Thread: Episode Complete New Game Plus carryover?

Default Episode Complete New Game Plus carryover?

I figured I had some unfinished business so I've decided since I own it but never played it properly I'm going to finish off FFX-2 (i.e. the Mascot dressphere, the optional superbosses and so on) before I move on from this franchise. I'm not doing a 100% story completion run though as I don't really see the point.

So I understand you've gotta have Episode Complete in every area for the Mascot. Does getting that in any area on a previous run carry over in New Game Plus or do I have to do every single one again? Just wondering before I finish Chapter One again and reach that point of no-return.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think you need episode complete for every area in a single playthrough for the mascot dressphere.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yep, all of them in one playthrough. Fortunately, most of them are pretty simple. The ones that might screw you over are Moonflow, Calm Lands or Mi'ihen.

And once again, I have to advocate going through the Via Infinito without Cat Nip. It was made to give you a challenge, so what's the point in cheesing it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh another caveat is that when you're busy in Chapter 5 visiting everywhere and completing episodes, you must not leave Zanarkand last. To obtain the Mascot dressphere, you have to automatically return to the Celsius and Zanarkand does not allow you to do that (in other words, after Episode Complete you stay in location).

Because of this glitch, you cannot leave Zanarkand till last. You must finish it earlier. Besides that, everything else applies. Mi'hen will only trip you up if you neglect doing the Chapter 4 Detective Rin sidequest. If you completely neglect the Calm Lands advertising stint, you can still complete the episode, but because you've left it so late, it will be a right drag. Kilika's episode complete relies upon the use of the commsphere but is otherwise simple enough. The others are all simple enough, as long as you follow diligently all the sidequests on other.

A walkthrough can help you more accurately know what to do.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    And once again, I have to advocate going through the Via Infinito without Cat Nip. It was made to give you a challenge, so what's the point in cheesing it?
    Well then you'll be happy to know the HD Remaster will be based off of the International Version, and the International Version renders Cat Nip useless. I guess Square caught on after the fact that when combined with Gunner it broke the came.

Honestly, I completed the whole Via Infinito without Cat Nip EXCEPT for Chac (the thing that cheats and turns your entire party to stone, even though you have protection from Stone). I honestly don't see how it's possible to beat it fair and square. Guess I'll be finding out next time around.
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-14-2013 at 03:48 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Well then you'll be happy to know the HD Remaster will be based off of the International Version, and the International Version renders Cat Nip useless. I guess Square caught on after the fact that when combined with Gunner it broke the came.

Honestly, I completed the whole Via Infinito without Cat Nip EXCEPT for Chac (the thing that cheats and turns your entire party to stone, even though you have protection from Stone). I honestly don't see how it's possible to beat it fair and square. Guess I'll be finding out next time around.
    Chac is vulnerable to being recoil locked. Three Lady Lucks, for example, can stagger their attacks so that Chac never gets a turn.

I liked Cat Nip just because the Via Infinito eventually got boring. Once they stop introducing new enemies and just increasing their numbers, the fun factor really began to drop. I'd killed all these enemies before, several dozen times each. I just want to finish the bloody dungeon.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I have to cringe every time I read this because the International Version is 4x as broken as the original. If you know how, you can make every enemy in the game do minimal damage to you as soon as you reach Chapter 5. And no, Cat Nip is not useless. Plus they made Chac easier.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean
    If you know how, you can make every enemy in the game do minimal damage to you as soon as you reach Chapter 5. And no, Cat Nip is not useless. Plus they made Chac easier.
    How come? Minimal damage?