Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Alright, I bought the books in a cheap Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Some Sort of Special Sunday Actually deal. If they suck (apart from the third one, thanks for the heads up) then on all of your heads be it!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked the third one. It's definitely my least favorite of the three, but I wouldn't say it's BAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The ending is bad and makes no sense. Some of the build up is kind of cool. The main problem with the third movie(s) (other than the ending) will be an increased role for Gail. Man he was really miscast.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I like Katniss as a main character. She always seems to be the one with all the ideas.

Cinna rules as well.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the 3rds ending is just.. i dont know, too fast perhaps (book spoiler) Seriousy, dont read if you dont want to know the end (SPOILER) i still dont understand Coin's action with killing Prim etc, and President Snow deserves a more spectaculair death if you ask me

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really hope they change the ending but I doubt it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Reply to Shaibana about Mockingjay Coin didn't kill Prim exactly. I mean, it wasn't really intentional. Snow used Capitol children as a meat-shield figuring that District 13 wouldn't be heartless enough to sacrifice children. He was wrong. Prim was there to aid the children who were in the line of fire during the attack from District 13, when another round of bombs were sent in. If anything, Coin would've intentionally kept Prim ALIVE so as to keep Katniss on her side and on the side of District 13. She wanted her to continue to be the Mockingjay, and if District 13/Coin could no longer offer protection to Katniss' family and friends--but mostly Prim, the most beloved person in her life--why would she continue to be the propaganda Coin wanted?

And yeah, Del, Gale was never a favorite character of mine. I always hated him, but the actor they chose for him is just all sorts of wrong.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Reply to Shaibana about Mockingjay Coin didn't kill Prim exactly. I mean, it wasn't really intentional. Snow used Capitol children as a meat-shield figuring that District 13 wouldn't be heartless enough to sacrifice children. He was wrong. Prim was there to aid the children who were in the line of fire during the attack from District 13, when another round of bombs were sent in. If anything, Coin would've intentionally kept Prim ALIVE so as to keep Katniss on her side and on the side of District 13. She wanted her to continue to be the Mockingjay, and if District 13/Coin could no longer offer protection to Katniss' family and friends--but mostly Prim, the most beloved person in her life--why would she continue to be the propaganda Coin wanted?

And yeah, Del, Gale was never a favorite character of mine. I always hated him, but the actor they chose for him is just all sorts of wrong.
    book spoiler: (SPOILER) yes, but wasnt it Coin who ordered the bomb attack, even though the children (and prim) were down there? making it 'colletaral damage'?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, yeah. But I don't think that was an intentional casualty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I read all three books in three days and have found your assessments to be accurate, thank you friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

(SPOILER)Actually it's specifically stated that Coin did it to utterly break Katniss so as to prevent her challenging her leadership. Katniss also observes that there is no way someone as young as Prim would be sent to the frontlines without authorisation from someone in a very high place. It was intentional.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That may very well be. I've only read Mockingjay two times? It's been a couple years since my last re-read, though. I'd really have to go back and look.

Well, she got hers.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I hate to be that person, but...

I watched both films yesterday and thought they were... okay. Alright. Nothing special. I actually found myself getting bored at points during the second one, more so than the first. I guess I just found them a bit... predictable? I dunno, I never felt hooked and drawn in by them.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Movie of the year. They won't be able to top it with the third, which is really sad.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I seent this. It was really good. Ending was absolutely fantastic.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I hate to be that person, but...

I watched both films yesterday and thought they were... okay. Alright. Nothing special. I actually found myself getting bored at points during the second one, more so than the first. I guess I just found them a bit... predictable? I dunno, I never felt hooked and drawn in by them.
    Have you read the books? It will be pretty predictable if you already know what happens...