Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Default Who came up with Tetra Master?

Duel Monsters is to Pegasus as Tetra Master is to...?

It would have to have been created in Treno. Makes sense that it would originate where the only tournament is held. Although, it could easily have been a creation of a previous Cid; one of them created the Festival Hunt after all.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

It was obviously invented in Daguerreo by bored bookish types trying to have some fun during study hall, and it blew up when the pseudo-intellectuals from Treno caught wind of it and appropriated it for themselves, to appear more erudite. From then on, it became a thinly veiled dick-waving competition among the elite, who raised generation after generation of preadolescent competitive leagues all vying to become international grandmasters.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Tantarian did it

Someone who had no background in game theory, and no concept of fairness or balance. Someone who really likes chaos and randomness.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Guessing between-

Ipsen and or his Colin friend

A old summoner person

Lord Avon

or Garland

Garland would be hilarious " Bwa ha ha I'm going to destroy Gaia by creating a frustrating Card Game that will make you want to rage quit " ! Yeah makes sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Someone who had no background in game theory, and no concept of fairness or balance. Someone who really likes chaos and randomness.
    I thought it was someone who was tired of playing Triple Triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    I thought it was someone who was tired of playing Triple Triad.
    People who get tired of playing Triple Triad don't make new games. They go on homicidal rampages fueled by endless hours of THIS little gem.

Gosh, even pulling it up long enough to link to it is putting me on edge.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

It was invented in that place called Tifa that you only ever see on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    It was obviously invented in Daguerreo by bored bookish types trying to have some fun during study hall, and it blew up when the pseudo-intellectuals from Treno caught wind of it and appropriated it for themselves, to appear more erudite. From then on, it became a thinly veiled dick-waving competition among the elite, who raised generation after generation of preadolescent competitive leagues all vying to become international grandmasters.
    Oh gosh! That's a pretty good theory. I like that! you're my new favorite person.

Blog Entries

I feel the same goddamn way about Triple Triad.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    I feel the same goddamn way about Triple Triad.
    Yet Triple Triad is a game based in structure, mathematics, balanced design, and fairness (except for the Random rule, which is optional and everyone hates, and the positioning of elemental tiles).

Tetra Master is a game centered entirely around the RNG. Arrow positioning, card numbers, which card wins a battle... Everything about that game is random. I hesitate to even call it a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonkoTony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    Oh gosh! That's a pretty good theory. I like that! you're my new favorite person.
    You've always been my favorite.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It certainly seems like the kind of game that intellects created and then bookies and gamblers warped the system by adding in the 'random' factor. This falls in line with how intellects play games based on rules while gamblers play games that rely on luck. My guess is that it started out with "if the number is higher, you win" and then once it reached the hands of gamblers, bookies and the like, the 'random' factor was thrown in.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Tetrazander the Great. He also made the Excalibur III, but that was cut from the game. You can read all about this in the FFIX Ultimatamiarama Super Kajinuryoth Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It certainly seems like the kind of game that intellects created and then bookies and gamblers warped the system by adding in the 'random' factor. This falls in line with how intellects play games based on rules while gamblers play games that rely on luck. My guess is that it started out with "if the number is higher, you win" and then once it reached the hands of gamblers, bookies and the like, the 'random' factor was thrown in.
    I like this idea. It explains the attempt at a mathematical basis, while everything in the game still being controlled by luck.