for no charge.

I think it's more than safe to say they'll do the same thing with these games. If they don't however, you're absolutely correct that it's ridiculous and SE has unrealistic expectations.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts they call him "Tee-dus" but during the scene where she's walking with Kairi, Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II calls him "Tie-dus". Also, way back when the game first game out they had interviews with James Arnold Taylor where he called him "Tee-dus". So the people who dubbed these games really don't seem to be able to make up their minds.

Honestly though, I think it's safe to say his name is meant to be pronounced "Tie-dus" because he has the Sun sigil/crest and Yuna has the moon sigil/crest, and in Okinawan "Yuna" means "moon" and "Tida (tie-dah)" means "sun", which makes it pretty clear to me what the devs were going for.

Because of all this pointless information, I will always refer to him as "Tie-dus".
    Don't they also pronounce his name as "Teedus" in Dissidia?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems.
    Typically games with the cross save function don't require you to purchase both copies; you just have one and then you can download the other system's copy for free. I purchased Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for my PS3, for example, and it allows me to login with my PSN on a Vita and download the game to the Vita for no charge.

I think it's more than safe to say they'll do the same thing with these games. If they don't however, you're absolutely correct that it's ridiculous and SE has unrealistic expectations.
    If the devs meant for it to be "Tie-dus", why wouldn't he be "Tie-dus" in the new clip that was recorded?

Articles
    Blog Entries

As far as I know, the one time with Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II is the only time his name was pronounced "Tie-dus" instead of "Tee-dus". Also, the i in Tida is pronounced "ee".

I think it's safe to say he is pronounced "Tee-dus".