Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anime

Whenever I have a giant list of recommended anime to watch I always look up an AMV or two from the anime and watch it. I'm the type that doesn't mind vague spoilers 95% of the time and if I see something epic or if it looks like someone gets a badass powers or something important dies and it has a giant impact on everyone else it just gets me pumped up and excited to watch. I don't know who that is or what is happening but it looks amazing so - gimme!

I already know the anime I'm watching has some dark twists and turns but that just makes me drink it in all the more.

PS: Diebuster is another fun and great anime. Very mech and space and fighting aliens but ..... in a unique way, imho. Plus, Nono is amazing.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Best to watch Gunbuster too if you're gonna watch Diebuster. In the order of Gunbuster->Diebuster.

True and Gunbuster is a pretty short series (was it six or seven episodes?) too and well worth watching as well.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Articles
    Blog Entries

So what are some other posters' favorite anime series? Can't have too big of a to-watch-list, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    So what are some other posters' favorite anime series? Can't have too big of a to-watch-list, right?
    Bahahahaha. Click my sig.

Trigun is still better than Cowboy Bebop.

Articles
    Blog Entries

NANA is difficult to describe... I've only seen the first 7 episodes so far and it feels like it could either turn out really good or really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Trigun is still better than Cowboy Bebop.
    *nods mischievously* I wish it had gone on longer (also GetBackers), I read Trigun Maximum to get a feel for how the anime would have gone had it continued. It was pretty good. I've never been able to find GB in manga form but I have read in-depth wikis and god how I wish that show would have continued.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I just watched Saint Oniisan/Saint Young Men ... it was kind of weird, interesting, and silly.

And results in cute anime Jesus and Buddha gifs.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I adore berserk. I always say that the golden arc is one of the most beautifully screwed up and morbid tragedies ever. I love almost everything about it, except for how much the anime screws things up and leaves insanely important events out.

Also, if you cant tell from my avatar... GinTama. It's my go-to show for when I'm in a bad mood. This show never fails to cheer me up, and the writing, while childish... is also very maturely written and surprisingly respectful to everyone its making fun of. It just has a sort of endearing charm about it that makes it an absolute joy to watch.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I am currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh GX, i really like the main character, headstrong and fun. I really like the series

I also liked GX. It gets a bum rap just because it doesn't take itself super seriously like the original.

At least Asuka/Alexis is hot. Tea/Anzu was unbelievably unappealing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post
    Point taken.

Although I was more shocked at the amount of entries in your "On Hold" list. I always finish what I start because I never feel like I could honestly judge a series without having seen it in its entirety. That and most shows I watch are recommendations and I usually trust other people's tastes :P

...I will finish Gantz someday.

@TrollHunter You got me interested in GinTama, but I don't quite get the structure of the series. There's GinTama, GinTama' and GinTama' (2012). Is it a cohesive chronological story or is the (2012) series a remake? What about the movie?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Point taken.

Although I was more shocked at the amount of entries in your "On Hold" list. I always finish what I start because I never feel like I could honestly judge a series without having seen it in its entirety. That and most shows I watch are recommendations and I usually trust other people's tastes :P

...I will finish Gantz someday.

@TrollHunter You got me interested in GinTama, but I don't quite get the structure of the series. There's GinTama, GinTama' and GinTama' (2012). Is it a cohesive chronological story or is the (2012) series a remake? What about the movie?
    Yeah, I was confused about that as well. Gintama is the one to watch first (this is the one I'm still watching), then Gintama' and then Gintama' 2012.
    Let me warn you about some things in this show though.
    A) It's basically a show of filler. There is a story, and there are occasional arcs (that are extremely impressive) but for the most part the show is a comedy based filler show... but the filler is done well.
    B) The anime also takes a bit to really get going good and funny. Give it a decent number of episodes where you meet more of the characters and it really starts to shine.
    C) Episode 1 and 2 should probably be avoided because they are merely used to show you all the characters you'll eventually meet... and as such the writing is a bit rushed and pretty unfunny. Start with episode 3 as its the official beginning to the story and the manga.

This anime shines in its use of humor as it also uses it to set you up for more intense and gloomy scenes. Many of the jokes get lost in translation though as they are riffs on Japanese lifestyle. Watching it on chrunchyroll helps a lot though. In the end this is not the anime to watch if you want a constantly moving story. There is a story, and it is really good... but it is not the main focus by any stretch of the imagination.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Point taken.

My On-Hold list is things I no longer have access to, or I started to watch and got distracted by something else and haven't watched an ep in years, or I didn't particularly care for, but since I don't drop things I'll finish them eventually.