Thread: The Newsroom

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default The Newsroom

Is anyone still watching this? It's still somewhat enjoyable, though it was definitely getting old already just towards the end of the first season. I think now I'm watching it mostly just to find out what happens.

They finally brought up an issue that was critical of Obama with drone strikes. I actually did like how they handled it, too, with McAvoy's self-labeled conservatism finally showing through with his tepid support of drones and unwillingness to attack that panelist.

But I'm getting tired of just seeing 2-year-old stories with rehashed 2-year-old commentary. The biggest stories were drones and the start of the Occupy movement, and the entire episode added nothing to either debate. The beginning of the first season at least added something new in its critique of how the mainstream media operates, but it doesn't seem to even be doing that much anymore.

:monster:

Haven't watched the first episode yet, but will be doing so either Wednesday or this weekend, probably. It's a pretty good show, though yeah, they could do more to add to the debate.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Got bored after like 3 episodes. Way too preachy for me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I love the show. I like it's commentary on Journalism more than anything. The new intro is so much better than the old. I do kinda like the time delay though because for me it makes the show more believable than covering fake news. Although I kinda hate the Neil stuff. In season one about the whole online "haxxors" like who talks like that, really? And now this occupy thing. It just seems like sorkin is so disconnected with the younger generation stuff but tries to so hard to add it in heh.

I love olivia munns character though. And I thin Thomas Sadaki does an awesome job too so I'm glad in episode one they already broke off the maggie and him thing.

Despite it's flaws I really enjoy this show and I'm glad it's back.