Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: People's appaling lack of manners

Default People's appaling lack of manners

Now, listen to me! You can't just go around pushing people's buttons, it's not polite, and who in the name of Heaven and Earth are you to go around like a drunken sailor just beating your ham fists into things and random passer-by?

People these days just have no manners! Discuss.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You know what shows that people have no manners?

Randomly sending them messages attacking them about how awful of a human being they are when you know nothing about them. People like that are the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

people I run into are generally pretty well-mannered. maybe you're just hanging around the wrong type of people.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm with Jinx on this one.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Could you imagine if your hands were actually ham? I mean, jesus.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Fine way for you all to treat someone who knows where all the bodies are buried...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Could you imagine if your hands were actually ham? I mean, jesus.

Yea. I'd totally end up eating them.

Blog Entries

Lol yep. Def with Sam and Will.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I know plenty of well-mannered, polite people, in both my online and offline circles. Of course, people have differing ideas of what is polite or acceptable behaviour, so I can see how you might think that people "just have no manners". As others have alluded to in this thread, you have demonstrated that you are still grappling with basic online etiquette yourself - I hope that the indignation you may have experienced (which led you to make this thread) allows you to exercise good manners in the future.

It can be difficult to navigate what one thinks is a reasonable standard of behaviour (Expectations? Reality!), which I think mostly stems from a lack of restraint, communication, or expecting someone to be a mind-reader. However, some things just bug the trout out of me, like trying to hang out with someone who is engaging with their phone instead of being present; or simply not saying thank you when it is deserved. Small things can carry a lot of weight.

One way in which I am working on becoming more polite is to try to accept praise or compliments, instead of simply deflecting them. It is polite to me to be humble, but over the years I've taken it so far that I basically end up invalidating anyone who tries to say something nice about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    As others have alluded to in this thread, you have demonstrated that you are still grappling with basic online etiquette yourself - I hope that the indignation you may have experienced (which led you to make this thread) allows you to exercise good manners in the future.
    I'm afraid it might be too late for me, but I can at least channel my crazy into making music.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

You can be creative without being an asshole, and it is never too late to reflect on your intentions as you interact with others. It is not easy to be a human being, but everyone can do better than to say "it's too late for me".

I appreciate your concern.

This thread was intended to be more tongue-in-cheek than any of you are treating it...this isn't EoEO...

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Oh, it's not? Whoops, my bad! I'm sorry I tried to actually post about the topic, bro. This isn't Wonder Square, either.

lulz hey everyone spooniest has the nerve to be talking about manners, what a dick!

3r6mg4.jpg
    Last edited by Calliope; 08-18-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Laughs are to be had at all times

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know what shows that people have no manners? Being unnecessarily petty. Let's resume discussion about manners; this thread has taken quite the turn.

It bothers me when people don't hold the door open and you're two steps behind them.