Thread: Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character

It's been out for a couple days now and I just tried it out, and it's really challenging, much harder than Ten Desires was. This time the gameplay is very simple, the only gimmick is in order to get extra lives or bombs, you need to constantly go to the top of the screen and collect items. I'm in love with the stage 2 boss theme.

Anybody else playing?

Blog Entries

If I wasn't too busy playing Tales of Xillia instead right now, I'd probably be playing this. So for me, this will have to wait just a little bit longer.

That said, I'm glad to see Sakuya make a comeback as a playable character. She has always been a playable fav for me, especially in PCB.

I also like the design of the new characters more than in Ten Desires from what I've seen so far.

Reached final stage on normal yet? Unlocked Extra etc?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The fourth stage has a huge difficulty spike this time around. Depending on the shot type you choose the midboss and the boss switch.

Stage 5 boss is pure evil. Her gimmick is (SPOILER)a mix of flipping around the screen and bullets that come from behind you. It makes Shous curvy lasers easy in comparison. :/

Stage 6 actually poses a threat this time. It can reach PCB stage 6 levels of bullets if you don't kill the enemies fast enough.

The boss herself (SPOILER)has another gimmick as well. She can change the size of the bullets so expect giant knives. Also she has a survival spell that makes your hitbox enormous.

No extra stage yet but I'm getting close.

Blog Entries

Cool. The greatest difficulty spikes tends to be the stage 5 bosses rather than the stage 4 ones. How high would you put the game on the difficulty scale compared to older entries? Is it harder than SA for example (I personally think SA is one of the hardest)?

Also, having your hitbox made bigger sounds like a REAL pain. =(

Oh, and who do you prefer to play as?