Thread: Upgrading to CE

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Default Upgrading to CE

Don't forget that legacy members can now upgrade to Collector's Edition! Just go into your Square Enix Account Management page, click the Subscription services, click FFXIV, and there will be an option to upgrade to CE! SUPER SIMPLE! It's $19.99.

or: How Marick is a consumer whore.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I would've loved these things but I was too slow and not legacy enough to upgrade

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

To those who bought the physical copy of the CE, has anyone been able to redeem their code for the bonus items yet? Because I keep getting "invalid code". SE FAQ says to try again later, but it seems no matter what time of day (morning, noon or evening) that I try, I keep getting invalid code. It's really starting to get on my nerves. Bad enough the EA bonus was butchered, now the CE buyers can't even get their promised items. *grumble grumble*

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    To those who bought the physical copy of the CE, has anyone been able to redeem their code for the bonus items yet? Because I keep getting "invalid code". SE FAQ says to try again later, but it seems no matter what time of day (morning, noon or evening) that I try, I keep getting invalid code. It's really starting to get on my nerves. Bad enough the EA bonus was butchered, now the CE buyers can't even get their promised items. *grumble grumble*
    Same here. :/

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I tried and instead of upgrading my service account to CE it created a second service account.
    Ticket is submitted but we'll see what happens.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I tried and instead of upgrading my service account to CE it created a second service account.
    Ticket is submitted but we'll see what happens.
    What format was the code you entered, and where did you enter it?

LETTERS-NUM-LETTERS-NUM is to make an account.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX is the CE stuff which you enter on Mog Station ("add a platform" button).

And then there is Death

FFXIV Character

If you have the PC Standard Edition of v1.0 and bought the PC CE of ARR, SE will not allow you to "upgrade" your existing account. If you want to redeem your in-game content you need to make a new service account, but that means sacrificing your old character stuff. Unless you got the PS3 CE of ARR which does not have this problem. SE has said on their Support board that this was intended, but in the forum there is a huge thread with people, like me, complaining for SE to address the issue. While they had mentioned that this was going to be a problem, they did not make it the most obvious and ultimately doesn't make that much sense if those with the PS3 CE have a work around but those who decided to get the PC CE this time around don't. As a solution some people are selling their registration codes on eBay and using the money to get the digital upgrade. I know SE is busy with server issues but there has yet to be an official addressing of this, not even an official word pointing to the FAQ regarding this. It is kinda troutty and I am annoyed, more about the in-game bonus stuff than the extra 30 days of subs.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Wait, so if I want what I've paid for, I have to create a new character, wasting all the progress I made on my current character, which I created upon the launch of ARR? Are they smurfing kidding me?! Why the smurf does it matter what service account I want to have my CE items for?! I paid for this stuff, so give me my smurfing items already, on my existing character! Good lord, I'm really starting to regret ever buying the CE for this game. So if I want the CE items on my existing service account, I'd have to buy the digital upgrade?! Have they no smurfing shame?!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's really fun is that the pre-order stuff is on the early access account so you have to choose between the pre-order items or the CE items.

FFXIV Character

As far as I know, this is only happening if you had the Standard version of v1.0 and a v1.0 character and bought the CE of ARR. Otherwise, if you are from the beta/Early Access, you shouldn't be facing the problem. If you are, welcome to the boat. :/

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got an email today saying they closed my ticket without fixing anything because they have too many tickets right now. It also said lots of things have been fixed but if your issue hasn't feel free to resubmit a ticket.