Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Giveaway: Final Fantasy Tactics for the iOS

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default EoFF Giveaway: Final Fantasy Tactics for the iOS

So, it appears that the generous Square-Enix have given the EoFF Staff another prize to give away, and I have been given the opportunity to set up this competition for them. This time, the prize up for grabs being Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for iOS!

There have been a number of additions and improvements made in this update of the game. So whether this will be your first time playing the Tactics spin-offs, or if you’re a veteran of the games – this is the version to get, as it is the best way to experience Final Fantasy Tactics yet! These improvements include:

• Refined Graphics - All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet!
    • Improved Draw Speeds - The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date!
    • iCloud Support - A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices.

Now that you’re all undoubtedly excited for the chance to play Final Fantasy Tactics on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll want to know the details of how to enter with a chance to win.

You have two weeks to submit a paragraph or two telling us what your favourite class from Final Fantasy Tactics is, and why? If you haven’t played any of the Tactics games before, which class would you most like to play, and why? It’s as simple as posting that in this thread to enter!

There will be further tasks posted in the thread over the two weeks for you to complete to increase your chances of winning. Make sure you check back in with the thread so you don’t miss out.

Remember, this is for an iOS copy of the game. Do make sure you have a device you're able to redeem this prize on before you enter!

Good luck to you all!

OPTIONAL TASK #1: Draw a picture of the class (race is yours to decide!) you described in your post. MS Paint, hand-drawn; Poorly drawn, masterpiece... you decide! Just get your art on and submit a picture.

OPTIONAL TASK #2: Make a new thread and five new posts in the Final Fantasy Tactics subforum. Post links back in this thread.

Optional Task #3: Write a paragraph or two about what your favourite thing about EoFF is.
    Last edited by Shauna; 08-01-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Me no have fancy expensive touchscreen devices

But I have to say, what a generous gift Square-Enix have given us yet again! They certainly enjoy giving us stuff. Not that I'm complaining. I'm still holding on to my poster with pride!

Articles

My experience of the tactics games comes from the Tactics Advance Series, rather than war of the lions. My favorite class was the Elementalist (Viera). I am typically a magic user, and I like the odd magics that some games provide. Magic attacks combined with status effects are the best.

While I experimented with a large amount of classes in the game, I did not actually particularly use the the Moogles or Nu Mou. I would be interested to see what roles War of the Lions have in order to to see what differs between the games.

Only on iOS, no Android?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Sadly not.

When you say "favorite class", are you referring to FFT classes only, or FFTA classes as well? Your post is rather ambiguous.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Any class from any of the FFT games. :}

I'd love to play this on an iPad to see the full detail of things, but I only have a small iPod touch for the moment. Having FFT on iOS would give me a good incentive to consider stepping up to the iPad.

My pick:

Setting aside practical use in battle, I've always had a guilty pleasure in using Calculator/Arithmetician. The game isn't ever very good about giving you easy situations to use it to your advantage, but when the maths work out, it's satisfying. I really like the idea of incorporating sciences into a fantasy setting (yep, I like steampunk), and Arithmetician helps me bring out my inner math geek. I'm also a big fan of the character design for this class.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    Only on iOS, no Android?
    I know! We need more of this crap on Android. Although that would probably just motivate me to finally spend money on a tablet...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    Only on iOS, no Android?
    I know! We need more of this crap on Android. Although that would probably just motivate me to finally spend money on a tablet...
    It is pretty saddening because I am planning on getting a Ipad Mini in a month or so (as a sort of goodbye, you're going to uni family present). A shame that the contest is now
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 07-22-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really wish I had some type of iOS to play this

Blog Entries

Why would Square Enix sponsor a giveaway that promotes iAnything? That's just... immoral.

Good thing there's a way to mod Android tablets to work with most iOS apps and games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Maybe Squeenix will do some stuff for Android later.

Either way, enough whining about this! More entries!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Maybe Squeenix will do some stuff for Android later.
    I don't even have a android phone

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Addendum: the iOS version of the game also features additional storyline battles and events unlike the version available for PS1 and on the Playstation network.

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oMMPcGtF4XM#t=50s>Limberry Castle Inner Keep</a>

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmpbtIv1Y0U>Lionel's New Liege Lord</a>

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OvNFn83qx0>Agrias' birthday</a>

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bVNsrlc1Yr8#t=49s?>An actual fight with Kletian where you don't nuke him in one hit</a>

I already have/play this every day or I would have entered.