Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful Drivers

Blog Entries

Default Awful Drivers

As a new driver, I've become more aware of just how awful people drive around here. I know Jersey drivers have a bad rep but they seriously deserve it. Today I witnessed a car stopped for the ENTIRE length of the green light because the driver was looking at her phone. I couldn't believe how that even happened. Stupidity. I've also been a witness to people randomly stopping in the middle of the road or slowing to a crawl for no visible reason. And getting cut off by people making a turn? Happens all. the. time.

How are drivers where you are?
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Blog Entries

A lot of horrible drivers who seem to have been given a license without knowing what road signs and common courtesy are, especially in the public transport sector. I saw a driver stop in the MIDDLE of an intersection then moving on only to block the lane on green, pretty much causing havoc for a couple of minutes. And I have no idea how they could squeeze into every space they find only to find that you only have less than 5 inches to spare on both sides of the car.

Terrible, really. :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen lots of awful drivers and some of them are just being dumb and rude so I get angry at them.

I overall try not to be too hard on people because we all make mistakes and I know how to drive and I've seen people who are above average drivers screw up occasionally (going through a red light, cutting someone off by accident, etc) and I know that when I have screwed up it was unintentional. So I try not to automatically assume the worse. If the person makes a mistake and acts like a jerk about it or they repeatedly do the same stupid stuff, then I get pretty upset.

One guy, back when I had to drive home from college at 10 at night, he was visibly drunk. He was ALL OVER the lanes and during red lights he would go to the middle of the intersection. Stop. Back up, and then slowly drift back into the intersection. It's a good thing there was barely any traffic. I got away from that driver asap.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The drivers in Coeur d'Alene are a thousand times better than the drivers in Phoenix. I don't think I've ever gone so long without popping off at other drivers before.

San Francisco was okay. Not really too many assholes in the peninsula where I lived, just too much traffic.

Blog Entries

Nashville is notorious for horrible drivers. I'm sure Tennessee in general is.

Clarksville though... Omg. Hoorendous.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Truly bad drivers are pretty rare considering how many smurfing cars are on the road all the time here. Plenty of people don't use their turn signals though and that pisses me off.

Blog Entries

They are terrible here as well.

Extremely common behaviours here are:

- Approaching a junction into a busy road at about 500MPH, realising "gosh, that road has traffic on it" as if they somehow didn't expect it and screeching to a halt, sticking out half way

- Creeping forward at junctions, also until they end up sticking out half way

- People coming from the other direction barging their way through when there's only room for one car due to parked cars on their side of the road (despite the traffic rules here and in pretty much any other country being "if the obstacle is on your side of the road, you are the one who has to wait, because otherwise you'd have to drive on the wrong side of the road when there's traffic trying to use it and that's kind of stupid")

- Glaring at you and sometimes yelling through the window when they fail at the above barging and all you were doing was minding your own business driving along your own side of the road instead of stopping to wave them through

- Driving about 0.01mm from your rear bumper
    - Related: Doing this despite the fact you're clearly looking for a space to parallel park, you indicated in decent time, stopped in front of a space, popped it into reverse and... oh thanks buddy you stopped right behind me and now I don't have room to park!

- Brake, think, turn, indicate

Blog Entries

Don't forget putting the turn signals on...as they make the turn. Grr. And tailgating you when you're going 5 over the speed limit.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen my share of awful drivers pretty much everywhere.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    - Brake, think, turn, indicate

This. Pennsylvanian drivers are especially bad at this, and it's ruining my breaks, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Nashville is notorious for horrible drivers. I'm sure Tennessee in general is.
    As a North Carolinian yes. Horrible drivers from Tennessee.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Ha, perfect timing on this because someone just ran in to my mom's new car (that she has had a week) as we were coming back from the water park. Apparently he "wasn't paying attention" and then "oh I was looking forward" as he just drifted in to our lane and rammed the side of our car. -_-

Fortunately we weren't on the highway or anything, so the damage was minimal. BUT STILL. He was probably texting, or just very bad at changing lanes/signaling - BAD AT DRIVING. PERIOD.

/endrage

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    The drivers in Coeur d'Alene are a thousand times better than the drivers in Phoenix.
    Or they were until you moved there, at least.

Perth is not very populated so the traffic isn't so bad. The drivers are mostly fine apart from the occasional bogan who will ride right on the ass of your car because you're not going 15k's over the speed limit like they want you to.

I think drivers are getting way worse because the "rush" mentality but, apparently, going really ssssssssllllllllooooooooww in town is the new thing....I don't care if people go over the limit by 10 but at least drive 50 in a 50 zone........

Then there are those people who go 60-70 on a highway, 80-90 in town..........Then the one green light in the center of the town doesn't last very long and people take forever just to go through it........

And some person ran into me before while I was walking. He was at a stop sign, it was night but there was light all around so there's no way he couldn't have seen me....he walked out of his vehicle with a cigarette in his mouth........

Also, you don't need be "nice" all the time, take your right of way because when other people are behind you you just slow them down and delay traffic, and possibly cause confusion.

:monster:

There are a lot of old people in Florida, and there are a lot of smurfing terrible drivers here. I'm pretty sure this isn't coincidental.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)