Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Let's Play Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Formalhaut took one of the best games in the series for his Let's Play, so I'll go ahead and take the other. This is the amazing adventure for the Gamecube known as Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. For those of you who are unaware, it is a sequel to the earlier Gamecube game, Pokémon Colloseum (making it one of the very few direct sequels in the franchise). However, you don't really need to play Colloseum first, the game will explain pretty much everything.

Unfortunately, emulating from the Gamecube is a royal pain in the butt, and screenshots only work half the time, seemingly at random. But, I have savestates. It just means progress will probably be slow, since I'll have to do some sections several times over.

So, we start off our new adventure by naming our character.
    Axel.jpg
    Got it memorized?

And with our avatar decided, we get our entry into the world.

Hello, my name is Oak, I'm a-
    Libra.jpg

Ya! Ok, so instead of a Pokémon Professor, we get the SS Lensflare. Brought to you by J.J.Abrams.

Copters.jpg

Which is quickly attacked by an army of Shinra helicopters.

XD-001.jpg

Followed by one of the most awesome Pokémon in existence.

Lonely Crew.jpg

You know, I should be impressed that a single Pokémon could lift an entire cruise liner. But it's a little overwhelmed by the fact that said cruise liner only had two people on the entire boat. Who, without lifeboats or any form of rescue, probably won't live long in those Sharpedo-infested waters.

But, with that video out of the way, it's time to actually get into the action.

Starter.jpg

Beginning with the BEST STARTER EVER! Granted, my rival apparently gets a Metagross, which I'd honestly prefer, but still.

Good thing Metagross can't learn Ice Punch until the next generation, or I'd be frelled. As it is, two Earthquakes wins my first battle! Woohoo!

And, since six screenshots is the limit per post, apparently, I'll leave you all with this stunning intro and try to get back to this tomorrow, when you all have a chance to absorb all that awesome.

I'll be taking nickname recommendations as well (normally I just use Pokémon names made lowercase, so it'll be a nice change to have actual nicknames). Feel free to sign up!
    Last edited by Skyblade; 08-07-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.