Thread: Happy Birthday Squall! :D

Blog Entries

Default Happy Birthday Squall! :D

Hello all Final Fantasy VIII fangirls and fanboys!

Well, I'm sure you already knew that today's (08/23) is the gunblader Squall Leonhart's birthday! It's unclear of how old he'll be this year, but let's just say that he might be older but yet he looks younger... Paradox!! He never change from his personality, that's the fact.

Anyway, before Squall goes back to his solitude, let's celebrate! Bring him cake or ice cream (or hot dogs since they are very popular at the Balamb Gardens' cafeteria) and challenge him to a game of Triple Triad and talk about the good old times. He cannot stay alone forever, that is impossible!!

I was saving this picture for my fanart project thread in Relm's Studios, but just for this special day (you'll see the same pic soon)... here you go Squall! It's a lovely pic of you and Rinoa, handdrawn and crafted from the bottom of my heart (let's hope he didn't finds this creepy).

SquallXRinoa pic 1 AMH edit.JPG See full view on DA: Squall Leonhart's Request: Him and His Rinoa by ~Latias413 on deviantART

Yes, he has his Revolver behind him, just in case if someone tries to take Rinoa away from him.

PS: Did you know (according to Final Fantasy Wikipages) that the inspiration behind Squall's character design was from the actor whose name is River Phoenix? And what was also very interesting enough that the actor's birthday is August 23rd, so is Squall's! Man do I love trivia now!
    Last edited by LadyJuxtaposition; 08-24-2013 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Additional Infomation
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

Nice picture! And I was just thinking about today being Squall's birthday too. I heard he was modeled after Phoenix and Gackt. I don't know which one is right. I sure do wish they would redo FF8 or make a FF8-2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
    Nice picture! And I was just thinking about today being Squall's birthday too. I heard he was modeled after Phoenix and Gackt. I don't know which one is right. I sure do wish they would redo FF8 or make a FF8-2.
    Really? I had no idea Gackt was an character influence too. Yeah, under the Trivia section on Squall's Wikipage, one of the points said that River Phoenix was the influence. I'm pretty sure it was him unless I'm reading too fast. I need to research on that actor later.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the picture! You'll see it again in Relm's Studios under my fan art project thread which I planned to create soon (still rough drafting).

If SE planned to make FF8-2, then Rinoa would be the main leading character I bet.
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.

Blog Entries

Huh. I always was under the impression that Squall was modeled after Gackt.

And considering he was..... 17 on the game's release in 1999, he would now be 31.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Huh. I always was under the impression that Squall was modeled after Gackt.
    I know for certain that Gackt influenced Genesis for FFVII Crisis Core. But also influenced Squall? Hmm, what could be the reason behind the inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    And considering he was..... 17 on the game's release in 1999, he would now be 31.
    So, he's 31 years old... Still young and at least he's not in middle-age crisis yet *mentally tries to imagine him in that age wearing the same clothes and carrying his Revolver*

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I remember right, Gackt was actually used for inspiration on quite a few FF characters. I could be wrong. I do know that at least Gackt claimed that Squall was modeled after him. I don't think Square has confirmed that at all, and Nomura had said that Squall was modeled after River Phoenix.