Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing The Household Chores

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Doing The Household Chores

It seems like lately all I hear is how much housework everyone is doing. Granted, I do talk to Shion pretty much everyday, which makes this pretty much an inevitability, but other people too do housework pretty much everyday and sometimes it's their job (See thread)

Kirby here, doing yet another day of household chores

All this cleaning talk has inspired me to create a thread all about cleaning and other misc. household chores.

I clean everyday. I don't especially have to, my mum doesn't expect me to at all actually, but I feel obliged to chip in. I always do the washing up at least once a day (sometimes twice if it's a heavy load) and that also entails wiping down the counters with the spray and whatnot. At least once a week I'll hoover the floors as well and dust some of the rooms. It's not ground breaking, nor is it 'alot', in real terms, but I like to chip in. Actually, I find cleaning somewhat therapeutic. Slip in some music, and I can quite enjoy it.

Now, I don't do the laundry, and I can only imagine how annoying that can be. I should probably learn actually, if I'm going to university this year. Always helps to know these things.

But what about you guys? How much cleaning do you do? Are you the only one in the house who cleans? Do you 'enjoy' it? Do you loath it? Do you have a schedule or rota or any sort of system in place (I do the washing up this week, you do it the next or your a dead man) and finally, what sort of tips do you have to make the process easier?

Many of our members pain themselves to do the most tedious of chores. How can we make the process go that bit easier?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll do minor cleaning like sweeping the floor (I have wood floors) and general organization every other day. For more major stuff I'll wait a week or two. I am not that great of housekeeper, but I been doing a lot better with more space ever since I moved into a condo.

As for how I motivate myself? The second I come home from work, I will just do it. Why? Because I've been working for hours already, so I still have that kind of mentality.

Blog Entries

I'm constantly cleaning. Especially the kitchen and bedroom. I can get kinda messy when I cook, but I can't stand for the kitchen to be gross. It drives me nuts. Jay is messy in general. He comes home, slings his crap everywhere , leaves dirty dishes wherever.. My 5 yr old is neater than he is. So yeah. It's a constant never ending process. Heh.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I clean sometimes. I cleaned Denmark's bathroom for him recently.

AND IT BETTER STILL BE CLEAN WHEN I GET THERE THIS WEEKEND OR SO HELP ME GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Denmark you should poop on your floor it will be funny

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Denmark you should poop on your floor it will be funny
    Don't just stop there! Smear it all over the walls as well. And just let the pee fly everywhere too. You know, just let it all hang out. I'm sure Sam will clean it for you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

God damn it, Justin.

You too, Jordan. You're getting a spanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I clean sometimes. I cleaned Denmark's bathroom for him recently.

AND IT BETTER STILL BE CLEAN WHEN I GET THERE THIS WEEKEND OR SO HELP ME GOD
    the bathroom is clean! YOU BETTER ACTUALLY BE COMING THIS WEEKEND

i'm pretty bad at keeping my apartment clean tbh. i need to wash my dishes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Then

(SPOILER)LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That kirby is adorable

My cleaning schedule (daily tasks in italics):
    Sunday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, do laundry, clean the toaster oven, coffee maker, and microwave.
    Monday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, clean the bathroom toilet, sink, mirror, and shower, mop, reorganize the shelves and drawers if needed.
    Tuesday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, dust, clean the washer and dryer.
    Wednesday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, laundry: work clothes, towels, bed sheets and blankets, wash windows.
    Thursday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, clean the bathroom toilet, sink and mirror, wash and/or dust cupboards, drawers and shelves.
    Friday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, mop, clean burners, clean oven, furniture (under cushions, etc).
    Saturday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, dust, and clean, organize, sort fridge.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    That kirby is adorable

My cleaning schedule (daily tasks in italics):
    Sunday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, do laundry, clean the toaster oven, coffee maker, and microwave.
    Monday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, clean the bathroom toilet, sink, mirror, and shower, mop, reorganize the shelves and drawers if needed.
    Tuesday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, dust, clean the washer and dryer.
    Wednesday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, laundry: work clothes, towels, bed sheets and blankets, wash windows.
    Thursday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, clean the bathroom toilet, sink and mirror, wash and/or dust cupboards, drawers and shelves.
    Friday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, mop, clean burners, clean oven, furniture (under cushions, etc).
    Saturday:
    Dishes, wipe the counter, wipe the stove, wipe the table, sweep, pick up anything laying around and put it away, dust, and clean, organize, sort fridge.
    What even?! I feel sorry for you. Heck I'd volunteer chipping in if I lived anywhere near you.

And very clever Sephex. Very very clever.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Between posting things here this evening I've cleaned the bathroom (shower, bathtub, sink, mirror, toilet). About to do the floor. Eoff helps me procrastinate and break up many kinds of chores.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh, it's not so bad. Wednesday's are kind of annoying though because the comforter for our bed needs to be hand washed. Also window washing is unpleasant because last summer there were lizards all over the kitchen windows and I've only seen one this year but it still scares me. The rest is okay.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like a total slob compared to Ashton, but I don't think I'm really that bad compared to everybody else.

Do you ever go over to your friend's house and you're really close so they don't feel the need to tidy up for you so you see all their weird bathroom stuff or what have you?

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I put off cleaning as long as possible because I hate it. I only have my room or my laundry to do and those things tend to get done as late as possible on Sunday evening and during the week I'll usually help my mom out with dishes/vacuuming and dusting.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Do you ever go over to your friend's house and you're really close so they don't feel the need to tidy up for you so you see all their weird bathroom stuff or what have you?
    Yep!