Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking bad - Final Season (Contains aired episode spoilers)

Man, that was heavy. Very well done. Yeah, the phone call home was heartbreaking. Probably the last time he'll ever talk to his wife. Probably the last time he'll see either of his children. The whole series has been giving us Heisenberg pretending to be Walter White. We finally saw it go in the other direction.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    shiny,

that entire speech over the phone was because he knew the phone was being tapped and he wanted to clear any blame from skyler.
    Yeah I know that. This was evident. He's still a dick.

Hank and Jesse the only an heroes. And Flynn now too.

These Neo-Nazi people need to go. I think the only redeeming thing Walt can do at this point is kill or frame them which is inevitably going to happen anyway.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    The whole series has been giving us Heisenberg pretending to be Walter White. We finally saw it go in the other direction.
    honestly some of the stuff you say about this show is the best stuff on the net sometimes
    great work

I bet you Jessie survives till the end. Walt goes to kill the Nazi's using either the ricin or the machine gun and succeeds but probably gets wounded. But then Jessie comes out from hiding and ends Walt. Just you see. Perhaps the ricin is instead for Jessie and in the end they both die.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What a heavy episode. Poor Hank.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I thought it was pretty weird how he took Holly to teach Skylar a lesson. Wtf??? You mean the person who was on your side who could have ratted you out at any time...how about YOU be grateful mother smurfer. smurfing Walt.
    I think you misread both the taking of the baby and the vitriol that Walt was spewing on the phone.

He took Holly because he was in agony over the dissolution of his family and Holly was the one person left who was still family and didn't hate his guts. And all the stuff about how Skyler needed to be grateful for everything HE has done and following his directions exactly and not toeing the line was to absolve her of her participation because of course he knew the police were listening. It was the last bit of kindness he could do for her. And his face at the end of the phone conversation... god damn, he knew it was probably the last things he would ever say to her.

Heartbreaking episode. Seriously, I can't even handle it. Most depressing show in the history of forever? I think yes.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, as soon as he asked if there were any police listening I knew he would be coming up with another one of his 'stories' since he's smart enough to know there was no chance of the police not listening.

And the taking of Holly was clearly because she was his only remaining family that didn't see him as a monster. He thought better of it eventually.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

:monster:

How about that bookend effect the scene in the cold open provides?

Walt is discussing Holly on the phone, except this is a happy conversation and the main concerns are pizza and naming their child.

Flash forward 20 months and Walt is again having a conversation on the phone with Skyler about Holly. However this is a very different, darker conversation. As its been said, this is his goodbye and really the only good deed he has left to do for his family.

This show fascinates me.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Walt is discussing Holly on the phone, except this is a happy conversation and the main concerns are pizza and naming their child.

Flash forward 20 months and Walt is again having a conversation on the phone with Skyler about Holly. However this is a very different, darker conversation. As its been said, this is his goodbye and really the only good deed he has left to do for his family.
    And in both cases it's Walt spinning one of his many stories. Except the first scene is him stumbling along in his lie and it's kind of cute. The 2nd conversation is him being monstrously convincing. Although I do choose to believe that Skyler understood what he was doing at the end.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME TEAR UP AGAIN.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Although I do choose to believe that Skyler understood what he was doing at the end.
    she absolutely did. you can tell by her face.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME TEAR UP AGAIN.
    Time to cheer up!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

So, in my opinion, Walt is entirely evil, except when it comes to his family. I expect soon we will see why he was kicked out of his multibillion company.

Jesse seems like he would have gone straight, but every time he tries, Walt ruins his life a little more.

I don't understand why Walt said what he did to Jesse in this last episode. He was too scared to help her when that happened. Does he want Jesse to hate him?

I'm so excited for the end!!!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    So, in my opinion, Walt is entirely evil, except when it comes to his family. I expect soon we will see why he was kicked out of his multibillion company.

Jesse seems like he would have gone straight, but every time he tries, Walt ruins his life a little more.

I don't understand why Walt said what he did to Jesse in this last episode. He was too scared to help her when that happened. Does he want Jesse to hate him?

no, he wasn't scared. he let her die to remove her from jessie's life because she was a bad influence on him and was getting him into heroin. to me, that was the moment where he really began his journey to being a sith lord.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post

no, he wasn't scared. he let her die to remove her from jessie's life because she was a bad influence on him and was getting him into heroin. to me, that was the moment where he really began his journey to being a sith lord.
    That's what I thought the first time I saw it, and I think that that helped him justify it, but for the first few seconds of her vomiting (during which she got vomit in her lungs most likely) I don't think he knew what to do.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen