Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extra 30 mins added to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

I have never heard anyone pronounce it Teedus in the 10 odd years or so this game has been in existence… this is news to me.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems.
    Typically games with the cross save function don't require you to purchase both copies; you just have one and then you can download the other system's copy for free. I purchased Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for my PS3, for example, and it allows me to login with my PSN on a Vita and download the game to the Vita for no charge.

I think it's more than safe to say they'll do the same thing with these games. If they don't however, you're absolutely correct that it's ridiculous and SE has unrealistic expectations.
    If the devs meant for it to be "Tie-dus", why wouldn't he be "Tie-dus" in the new clip that was recorded?
    The same reason the very same devs made Selphie call him "Tie-dus" in Kingdom Hearts II? As I stated above, the people who dubbed these games can't seem to make up their minds on the phonetics.

I think it's just another situation like "Aeris" vs "Aerith"; a minute difference lost in translation.

That being said, even if SE came out tomorrow and said "It's officially pronounced Tee-dus!" I'd still call him "Tie-dus" because I always have, and the original game didn't tell us either way.
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I've heard the name pronounced before, though unrelated to FF. It was pronounced Tee-dus. I always pronounced it Tie-dus, because I prefer it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    I've heard the name pronounced before, though unrelated to FF. It was pronounced Tee-dus. I always pronounced it Tie-dus, because I prefer it.
    That

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Huh. I watched part of the stream and yeah, it definitely sounds like it's leading up to something...either something added on at the end, or....FFX-3!!!

Does anyone know who that woman talking is?
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Even if it were Latin, traditionally the "i" should be pronounced "ee".
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.