Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Breaking bad - Final Season (Contains aired episode spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    I expect soon we will see why he was kicked out of his multibillion company.
    Nah. There are only like 90 minutes of show left, it would be a waste of time to delve into this side-plot. If I'm wrong I owe you a beer, but I'm pretty sure on this. btw, he wasn't "kicked out". He left Gretchen for undisclosed reasons and voluntarily sold his shares for $5000.

I don't understand why Walt said what he did to Jesse in this last episode. He was too scared to help her when that happened. Does he want Jesse to hate him?
    He blames Jesse for what has just happened. If Jesse had never decided to cooperate with Hank, Hank and Gomie would still be alive and Walt would still have all of his money. He said the thing he knew would hurt Jesse the most. Obviously this is a delusional and selfish thing for Walt to believe. Vince Gilligan himself said something like "blaming Jesse for everything that has happened is akin to blaming the last guy who strikes out for losing the ball game."

Also, lol at "too scared to help her". It was a purely utilitarian and evil act.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What does Saul say to reassure his clients?

S'all good, man.

Don't mind me, just making jokes still to sky away from the fact the last episode depressed the hell out of me, and I know it is going to just get worse.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I really hope Jesse survives and makes a life for himself.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    So, in my opinion, Walt is entirely evil, except when it comes to his family. I expect soon we will see why he was kicked out of his multibillion company.

Jesse seems like he would have gone straight, but every time he tries, Walt ruins his life a little more.

I don't understand why Walt said what he did to Jesse in this last episode. He was too scared to help her when that happened. Does he want Jesse to hate him?

I'm so excited for the end!!!
    no, he wasn't scared. he let her die to remove her from jessie's life because she was a bad influence on him and was getting him into heroin. to me, that was the moment where he really began his journey to being a sith lord.
    And because she was vying against him. He did it more so for his own interests than Jesse's.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Heartbreaking episode. Seriously, I can't even handle it. Most depressing show in the history of forever? I think yes.
    That still goes to Six Feet Under. Every episode began with something really depressing.

It would have been nice if they went in to what happened with Gretchen about five episodes ago, or even one season ago, but it's a minor plot point at this point.

He took Holly because he was in agony over the dissolution of his family and Holly was the one person left who was still family and didn't hate his guts. And all the stuff about how Skyler needed to be grateful for everything HE has done and following his directions exactly and not toeing the line was to absolve her of her participation because of course he knew the police were listening. It was the last bit of kindness he could do for her. And his face at the end of the phone conversation... god damn, he knew it was probably the last things he would ever say to her.

I got all of that, but that still makes him a dick for taking Holly. He's a neglectful father. Holly doesn't even know him (as much as a baby can know a person anyway) and clearly would rather be back with the parent who has been taking care of her the entire time, mummamma. And yes as I already stated pretty obvious that he knew the police were listening and I think Skylar eventually caught on with what he was saying as well, but her character is beyond pathetic at this point.

This episode was the only one that saw her making a serious stand against Walt's bulltrout and then what does she do? "I'm sorry." Yes, apologize to your abuser. I am hoping she just said that because he had Holly and she didn't want him to get angry and keep her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The reason I'm thinking they will flashback to it is to show that Walt has always been evil, he didn't just become evil because of his cancer.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

I got all of that, but that still makes him a dick for taking Holly. He's a neglectful father. Holly doesn't even know him (as much as a baby can know a person anyway) and clearly would rather be back with the parent who has been taking care of her the entire time, mummamma. And yes as I already stated pretty obvious that he knew the police were listening and I think Skylar eventually caught on with what he was saying as well, but her character is beyond pathetic at this point.

This episode was the only one that saw her making a serious stand against Walt's bulltrout and then what does she do? "I'm sorry." Yes, apologize to your abuser. I am hoping she just said that because he had Holly and she didn't want him to get angry and keep her.
    I can't help but feel like you're missing a lot of the complexities here. I don't think Skyler is a pathetic character. I think there are a lot of reasons why she acted the way she did in the phone conversation. I think desperation to try and get Holly back was one, I think playing along with the abused wife scenario that Walt was putting out there was another, I think a part of it is that she WAS put into a really bizarre domestic situation where she has feared her husband, and I also think she knew it was Walt's goodbye to her and what can you say after all the bullcrap they've been through together? I dunno, there was a lot of weight to that "I'm sorry".

I also think that Walt taking Holly was kind of the furthest thing from DICK MOVE that he's pulled in this episode, let alone in this show. Biggest Dick Move award during this episode goes to giving the go ahead for Jesse's execution and then his torture + revealing that he allowed Jane to die. Walt is a monster, how is that not clear already? He is morally bankrupt, he's delusional, he's almost psychotic in his need to be in control and show his power over others and he's a murderer. That's what makes him a fascinating character.

