Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The EoFF Cookbook!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Eureka! The EoFF Cookbook!

Are you often desperate for food ideas? No idea what to cook? Want a bunch of seasoned (with paprika) EoFFers to give you free food ideas that you can try at home for low cost?

If you ticked any of those boxes, then the EoFF Cookbook is just for you! Starting from now until the end of time, both me and the lovely EoFF home cooks will be posting any interesting recipes they may have used during their culinary adventures. Famous recipes from the Quina's Cook-off will also retire here in the cookbook and continue to inspire for many months to come.

Adding Recipes

"But Formy!" I hear you say. "How do I contribute to the Cookbook?". A decent question. Here's my mini-guide for being a good volunteer and helping out!

Each recipe that you add on to the cookbook can be written in one of two ways:

• Via a PM to me
    • Directly on this thread

Either way, the format is still going to be the same. Here's an example to show you (and coincidently, the first recipe on this list!)
    _____

Simple Cookies!
    Serves: 12-15
    Cooking And Prep Time: Under an hour
    Cost?: $

Ingredients List

• 350g/12Ľoz unsifted flour
    • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 225g/8oz butter
    • 175g/6Ľoz caster sugar
    • 175g/6Ľoz soft brown sugar
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 2 eggs
    • 350g/12Ľoz dark chocolate, crumbled

Recipe

1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
    2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
    3. In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate.
    4. Split the pliable dough into two halves, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 5cm/2in in diameter. Wrap them in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
    5. When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 2cm/ľin thick and lay on a baking tray, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
    6. Serve.

_____

And there you go. That's what I'd call a "best case" recipe posting. You seriously don't have to include sooo much detail. If you don't otterly know the cooking time, you don't otterly have to, but then again, the more detail you can add, the better. A photo is nice, if you can provide one, but hey, it's not needed exactly. One thing that IS needed is that if you think your recipe deserves an icon (see below), then do say so so I can bestow it on the index. While I can sometimes judge for myself for some icons (like cooking time, etc) the gift icon is naturally subjective. So help me, and yourself out by stating so. Thanks!

One thing: if you include approximate cost, it's out of 5. So $$ is relatively cheap, while $$$$$ is breaking the bank so to speak.

Finding Recipes

So, you otter find a recipe? Maybe it's a treat for a friend and you decide to ask EoFF for help. Awesome! With every recipe posted in this thread (if PMed to me, I'll post it in the thread for you) I will diligently link it through to the index, found at the bottom of this opening post. The index is your contents page so to speak: every recipe in this thread/cookbook will be in that index. As I said, there's categories aplenty. I might add more if the current list of categories isn't enough to fit everything in neatly, but we'll see how that fares anyhow.

Also in the index are indicators that sit beside the linked recipes. These are little icons that tell you what you can expect to see in that recipe. The icons include:

- Vegetarian (Self-explanatory really)

- Gluten Free (self-explanatory really)

- Contains Alcohol (Both in food AND drink)

- Fishy Fish Dish! (Contains fish, shrimp, seafood in general)

- Quick Cooking Times! (Quick to prep and cook, generally under 30-60 mins)

- Inexpensive! (Deemed to be $ or $$)

- Great For Large Groups! (Large serving size, obviously depends on dish)

- Awesome gift idea! (Nice to send to people etc.)

- Good For Beginners! (Requires little skill)

- Not otterly easy, requires skill (If recipe requires skill etc.)

- Recommended For Students (Inexpensive, rather easy, etc.)

- Recommended For Families (Either good for kids, or serves a mid sized family etc.)

That's probably more than enough indicators for you to wade through! Make sure to keep note of what they mean: they're all self-explanatory otterly. Quick note: if a particular food allergy or precaution doesn't have it's own symbol (like the vegetarian one) then make sure to contact me, and I'll get the appropriate symbol up in a jiffy.

Anything else?

No, that otter about cover it. If there are any questions regarding the cookbook project, feel free to contact me over it. I'll make sure to get back to you.

And remember! Any and all recipes are accepted and welcome. Even chicken feet. And eyeball soup. Actually, the more I say this, the less sure I am about opening the floodgates... either way, have fun adding your own personal flair to the cookbook! Add anything you want. Home cooked ideas, ma's own cooking, traditional stuff, anything you want! Try out some of these recipes and tell us how it went!

But the index!

Index

The categories below allow you to pare down what you otter eat! Just click the spoiler tag, look at the indicators, and away you go! You'll be sent straight to the relevant post. Enjoy! Look back at the icons list if you're unsure what they all mean again!

Breakfast Dishes

Shion's Tomato and Salsa Frittata

Shion's Chocolate Pancakes!

Tasty Lunches

Shion's Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Salad

Sharky's Chicken Quesadillas

Appetizers
    noxious.sunshine's Mom's Cheeseballs

Main Meals

noxious.sunshine's Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

noxious.sunshine's Tilapia Ceviche

LocoColt04's Fiesta Stir Fry Mk.II Op.

Shion's Chicken Divan

Shion's BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes

Dessert

Carl the Llama's Chocolate Fudge Cake!

Delicious Snacks

Simple Cookies!

Cocktails And Drinks

Driver's Punch

Blood Orange Campari Cocktails

Special Occasions
    Naff all I'm afraid. Try adding to this category today!

Miscellaneous
    Naff all I'm afraid. Try adding to this category today!

Quina's Cook-off Spectaculars!

Sacred's Meatloaf

Ramuh's Fiesta Stir Fry

Odin's Zantetsuken Curry

Gilgamesh's Cannelloni

Siren's Meatpie

Hecatoncheir's Meatballs

Leviathan's Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Yojimbo's Swedish Mudcake

Ultima's 'Chicken Stew'
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 07-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.