Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Are Your EoFF Buddies?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Smile Who Are Your EoFF Buddies?

With all the happiness and stuff surrounding the Ciddies, and also now with the EoFF handbook for newbies, it made me reminisce about the times when I first really felt connected to my present friends on here. It's not when we first said hi, but more when I felt that friendship really solidify. Really take hold. Excuse me for rambling on in this OP, but basically:

Answer this: Who are your friends on EoFF? How did you really meet?

• Shion: It's hard to really pinpoint a 'first encounter', because I really just saw her around the forums earlier this year and thought she seemed nice enough. When Ashton joined the EC, I think that brought us naturally slightly closer together. But, I think the key moment which made us real friends was with the Cooking Contest. Both of us helped each other into making it work, praising each other and what have you. It was awesome. It was after that we starting VMing each other more frequently and eventually I got her on Facebook. After becoming good friends with Shion, by association I get on very swimmingly with Sharky now as well, so that's a fantastic bonus.
    • Tifa's Boobs: Oh geez, gosh. What a horribly slow start with Sam! There was, somehow, I don't know how or why, some sort of friction between me and her. It's hard to say really. My nickname being Formy ticked her off for some reason or another. But after Christmas, things thawed and now Sam is like literally one of my favourite people on here. Funny how things work out isn't it?
    • Chris: Oh boy. I think it was in the picture thread that I first got a taste of what Reno is like. Things only developed from there. I'm very unsure as to when exactly we became friends. I can't remember a precise moment, but I guess he picked up on my 'innocence' in posts I made and came to me like a shark smelling a drop of blood. Nah, I love him really. I have him on Facebook like the others, and he's surprisingly toned down than what he is on here.
    • Jiro: Funnily enough it was probably me helping out with skt's appeal that was our first real interaction. That was probably the seed that started our little friendship. Things grew on from there, like me taking the helm of the Community Update and I guess Jiro is like my writing adviser. Always there to help me with articles or whatever! The Christmas secret santa I ran I guess solidified our friendship further when I gave him his own private island.
    • Parker: Again, it's hard to pinpoint a precise encounter. However, chat in the past month or so definitely helped. He's a real card who I naturally gravitate toward. I'm sorry if this one is short, because my memory is bloody awful, but... yeah. I love Parker I do!
    • Faris: Working on the Theatrhythm frontsite stuff definitely helped and was probably our first real interaction. After that, things progressed from there. Swapnoting in particular was hilarious and we do still do that occasionally. But now, Facebook and #chat are our main two avenues of communication. I definitely enjoy Faris's company and when Parker and Faris are together I love just watching them snipe at each other. It's great entertainment.
    • skt/Snacks: Really two main events here. The first one was way back last year when Jiro did that appeal that I supported with. That was my first real interaction with Snacks. Then of course after a few months of radio silence, I pop back in chat and there he is! He calls me Formuloohoo alot. I'm not sure what to make of that.
    • Yerushalmi: When he was new, and I read his 'Hi there' thread on the wonder square, I thought "hmm, this guy has potential". It's funny, it was just a sense really. And this was before I even saw him on chat, which apparently was where he first originated from. I just clicked with him from day 1. It's hard to really say, it's been three months. But PMing him almost everyday helps keep a constant rapport going. I do sometimes think I'm harassing him (like how I feel with all my friends to be honest), but he's not said negative so. . Things like the Religious Thread and learning about Israeli culture and day to day family life I find fascinating, yeah. Hope it continues I guess.

There are loads more. Definitely. I'm sorry if I omitted you, but I could literally go on for hours raving on about how lovely everyone is!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have buddies.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Me neither

Apparently I'm engaged to like 5 people though XD

2013 Slore of EoFF hahahaha

Faris
    Mirage
    Carl

Uh.

I like talking to tavaryn a lot and kotora too.

I encountered all of them in chat. 6 a.m. makes for fun convos.

Not gonna' make anyone's list.

smurf you all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My EoFF Buddy is James.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I don't have buddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Me neither
    Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Not gonna' make anyone's list.

smurf you all.
    What rays of sunshine you all are.

Just sayin. Also T's B's bee's knees...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fine, you win Formy.

My EoFF Buddies

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My real answer is this:

There are so many people on this forum I love for so many reasons. I'm not going to make a list because I don't want to be here all night, and I'd still leave people off. Almost every single person here is important to me and matters to me for a reason, and I love you all. The few who I'm the very closest to know who they are, and I'm not going to go on about them here, because I don't want to cheapen the rich relationships I have with other people (when it might just be a different dynamic.)

tl;dr--I have a lot of love to give to people on this forum, and so I can't even attempt to make a list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

A lot of people. I don't want to omit anyone.

I get along well with most chat people. Formy, Cimward, balzac, Aulayna isn't my friend but I would like her to be, I think she's a great person, Freya, Pontus.

Sharky.

Like I said, many others. You know who you are.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also want to say that the skype cru are my buddies. They know who they are.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ummmm my time came and left all in 2005

but I had a few buddies I hardly remember talking to, let alone their usernames

starlight angel was a big buddy once upon a time
    me and psy used to be a bit cool
    I dont recall much of the BAoTW fam either but Rye was cool
    there was this one dude, I forgot his name =(, but he was from the UK and cool, we used to talk about games and other trout on msn messenger.
    then various others who made fun of me for my age at the time
    those were good ones

Blog Entries

I hate most of you equally some a little more than others

Blog Entries

Bert is my buddy.
    And Mom.
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like people! I always feel threads like these alienate some and I don't want to do that. I love everyone! Well no. Actually I hate all of you but it's a love to hate! MUAH!