Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The EoFF Guardian Force Adoption Program!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The EoFF Guardian Force Adoption Program!

Welcome to the EoFF Guardian Force Adoption Program!

What is the Adoption Program?
    It is a program to help integrate the newbies to the Eyes on Final Fantasy community! We realize it can be intimidating or even confusing to join a new community, so we're here to help!

How does it work?
    It's pretty simple. Below, I have a list of volunteer GF's ("Guardian Forces") who would like to help make your experiences at EoFF as fun and pleasant as possible! We want to make sure you get the most out of your time posting. All you have to do, as a newbie, is read their biographies and decide who's the best match for you.

How will my GF help me?
    Once you have selected your GF, they will contact you via Mognet (our private messaging system) and introduce themselves. Both of you can then keep contact via Mognet, Visitor Message, the chat room, or any other method of communication that fits you both.
    They will introduce you to the ups and downs of the forum, how things work, how to get involved (if you want to) and even introduce you to other members, to help you make some new friends! If you have any questions about the forum, that's what they're there for. Since this is on a voluntary basis, you can be sure that the GF's are excited to help you!

*Remember, this is voluntary on both parts. If you don't feel comfortable with a GF, there is no obligation. This is to make you feel welcome, we don't want to make you feel forced.

Posting in this thread.
    Posting in this thread is only for the purpose of picking your GF. The GF can confirm in this thread that they have adopted you. Other discussion should take place between the GF and the adopted outside of this thread, to avoid clutter.

A message to GF's and those wanting to be a GF
    *If any GF chooses to resign from their position, please PM me. We are currently at full capacity, but if you want to volunteer as a backup, send me a quick personal bio, an EoFF bio, and the name of the GF you would like to be. If/when we need more due to resignation and/or pick up a lot of new members, I will add you to the list of GF's.

So without further ado, let me introduce our GF's! Read their bio's and decide who would be a right match for you!

Siren! Member name: Tifa's Boobs

My name is Sam, I'm 22, and I've been a member since March 2012. I'm proof that you don't need to be a long-time member to integrate yourself into the community and make friends! I'm currently running an event called Eyes on You, which is a Q&A to get to know members better, as well as making the attempt to get the EoFF Book Club off the ground. I've also participated in a number of events, most notably the EoFF Elections and a posting competitions to win a poster given to us by Square Enix themselves!

Some of my favourite things are Indian food, Doctor Who, trolling Shorty, singing, reading, hanging out with my boyfriend, Netflix marathons, boating on my favourite lake, and posting on EoFF of course!

Doomtrain! Member name: Shauna

Hey! I'm Shauna, 22 (not for too much longer though ) and I have been a member for a number of years now, first joining back in 2005. I don't tend to run too many events, but I always like to get involved in whatever is being run by the many great members of EoFF. I can often be found idling away in the chatroom, which is where I spend a lot of my online time.

In my free time, when I'm not slaving away at work or out pretending to be a social butterfly, I play too many video games, watch too much anime, watch too much TV, and watch too many movies. Also I watch the hell out of classic Disney animated movies. And their awful sequels.

Bahamut! Member name: Goldenboko

Hey everyone! I'm Goldenboko, my forum nickname is GoBo (although I'm sometimes referred to as GB as well) and my actual name is Dan! You'll come to learn I share a name with too much of the forum. I've been here for quite a while *peeks at profile* seven years in fact! I've hosted or been a part of sooooooo many events I probably couldn't list them without making this introduction too long, so I'll just say my favorite is mafia! The Developer and Editor ranks on my profile mean I currently hold a position on our Staff here, feel free to ask me anything about the purpose of any of the roles/titles at EoFF (Eyes On Final Fntasy), regardless if they are staff titles or not! Other than that I'm a computer engineer by real life trade and I'm quite friendly so gimmie a shout!

Alexander! Member name: Formalhaut
    Hello! I'm Formalhaut, but everyone just calls me Formy - or Foamy, or Formuloohoo, or some variation on that. Create your own nickname for me today! In real life, I'm actually called Jordan and I'm a student who is hoping to traverse the big scary world of university this year. When not considering my future life for the next three years, I obviously enjoy the Final Fantasy series, but did you know I have a penchant for Pokemon as well? Indeed! Other assorted interests include Game of Thrones, being kind and generally trying to be a agreeable person. Sure beats the alternative.

