Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

there is problably already a thread somehwere, but i cant find it!!

Wouw wouw wouw :3
    this trailer got me all exited again on this movie!!

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE - Official Trailer #2 (2013) [HQ] - YouTube

and here are some cool character pictures!!
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0708670&type=1

so what do you think?
    half the characters have looked very different in my mind when i read those books ^^ Only Cashmere and Brutus look a bit how i thought they would look :P

what do you think??

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wasn't impressed with the first movie and probably won't be seeing this one.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

More Jennifer Lawrence is always a good thing.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am so smurfing excited for this movie. Back in early spring when I found out that it wasn't coming out til November, I was pretty miffed. I'm thrilled now because this comes out on November 22, and the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special is on November 23. Greatest weekend ever? Maybe.

Anyways, about the trailer:

Watching it brought tears to my eyes, because I know what's coming etc. Catching Fire is my favourite book in the series. The moment when Effie looked over at Katniss when her names was pulled for the second time...

I'm glad that they only gave the briefest glimpse into the dress scene, as it's one of my absolute favourite scenes of the book, and I hate it when trailers ruin great parts of films.

"And advice?" "Stay alive."
    "Remember who the real enemy is."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I am so smurfing excited for this movie. Back in early spring when I found out that it wasn't coming out til November, I was pretty miffed. I'm thrilled now because this comes out on November 22, and the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special is on November 23. Greatest weekend ever? Maybe.

Anyways, about the trailer:

Watching it brought tears to my eyes, because I know what's coming etc. Catching Fire is my favourite book in the series. The moment when Effie looked over at Katniss when her names was pulled for the second time...

I'm glad that they only gave the briefest glimpse into the dress scene, as it's one of my absolute favourite scenes of the book, and I hate it when trailers ruin great parts of films.

"And advice?" "Stay alive."
    "Remember who the real enemy is."
    ive reasently finished the book but honestly, i cant completely remember it.
    for me the book was a bit blurry, mainly the characters (even more in the 3rd book) were confusing me becaus i couldnt really remember who was who, and what they have done or what theire role was. and often did i mistake male-female... making it even more confusing after 20 pages
    i also thought that in the first movie they left out some big details

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Like what? I actually thought the movie was incredibly true to the book. They left out some things, sure, but it was also a very long movie and they had to trim fat.

Most of what was left out (in my opinion and observation) was the internal monologue of Katniss. That was left out because of its medium, or some things were changed. Like, when she gets a gift from Haymitch, there's a note attached. In the book she had to struggle to figure out what message he was trying to send her, and what she should do to get more gifts and/or stay alive. Again, it was changed because that wouldn't work in film.

But I'm honestly curious of what you thing was left out that should've been in.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought they did a surprisingly good job with the first movie. It had some questionable casting choices (like that square headed boy they chose for Peeta and the horridly bad younger brother of Thor they cast for Gale... oh and the whole thing with not allowing non-white actresses to audition for Katniss).

But overall, I remember really enjoying the first movie. So I'm excited for this next one! I actually think it'll be even better than the first one. It's even darker and now that they've already set up the premise with the first one, they can just dive right into the meat and bones. I love that the trailer just teased the new round of games. Mwahahaha.

There was only one casting I was really interested in for the 2nd movie, and that was for Finnick. I was rooting for Justin Hartley, but again, they gave the role to a not very attractive looking guy. What is up with the lack of male eye candy in this franchise???

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually think the guy who plays Peeta is adorable.

That being said, Chase Crawford of the Gossip Girl fame was my choice for Finnick. https://www.google.com/search?q=chac...LAKvj94APDuIEo

omg omg omg

I think it's a bit dumb they didn't allow non-white actresses to try out for the part of Katniss, as a Hispanic, Indian, or Native American could've played her. She's described in the book as having dark hair and somewhat dark/tan skin. I remember actually being a bit surprised they chose someone so pale to play her.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first movie was pretty great and I liked this book even better so I'm excited for this movie. I think it will take a lot more to make this one good, though, because a lot happens.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually think the guy who plays Peeta is adorable.

I think it's a bit dumb they didn't allow non-white actresses to try out for the part of Katniss, as a Hispanic, Indian, or Native American could've played her. She's described in the book as having dark hair and somewhat dark/tan skin. I remember actually being a bit surprised they chose someone so pale to play her.

I think Peeta being adorable is part of the problem for me. Especially next to someone as, you know, womanly as Jennifer Lawrence. It's just icky seeing them be romantic when he looks like a 10 year old.

After Jennifer Lawrence was cast and people were upset at the white washing, I remember people from the movie (including maybe Jlaw? Can't remember) were like, WE CAN GIVE HER A TAN CALM DOWN. Which only made people angrier. Cause it's like, dude, it wasn't about Katniss having a tan, it was about completely shutting down any opportunity for a non-white actress to play what was clearly intended to be a non-white role. Even the author back tracked about her own ideas of the ethnicity of Katniss after they cast Jennifer Lawrence which was so disappointing. Buuuut, I still think Jennifer Lawrence rocked it as Katniss and she really carried the entire movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She did do great. Skin-colour aside (that sounds horrible) I think Jennifer Lawrence is an excellent Katniss. I can't see anyone else playing her now.

That reminds me about how much people were getting upset about Rue being black. HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS? THE PARTS WHERE SHE SAYS SHE HAS DARKENED SKIN, HAIR, AND EYES? When I read the book, I saw her more as Hispanic. But it seems like Rue is supposed to be from the South, so...I just don't understand why people were so surprised. It really pissed me off. Especially because people were being incredibly rude and offensive about a 12-year-old little girl who was incredibly adorable, and was a wonderful actress.

Also, I get what you're saying about Peeta now.

Blog Entries

Like what? I actually thought the movie was incredibly true to the book. They left out some things, sure, but it was also a very long movie and they had to trim fat.

Most of what was left out (in my opinion and observation) was the internal monologue of Katniss. That was left out because of its medium, or some things were changed. Like, when she gets a gift from Haymitch, there's a note attached. In the book she had to struggle to figure out what message he was trying to send her, and what she should do to get more gifts and/or stay alive. Again, it was changed because that wouldn't work in film.

But I'm honestly curious of what you thing was left out that should've been in.
    honestly, i cant recall at this moment. but when i finished to book i did think that some crucial things were left out of the movie

abbout Finnick: yes, i would have picked a pretty'er actor to :P since in the book he Is the pretty boy

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I've read the book series three times, I think? And I've seen the movie two or three times. Like I said, there are things left out, but nothing that was crucial to the story or had to be ret-conned in later films (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter films.)

I'm hungry for her games.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

While I'm excited for this one, I'd be perfectly happy if they just skipped Mockingjay.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum