Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought FFVII recently on the PC? Make it look sort of like a HD Remaster

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wow, Carl. That's actually fairly impressive, when you consider what the PSX version looked like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Wait, does the new PC version actually look upgraded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    No
    Mirage, this is what I was talking about. But anyway...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The 3d res has never been very problematic to increase, even before the recent rerelease. You could increase the res on the original game too, it just didn't make much of an impact to me, because the lack of detail in backgrounds always overshadowed it, at least for me. In fact, the difference in resolution between 2d and 3d makes things look worse to me. Ff8 on pc has the same problem.

I always had the pre-rendered backgrounds in mind when I talked about improvements, sorry if I didn't make that clearer.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    Yes, it does. They made some additions to the character texture maps (mainly mouths) and greatly increased the rendering resolution of the polygon models, so they all look crisp when the game runs at 1080p. It's a huge improvement over the PSX version, even though nothing was technically remodeled.

They recently announced that they're doing the same thing for FFVIII, which I will probably also buy. There are screenshot previews available in every article about it. Compare it to the original; there's a big difference in the characters.

New PC remaster:
    *snip*

Original:
    *snip*
    That is Final Fantasy VIII, nothing to do with the modified version of Final Fantasy VII, which is the subject of this thread.

First screen looks just like FF8 looked in the first PC version. Just sayin.
    Okay, guy, everybody knows FFVIII PC was notorious for having worse graphics than the PSX version. Final Fantasy VIII - IGN

Jeesh, just because you were wrong about the graphical improvements of the new FFVII...
    I was wrong about the graphical improvements of FFVII? When?
    No
    Mirage, this is what I was talking about. But anyway...
    You completely took his quote out of context, I believe what Sam was asking was whether the newly released edition on steam would automatically look like the pictures in my post/the link Aulayna posted in the original post, which means he was dead on when he said this:

No, you need to mod it yourself.
    Which is where you to the no he wrote out of context.

Someone asked if the new version looked better, and he said no, you need to mod it. Wrong. End of story. Doesn't matter what his opinion of the upgrade is; it was upgraded, and that's what the person wanted to know.

I used screenshots of FFVIII because I had just made them earlier and they showed the same exact type of improvement as you can see in the FFVII re-release.

Sorry for trying to accurately inform the person who asked the question.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Someone asked if the new version looked better, and he said no, you need to mod it. Wrong. End of story. Doesn't matter what his opinion of the upgrade is; it was upgraded, and that's what the person wanted to know.

I used screenshots of FFVIII because I had just made them earlier and they showed the same exact type of improvement as you can see in the FFVII re-release.

Sorry for trying to accurately inform the person who asked the question.
    Dude, you ARE wrong, Sam was asking if it looked the way it did IN THE ORIGINAL POST, which HAS been heavily modified, nothing to do with the minor changes from 1998 PC version to 2012 Steam version.

Accurately informing someone that the pics provided in the link from the original post is exactly what Mirage did. Followed up by posts of the modified game that I to provided always way accurately informing her that the steam version require modification to resemble them.

Had you been accurately informing her, you would have said the following: "The Steam version has had some minor upgrades, as details here <insert info>, but to have the game look the way it does in the original post, you need to modify the game.

You were not the one to "accurately inform the person who asked the question." End of subject.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wanted to know if the pictures Carl is posting is what the 2012 version looks like. Apparently not without mods.

FFS, guys. It's something silly to argue over. xD

Well, that's not what Tifa asked. "Does the new PC version look upgraded?" is not the same as "Are the above pictures how the game looks by default?" I answered the actual question, while the other guy answered a question that wasn't asked. My bad.

If he was right, I don't know why he was being picky in post #12 about what I posted. It seemed like he was mad that I contradicted him. If that's not the case, I apologize. But really, no need to stomp all over my FFVIII pics. Like I explained in my first post, they're relevant because that's exactly what they did to FFVII.
    Last edited by comma; 07-22-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, that's not what Tifa asked. "Does the new PC version look upgraded?" is not the same as "Are the above pictures how the game looks by default?" I answered the actual question, while the other guy answered a question that wasn't asked. My bad.

If he was right, I don't know why he was being picky in post #12 about what I posted. It seemed like he was mad that I contradicted him.
    ...I actually asked both questions.

EDIT: Or rather, that's what I meant.

EDIT: Or rather, that's what I meant.
    Well, I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for. I wouldn't have gone so far out of my way to explain exactly how they upgraded the 2012 version if I knew what you meant to ask.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's implied because of the thread it is posted in: about how you can give the game a completely different feel through mods.

Quote Originally Posted by comma
    If he was right, I don't know why he was being picky in post #12 about what I posted. It seemed like he was mad that I contradicted him. If that's not the case, I apologize. But really, no need to stomp all over my FFVIII pics. Like I explained in my first post, they're relevant because that's exactly what they did to FFVII.
    Tbh I don't really think what he said was him being picky, as he said, he was mealy pointing out the first picture you linked looked a lot like the original FFVIII PC Version.

The second picture was (without a doubt) the original PSX version of the game.