Thread: Extra 30 mins added to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Extra 30 mins added to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

ffxhdremaster.png

According to a Jump article there will be 30 minutes extra added on to Final Fantasy X in the HD remaster by series writer himself Kazushige Nojima. This will be added in to the end of X with a new cast of characters and voice actors. So far this is the most information we have but it's rumored that in the next Famitsu there'll be more details!

Final Fantasy X|X-2 remaster is due out later this year for the Playstation 3 and the Vita. If you missed the E3 trailer don't forget to check it out as well!

What do you think they're adding?
    Last edited by Freya; 07-04-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Here's all the kinky time the citizens of Spira got up too in between X and X-2 which explains why Spira is far more liberal in X-2. Hubba hubba!

Would be cool if was a preview of a FFX-3. The cast members could Tidus and Yunas child as the main character and Wakka and Lulus kid in the party aswell.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I dunno, since it's after FFX and not FFX-2! Especially if it's an all new cast!

Maybe the aeons are having a party after being freed or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Maybe it shows how Yuna moves on after Tidus and becomes involved with the Gullwings?
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was thinking maybe it shows how Rikku came to Yuna with the sphere of Shuyin, but that couldn't be right, as it'd be using existing actors. And not just one, but several.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Adding nothing. Just decreasing the framerate like they did for the FFT remake.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious Eagle View Post
    Maybe it shows how Yuna moves on after Tidus and becomes involved with the Gullwings?
    The International Version already has the "Eternal Calm" Prologue that does that to some extent.

?SQUARESOFT? Eternal Calm - Final Fantasy X-2: Prologue [HD] - YouTube

Depending on what site you read, it's either at the end of FFX, FFX-2, or at the end of the entire compilation, after you finish both games.

It would be delightful, and hilarious, if it was an FFX-3 buildup. Oh man if SE did that I know everyone would be furious but I'd be so excited, even though there's not really anything else to tell in the story.

Dag nabit SE where the hell is the release date? You're still saying 2013, but it's friggin July! You're running out of time!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yuna and Tidus sex scene.

Nah that wouldn't take 30 minutes.

Lol @ people suggesting FFX-3.

Blog Entries

Yuna and Tidus wedding then? x)
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

The sources I've read concerning this have all been pretty vague; they say the scene happens after the "game's ending credits" or whatever, but which game specifically? Because this is kind of important. If it's after X then it could be some sort of bridge between the two like Eternal Calm and if it's after X-2 then I would like to say it's something in the fashion of maybe an epilogue to the story as a whole, seeing as how the Perfect ending of X-2 was so troutty, especially when one considers how hard it was to get 100% completion.

If it were along the lines of a prologue or exposition on the events prior, such as Braska's pilgrimage or the Machina War (I would prefer the latter, actually), that'd be awesome but I think it's pretty unlikely.

And wait, I just had a thought: it's 30 minutes of NEW content? Does that mean we'll see the FFX world in PS3 graphics?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    The sources I've read concerning this have all been pretty vague; they say the scene happens after the "game's ending credits" or whatever, but which game specifically? Because this is kind of important. If it's after X then it could be some sort of bridge between the two like Eternal Calm and if it's after X-2 then I would like to say it's something in the fashion of maybe an epilogue to the story as a whole, seeing as how the Perfect ending of X-2 was so troutty, especially when one considers how hard it was to get 100% completion.

If it were along the lines of a prologue or exposition on the events prior, such as Braska's pilgrimage or the Machina War (I would prefer the latter, actually), that'd be awesome but I think it's pretty unlikely.

And wait, I just had a thought: it's 30 minutes of NEW content? Does that mean we'll see the FFX world in PS3 graphics?!
    Um, FFX in PS3 graphics was kind of the whole point of this exercise...

Also, if it's after X-2, then it's going to be something linking X-2 and VII's worlds. Which is going to be horrible.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Now that I think about it I bet they will put it behind X-2 that way people will play through it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

Um, FFX in PS3 graphics was kind of the whole point of this exercise...

Also, if it's after X-2, then it's going to be something linking X-2 and VII's worlds. Which is going to be horrible.
    I meant along the lines of FFXIII's graphics, not just a simple HD touch-up. Even aside from that, I still think that from the screenshots I've seen, the remaster resembles later PS2 quality (FFXII) at best and not any sort of dramatic change I know a lot of people were mistakenly hoping for.

Also if it turns out that it's new content, they'd be making it from scratch, which means it wouldn't be just an HD upscale, so I would expect it maybe to resemble FFXIII's graphics, which was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.

As for it consisting of a link between the worlds of X and VII, I think that's pretty unlikely. I can't imagine they'd put the whole 30 minutes into that minor connection, which was something that was only barely mentioned by Nojima (? or was it Kitase?) at the time. From what I've gathered of his statement, it didn't seem like he was all that interested in exploring or developing the VII-X connection much further than that.