Thread: Favorite JRPG Ballad

Default Favorite JRPG Ballad

You know, those soft, lovey-dovey themes like "Eyes On Me" in Final Fantasy VIII or Melodies of Life in Final FantasY IX.

Which Japanese role-playing game had the most beautiful one? It could be te singer, the lyrics, the melody or hell, maybe all three. As long as you thought it was amazingly sweet and touching.

I think ballads have a special place in my heart ever since I completed FFIX so many years ago. That ending was absolutely perfect and hearing such a gorgeous piece over the cedits just made me feel like "yep. You done good."

Nevertheless, I think I'm gonna have to give it to Xenogears.

But how about you all?

Articles
    Blog Entries

My Hands!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I know a lot of songs from Japanese role-playing games in multiple languages. I often come back to Eyes on Me due to this site being the namesake of it.

I contemplated releasing my own version of the song to commemorate the anniversary of this site, but I never followed through with it mainly due to the fact that I am not a musician and I would offer very little to the song other than the fact that you get to hear a man singing it rather than a woman. Also, the line "I'm more than the dress and the voice" sounds a bit off coming from a man.
    I believe in the power of humanity.