Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking bad - Final Season (Contains aired episode spoilers)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Pretty exciting stuff!

The Star Trek conversation had me in stitches. xD

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

(SPOILER)A great quasi-premiere that lays everything out so we no longer have to wonder what and how the characters will become privy to the information we already have. Everything was great: The scenes with Carol, Skyler getting ready to break some kneecaps at the carwash, Jesse losing his trout once again and going all Paperboy about it - and of course, the chilling, weighted lines of dialogue doled out in a closed garage.

I think my ideal ending is for everyone except Walt to get killed, and then twenty years later Kaylee Ehrmantraut turns up and shoots him in the goddamn face.

Everyone ?
    Like... "everyone" everyone ?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Great episode. Possibly one of the best ever. Very uncharacteristic of this show to move things along so quickly. I didn't expect any confrontation for at least 3 episodes.

Seeing Walt slowly go from 'the family man' to Heisenberg in that last scene was amazing. He tested his footing on each level until finally reaching the bottom when he realized it none of it would convince Hank.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

This link contains some interesting speculation about what may be foreshadowed in the show, but if the speculation is true it constitutes some pretty major spoilers. Read at your own peril!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You can even see Bones saying "He's dead, Jim."

Default th

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    This link contains some interesting speculation about what may be foreshadowed in the show, but if the speculation is true it constitutes some pretty major spoilers. Read at your own peril!
    It does bring up some interesting speculation, and I think they've got some of it right, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and I think the community is getting a little out of hand with claims of foreshadowing.

For example:

He also left $100 bill to the Denny’s waitress, which parallels Jesse’s sudden freedom with money.
    I don't see this at all. Jesse's sudden "freedom with money" comes from the immense guilt he's feeling at holding onto the "blood money". He doesn't want it and he's trying to get rid of it any way he can because it eats him up inside. Walt, on the other hand, seems to be doing it in the spirit of a man who knows he's about to make a final stand and has no use for the absurd sum of money he has. In this way I feel like some BB fans are overlooking what was actually meant here, blinded by the idea that everything in the show is foreshadowing for the end.

And obviously Gilligan and Co. have a hard-on for color coordination, but just because that kid's wearing a yellow shirt doesn't suddenly mean he's dead.

Articles

Yeah, they definitely get out of hand with it. The major points seem pretty credible, though.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So after watching Season 5 Episode 9 I have a few speculations.

(SPOILER) First, I believe Walt will not get murdered like I had originally believed. I think him dying is too easy of a climax. Obviously Hank now knows his real identity, and going by the Heisenberg graffiti other people do too. Yet, if he's on the run from the law, why didn't the lady run and call the police as soon as she saw him? Either way he killed her according the oranges theory. The Cancer may return, but going by the flash forwards it's most likely still in remission since he has hair so I ruled out that killing him for now.

And yeah Skylar and Jesse are most likely dead. I don't think Walt will kill Jesse, I think Jesse will kill himself. I actually imagined that Walt would still probably talk to his corpse. Yes, twisted I know. Jesse is to Walt like Max was to Gus just without the homosexuality.

Hank might die, but I don't think Hank will die at the hand's of Walt especially now that Hank suspects him as Heisenberg. He hasn't told anyone yet, but that doesn't mean it still can't be incriminating. Lydia is definitely going to be the worse problem for Walt as she knows a lot and is skittish enough to do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I don't see this at all. Jesse's sudden "freedom with money" comes from the immense guilt he's feeling at holding onto the "blood money". He doesn't want it and he's trying to get rid of it any way he can because it eats him up inside. Walt, on the other hand, seems to be doing it in the spirit of a man who knows he's about to make a final stand and has no use for the absurd sum of money he has. In this way I feel like some BB fans are overlooking what was actually meant here, blinded by the idea that everything in the show is foreshadowing for the end.
    This is definitely something I can believe as Walt is a sociopath and doesn't have the emotional guilt that normal humans like Jesse feel.

And obviously Gilligan and Co. have a hard-on for color coordination, but just because that kid's wearing a yellow shirt doesn't suddenly mean he's dead.
    I definitely agree with this too. Skylar always wears green or gray. Marie always wears purple. Jesse wore a lot of red and yellow, and now just black as he's mourning or something. Look up color psychology in film. Yellow has nothing to do with death. Many of the characters who have died never wore yellow anyway. Yellow has to do with a person being "hard to look at or deal with" or "anxiety". Walt wore pale green a lot in the first season when he was very sick and pale green refers to illness. Many villains wear yellow in film and television interestingly enough...

more on this...Most interestingly Walt used wear his gold jacket a lot opposed to him now more commonly wearing his black jacket which Mike also wore. Villains wear black and heroes wear gold. We saw Walt go from what we thought was a person trying to get money for his family, to a person filled with embitterment, pride, and selfish greed. Then in Episode 9 where he claims to have left it all, he's wearing gold again. Interesting :/

And now I am just realizing that Skylar is tall as smurf.
    Last edited by Shiny; 08-15-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: hold on have to add some shiz

Some dude on reddit brought up this possibility... would be the biggest holy trout moment of the entire show:

Quote Originally Posted by Some dude on reddit
    Wouldn't it be ironic that we find out that [Walt Jr.] has been smoking meth with Lewis this entire season? I see it possible because we (and the characters) have been more focused on Walter and Hank situation and how that will play out, and less focused on the lack of attention being paid to Walt Jr. A great twist would be for Walt Jr. to OD on Heisenbergs product, driving the family apart causing Skylar to leave Walt (hence the flash forward to a disheveled Walt). To address the theory of Walt killing Skylar, I think Walt making his age in his breakfast is a misdirect (not that he kills/killed Skylar) but that he misses her so much, after she leaves him because of his meth being the cause of Walt Jr's death. Just a cool twist that I haven't read yet, so I figured I'd share it.
    he has been suspiciously absent the past few episodes...

Jesse hasn't said a word in 2 episodes. Can't wait to see if he'll team up with Hank

Note true. He had quite a few lines in "Blood Money" when he was trying to have Saul send the money to Kaylee Erhmantraut, and again when Walt came over to try and get him on his side. This past episode though, yeah.

I think it's pretty clear that he's going to team up with Hank, even though he despises him. Hank just needs one piece of evidence to expose Walt's lies (Jane's death, Brock's poisoning, Mike's death) to get him on his side. Though the way Jesse was acting towards Walt in "Blood Money" leads me to believe that he's already pretty sure Walt killed Mike.

Oh yeah, he did speak in the 9th episode. Totally forgot.

Btw, Mike is in Belize.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bye Jessie, nice knowing ya.

Also where the flip is the baby?

With Junior in the car I guess.

Best plot device they've ever used making Hank Heisenberg hahaha. That was priceless