Also, quick interesting side note, Holly's "mamamama" was totally unscripted! The little babe just started saying that and Bryan Cranston rolled with it. Emmy for the baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie
    The reason I'm thinking they will flashback to it is to show that Walt has always been evil, he didn't just become evil because of his cancer
    The entire impetus behind this show is that we are given a man who has been knocked on his ass by life, and he decides to kick it right back in the teeth. Due to poor judgment and / or undisclosed relationship issues, he left Grey Matter. The entire reason this sub-plot was even introduced was to demonstrate how completely smurfed Walt had been by life up until this point. Cancer is the straw that breaks the camel's back. He decides to rebel. Evil happens. That's it. It would be ridiculous to go back to Grey Matter at this point. I don't count it out as a possibility completely, but if they do decide to do this, then that's just weak on their part. I have faith that the writers of this show will not include this in the last two episodes.

To do what you said would almost make the entire progression of the show for moot, and would be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Walt is a monster, how is that not clear already?
    Who is claiming otherwise, exactly?
    Last edited by I Took the Red Pill; 09-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think a part of it is that she WAS put into a really bizarre domestic situation where she has feared her husband
    Oh please. She wasn't put in to the situation. She WENT in knowingly. She had the chance to divorce him and did not once she found out he had a lot of money. She tolerated all of his manipulation and sociopathic behavior to keep the family together and keep the money, but in the end she is also evil. She'd rather frame her own brother in law and kill Jesse than to be implicated for money laundering. They're both pretty horrible people. At no point did she pick up that phone after finding out he's a drug dealer, and call the police knowing full well what danger her family could be in for deciding to walk with the devil. One of the worse things about her is that she is a coward with no balls despite her character having gumption. Hate people like her.

It's interesting that all of the characters broke bad in some way except for Flynn, Marie, and Holly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think a part of it is that she WAS put into a really bizarre domestic situation where she has feared her husband
    Oh please. She wasn't put in to the situation. She WENT in knowingly. She had the chance to divorce him and did not once she found out he had a lot of money. She tolerated all of his manipulation and sociopathic behavior to keep the family together and keep the money, but in the end she is is also evil. She'd rather frame her own brother in law and kill Jesse than to be implicated for money laundering. They're both pretty horrible people. At no point did she pick up that phone after finding out he's a drug dealer, and call the police knowing full well what danger her family could be in for deciding to walk with the devil.

It's interesting that all of the characters broke bad in some way except for Flynn, Marie, and Holly.
    Wasn't Marie a thief? Also she tried to kidnap Holly. (admittedly to save her)
    Then she made Skyler admit to Walt Jr. about Walter. That was pretty dominating.

Not sure if you're joking. Really hope you're not trying to compare shoplifting to what all of the other smurfbags in this show have been doing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Not sure if you're joking. Really hope you're not trying to compare shoplifting to what all of the other smurfbags in this show have been doing.
    I think we interpret the term Breaking Bad in different ways. I'm probably using the wrong definition.

Then she made Skyler admit to Walt Jr. about Walter. That was pretty dominating.
    As to the first part, you answered your own question.

As to the second, she was under the impression that Hank had Walt in custody. It's much better to hear the truth from your own mother and aunt than from the media frenzy that would have certainly surrounded Walt's arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie
    I think we interpret the term Breaking Bad in different ways. I'm probably using the wrong definition.
    Marie's shoplifting is something that would have existed independently of the events of the series. She shoplifted the tiara for Holly in Season 1 without any sort of inkling as to what was going on. What exacerbated her compulsion? Hank's obsession with catching Heisenberg and neglect of family life, which ultimately led to him "breaking bad", and his own death, if you want to take it that far.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh please. She wasn't put in to the situation. She WENT in knowingly. She had the chance to divorce him and did not once she found out he had a lot of money. She tolerated all of his manipulation and sociopathic behavior to keep the family together and keep the money, but in the end she is is also evil. She'd rather frame her own brother in law and kill Jesse than to be implicated for money laundering. They're both pretty horrible people. At no point did she pick up that phone after finding out he's a drug dealer, and call the police knowing full well what danger her family could be in for deciding to walk with the devil.

I see no bad in Marie wanting Walt Jr. to know the truth. He deserved to know. All my other opinions about this pretty much the same as Red Pill's.

As much as I dislike Marie, because of her pain in the ass personality and criminal mischief being a thorn in Hank's side, she is one of the most moral characters on the show.

She is doing the right thing in this last episode. She wants to stop beating around the bush and tell Walter Jr what he'll inevitably find out. His father is an evil man and will ( and has before, he just didn't know it) put him in danger.

Skyler, however, is a different story. At this point she is all but Mrs. Heisenberg.

"We've come this far. For us. What's one more?" - Skyler to Walt in 'Rabid Dog'
    She laundered his money, she is just fine with putting a hit out on Jessie and shes just fine with knowing that Walter is connected to other murders. She doesn't draw the line until Walter's actions get her sister's husband murdered by white supremacist mercenaries. Shes weak. Also, she smurfed Ted.

hahahoopsdead.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay, you've convinced me.

On a related note. I hope Todd gets shot in the head by a kid on a bike.