View Poll Results: Are you getting the game just from what you experienced?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm getting it

10 83.33%
  • Still on the fence waiting to try phase 4

2 16.67%
  • No Thank You

0 0%

Thread: So Rumor has it Phase 3 is over

Default So Rumor has it Phase 3 is over

So their been rumors that phase 3 is over. I could of sworn that phase 3 ended on July 14. I know they were planning on doing this weekend test till the Duty Finder worked, which it did perfectly in my opinion. I love that duty finder feature, another reason how this new FFXIV team thinks outside the box and you'll never have to wait for PT for missions, quests, battlelevels or so forth. It crazy they made it work so quickly and then still ended the beta this sunday. They went from saying they weren't sure if it was going to be available at the start to ending it on Sunday. But if this is the end of Phase 3 how many people are going to buy this game base off of the 10% we had on just phase 3 and like less then 12 days of actually phase 3 playtime. Or how many are still on the fence? (So I guess while I was typing this they confirmed a 5th phase 3 test) I don't desire to be on much for the 5th test. I just might goof around and see if I really want to play as a Male Mithra or try the other character models.
    Last edited by brearj; 07-07-2013 at 05:18 PM.

No, Duty Finder was supposed to be last weekend, but it was pushed back to this weekend because they had other problems. From what I gathered, they simply combined the Duty Finder test with the "final" test, which was just a server stress test.

I thought I did hear that the last part of Phase 3 was supposed to be longer than 48 hours, which I thought was confirmed when they originally listed the beta start time with no end time. I checked back later to find that they added an end time of 48 hours. So who knows? Maybe their plans changed and we'll get one more portion of Phase 3.

On the topic of whether or not I'm getting the game: I preordered it last weekend, so yes. I can't imagine playing this much beta and still being on the fence. Is anything about Phase 4 going to change anyone's mind?

Kinda want phase 3 over with and move on to phase 4. Got to lvl 20 with the airship pass and feel like I shouldn't go any higher then that

Indeed, there's little point in grinding when your progress won't be saved. I got up to level 31 or 32 with my main character just because I wanted to see what some higher-level gear and the chocobo armor were like, and because I had nothing better to do. There was also a dungeon (Haukke Manor) that only becomes available at level 29, so that was fun.

Part of me wants to jump to Phase 4 so I an make some lasting progress, but I was basically booked solid for the first 3 weekends of beta, so this last weekend was my first to really play. I won't mind another weekend where I can dig in a little and figure out more of the stuff that I just don't get yet.

Phase 4 is what I'm waiting for.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Phase 3 is now confirmed to not be over.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    So who knows? Maybe their plans changed and we'll get one more portion of Phase 3.
    Called it.

Probably not going to play it, though. Sorry if that ruins the whole point, but I can't see why it'd be interesting to keep playing Phase 3 beta at this juncture. It's not like I've even found any bugs or anything is changing that would require feedback.