It’s that time of year when we recognize the contribution of some members who have helped build and shape EoFF, not over the past 6 months, but over the course of their entire membership – which in some cases is over a decade. Some of these members no longer post very much, but they are still remembered.

Which means I have the great honor of presenting a Lifetime Achievement Award to none other than:

RSL

RSL was one of the original moderating team back when EoFF was first started, all the way back in 1999. He remained on staff for years after that, as a moderator and then as an admin. EoFF’s anniversary (December 5) is called RSL Day in his honor, and to this day for every Ciddies one mysterious member continues to cast a vote for RSL in every category.

Here are what some members had to say about RSL:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
When I was a newbie, I found RSL to be very scary. I am not entirely sure why - perhaps a combination of the admin title and the evil looking pirate for his avatar. I learned how absolutely and monumentally wrong I was. It is an over-used word, but this is one of the very rare cases where it is justified to say that the one word to describe RSL is nice. He is a genuinely warm and personable man, and would happily make conversation to everyone, with the brand new newbie to the grouchiest of the oldbies, from the chatters of #eoff to the FF fans of the lower forums. I don't think it is possible to underestimate the importance of having such a welcoming and inclusive person on EoFF, and the good he has done for the place by simply being himself.
Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
RSL was one of the original Cid’s Knights, who came to be one of the most well-liked staff members of his time. He was good-natured and pleasant to talk to for nearly everyone; he even put up with me when I was giving most of the staff a hard time! I’m not sure there has ever been someone so respected by all types of EoFFers, from the embittered oldbies who hated basically everyone else to hyperactive newbies who nobody else could tolerate. He was a faithful companion to EoFF for many years, second only to his undying loyalty to the oft-maligned Detroit Lions. I certainly miss having him around to talk to, especially in the fantasy football league.

RSL, you are missed, but still appreciated.
Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Loony BoB
Okay RSL is pretty much the nicest guy in the entire world at EoFF at least and he never did anything wrong ever. He was respected and loved by pretty much everyone. Seriously the guy is golden. And also a teddy bear. I knew him for years and not once ever could I ever say a bad thing about him. I wish I could be a little more like RSL. I love that guy. I miss him.
Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto
RSL - he's got a good heart and a good soul, and he's been dearly missed around these parts for a while now. In his time, he did a great job at bridging divides and linking parts of the community together with his sincerity and honesty. I never got to know him terribly well (like many) but I always respected him a lot. Obviously life has taken him in a different direction, but it was nice to see him check back in. It definitely gave me the warm 'n' fuzzies seeing his name back on the Users List.

Congratulations, RSL. It’s a bit late, but has been warranted for a long time. EoFF wouldn’t have been the same without you.