Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Benchmark for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with Character Creation

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default New Benchmark for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with Character Creation

With the release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn imminently approaching mere weeks away, prospective players may be wondering how their computer will fare with the MMO with all of the changes made since the last benchmark. Well your curiosity can be sated: the Square-Enix development team has released a brand new official benchmark.

You can download the new benchmark program at the following links:
    -Benchmark for NA players
    -Benchmark for EU players

The benchmark program involves the playing of a cutscene, where the program will analyze how your computer is handling the scenes, and then gives out a final performance score. The scoring system is similar to the last benchmark, with a score under 1000 meaning your computer is insufficient to run FFXIV, and over 9000 7000 meaning you are easily capable of running to game at max settings. A recommended score to run the game at the default settings is between 2000-2499, but lower scores above 1000 will still be able to run the game on lower settings. You can lower or raise the settings in the benchmark program to see how your computer will handle it.

benchmark score.png
    What is your benchmark score?

But wait, there’s more!

The benchmark software also includes FFXIV’s character creation program. You can import character data from the beta, or create whole new characters. You can then customize your characters just like you will be able to for the actual game. The new character data you create can then be saved for later use in the full version of A Realm Reborn!

benchmark data.png
    Save your character data for use in the actual game!

So what is your new benchmark score? And more importantly, what silly characters are you creating due to beta withdrawal?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

It's a shame the only class in the Benchmark is Paladin. I want to see what the levelling gear looked like for other classes and jobs

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, it would be more potential for entertainment if you could see all the different artifact armors. But maybe they're still tweaking them for other classes, or at least not finished implementing them into the character creation tool.

Yeah, I was really hoping we'd get to see all the other artifact armor. It would have helped me decide between Lalafel and Roegadyn.

Also, my benchmark score is 8435 on maximum at 1920 X 1080.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

My Character:

cc-miquote.jpg

Scores:

Resolution: 1920x1080
    Settings: Standard (Desktop)
    Score: 7819

I got lower scores and framerates at the higher settings but I'm okay with that!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wait, has Phase 4 started?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Nope, just there is a character creation tool in the benchmark.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Players datamined the crap out of this benchmark already, and it's revealed some pretty interesting stuff. All of arcanist/scholar/summoner's skills have been revealed as well as some significant changes to existing abilities for other classes/jobs. A compiled list of all these changes and updates can be found on reddit.

There was a lot of re-balancing of the classes. MNK got nerfed a bit in the base potency of their abilities, but it now has MRD as a class for cross-class-skills instead of GLD, which offers a bit more in the way of useful damage abilities. Similarly, DRG lost ARC and gained MRD. This should put both MNK and DRG on equal footing (DRG was a clear favorite because of how powerful combinations of some of the ARC abilities with LNC/DRG abilities were). CNJ/WHM also got a buff across the board with the potency of all of their healing spells, which is nice.

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn (FFXIV ARR) Database has also updated with new weapons. Most notable additions are the Allagan weapons and armor, which are presumably drops from Bahamut. They are now among the most powerful weapons and armor in the game (item level 90). Relic weapons have been readjusted to item level 80, but +1 versions (item level 90) have been revealed, as well as +1 versions of artifact armor.

Edit: It's worth noting that SE has been running around with C&D orders having sites take down data mined from the benchmark. Consequently, XIVDB has rolled back to phase 3 data. Kind of a bummer, but it'll all be back up as soon as phase four rolls around anyway.

FFXIV Character

Varnis Arisato (Gungnir)

Score:7858
    Average Framerate:65.963
    Performance:Extremely High
    -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
    Screen Mode: Full Screen
    Graphics Presets: Maximum

Blog Entries

My computer pretty much exploded when I tried to run the benchmark cutscenes, but I had a lot of fun designing different characters. :P I attached all of their mugshots as a crappily-made collage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Playing around with other hair styles for my Roegadyn...

What looks best?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

I like the one on the right most.

Thanks, me too! Done deal. These are my characters for the game, my Lalafel will be me 1.0 Legacy character and my Roe will be a brand new character! I'm excited!

Last edited by Rostum; 08-12-2013 at 05:34 AM.

FFXIV Character

Raine Zenyphael (Sargatanas)

Hah I played around a lot with character creation..so much fun
    Here are my best results:
    First one will be my new character, second one probably my alt, and one the third one I tried to create myself..just a lot cuter ^^

compilation.jpg
    And here are my male characters!

compilation_males.jpg

Which ones do you like best?

Edit: Okay for some reason there is a huge picture of Raine attached. Can somebody help me removing it? xD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~ Have no fear, dungeon hero X is here! Kupo! ~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm downloading this to run now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.