But don't let my join date fool you! While it says that I joined in 2007, that was another person impersonating me; or at least, that's what I tell myself. No, I left only two years later from that date, but I returned in September 2012, and since then I've never looked back! Indeed, another bite of the cherry so to speak. And damn did I go for more. You may also be wondering what this weird yellow title above my name means, and in essence it just means that the collective staff of our community deemed me hard-working enough to be given it. It's more a badge of pride than anything else: I'm still a a regular ol' member, just with a fancy title.

Don't worry if you're still confused as to who I am (who doesn't?), I'm rather active on the forums and in #eoff and I'm always willing to give a helping hand and answer any queries you may have. Unless it's staff related, in which case, go seek one of them. I suppose I'll be seeing you around then! Hope you have an amazing experience here at Eyes on Final Fantasy!

Ifrit! Member name: Cim
    I'm Cim, also known by various, fantastic Cim puns. I joined in 2006, but I had been lurking since early 2005. I've taken part in a few Election events, both Triple Triad Tournaments and have contributed small bits to various elements of the front site. I work in the computer repair business while I finish up my degrees in Information Technology and Computer Technology. I'm an avid runner and on average run 16-20 miles a week. I'm furiously in love with all of the main series Final Fantasy (excluding XIII) and am slowly working towards completion of all of them.

Shiva! Member name: Shorty

Hi there! I'm Shorty, aka Moonflower Starchild, and I've been a registered member here for nearly twelve years. My posting history includes years of sporadic activity to jumping to one of the current consistent top posters of the past ~year and a half. I was made a Cid's Knight last August as a result of a competition event and as such I peruse the forums in handing out justice like it's going out of style. Simply put, I help moderate our forums as part of the staff here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. If you ever have any questions or need guidance on rules, I would be happy to answer any question you might have.

I love events! We hold many throughout the year and they're a great way to get involved with the community, get to know your fellow EoFFers and engage pleasant competitive rivalries. You'll most often find community events posted in General Chat, but if they're more game-centered they may be found here in Wonder Square and if they're more Final Fantasy-based, you can find them in the lower Final Fantasy forums.

As for personal details, I live on the skirts of the beautiful Northwest United States with my two cats and dog, who is my light of my life! I love animals and nature. Most of all, though, I love the sea and all of its inhabitants. Cephalopods fascinate me more than any other creature and I adore them so much that I decided to get tattoos of some! I prefer rain to shine, dark to light, strange to normalcy. Teal is my favorite color, foxes are my favorite animal and if you want to make my day, you can explode my profile with gifs of 30 Rock or Parks and Rec. Lastly, I am a self-proclaimed cinephile who loves old black and white films - specifically film noir, monster movies and horror films. Admittedly, though, I haven't seen as many as I would like.

I look forward to getting to know you!

If you have any questions, feel free to Mognet me, shion, and I'll be happy to help!
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-02-2013 at 06:34 PM.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Woooo! I'm going to adopt the trout out of someone.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hurray!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and adopt ALL the kids ur I mean newbies.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I'm going to be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and adopt ALL the kids ur I mean newbies.
    You can only adopt the brown ones, 'cause that's what's posh.

FFXIV Character

WHERE ARE ALL THE NEWBIES?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Patients guys.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, shion, newbies. Silly. If we call them patients, they might not stick around!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

PATIENCE DARN IT PATIENCE

Not a Freudian slip or anything >.>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    No, shion, newbies. Silly. If we call them patients, they might not stick around!
    If they're patients before setting foot in EoFF then us lot must be the mentally deranged. BoB is probably drooling in a cup.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, no, my dear Formy, BoB isn't a patient here. He's one of the administrators.

(SPOILER)

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I dunno. I think EoFF is his mental hospital and he's a lifetimer.

*wanders in*

>.>

<.<

<.>

*wanders back out*

...Nah, I keed! Adopt me if you would like to!
    [You spit on mercy? Then you will have none! You want carnage?!]

[Garrosh will get more blood than EVER he bargained for!]

FFXIV Character

Is there a specific individual you would like to abduct adopt you C:

I'mma say Formy as he offered to adopt me in my welcome thread. :3
    [You spit on mercy? Then you will have none! You want carnage?!]

[Garrosh will get more blood than EVER he bargained for!]