This isn't a thread to debate if this game is better or worse than OoT or LttP or whatever you guys are talking about so if that's what you have come here to say you can just

DISCUSS THE AWESOME GAME OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK

Why it is so awesome:
-I hate having time limits imposed, but it worked well with this game.

-Because of the 3 days, the NPCs had their own routine and the routine's would change depending on your actions. I can't tell you how many times I just stalked the NPCs and documented their daily routines. Because I'm crazy like that. The NPCs ere relateable in a way I haven't found in many other RPGs.

-It's surprisingly upbeat and sad at the same time. It's got the lighthearted music (in some cases) colorful areas, bubbly characters. You go around saving people and in some cases in such a drastic way (like clearing the snow for the Goron's, it's spring, it's beautiful) that you can't help but feel good. But then it occurs to you that when you save one place, you neglect the others. The Goron's freeze to death, the little girl gets eaten, the monkey gets burned alive, Anju and Kafei's wedding fails, etc.

-Because it had the darker undertones, the game felt deep and engaging. I enjoyed the story, it kept me interested and wanting to see and play more.

-While the game itself if you just do the necessary parts was pretty short, they added in more sidequests than you can shake a stick at. I like me some sidequests.

-The masks. I liked how they did different things, ranging from useful to who are we kidding, it's just funny to wear that on your head. Also the transformation masks. It brought a different element to the series. I especially loved playing as a Zora.

-http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-mask-creepypasta-ben-drowned obviously fake but it scared me more than a lot of horror movies to date, and I've taken a long hiatus from my current playthough because when I play I can't get this out of my head o.o.

-A lot of interesting fan theories on the game, if you care to read them. Look some up sometime.