Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WiiU Pricedrop and HD Windwaker Bundle.

Default WiiU Pricedrop and HD Windwaker Bundle.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle for Nintendo Wii U | GameStop

So yeah, on the 20th I'll be getting this. Because I smurfing love Zelda, and the game will basically come at no additional cost to the new lower system price drop.

Guess I wait until next month for my Vita.

You call yourself an ATLUS fanboy and you don't even have Persona 4 The Golden. Pfeh.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I've known about it for ages, it's just I've played through it like, 3-4 times already, so The Golden was never a system seller for me. Mind you now that I am getting a Vita I'll be picking it up, but yeah. I actually commented quite a lot on the Golden when it first started getting info launched on it.

Don't presume you know me boy!

(SPOILER)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wind Waker was fun, but not fun enough to play again just for the HD.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I agree that game on it's own isn't, but considering it's just coming with the system for no cost? And there are games coming to WiiU I really want as well? Seems like an ideal time for me at least to jump on board.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If it was New SMB WiiU then I may be interested.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Not for us

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

There's a limited edition game with ganondorf statue too.\

They're doing the same thing with wiiu as 3ds at the begining...just rehash old games and tell everyone you have a strong system?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Wind Waker HD is supposed to tide us over until the next Zelda game, so it's more of a bribe than a claim to have a strong console. WiiU definitely needs to start bringing something fresh in terms of IP though; even if they're innovating within each of the staple series, fresh faces go a long way to making a console look good and populated.

When you think of a Nintendo console and the games and can only think of like Mario, Metroid and Zelda, it seems rather sparse even if there are 100 different versions of each.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Nice that it finally dropped, but there's still nothing that warrants me getting one yet.

Flaming Ice hit the nail on the head. Rehash, rehash, and rehash some more. When that fails, let companies release shovelware by the ton on your platform. Rinse and repeat. I dare to say the only system Ninty hadn't really done this with in the past 10 years was MAYBE the original DS, and even it had rehashes of stuff that was easily found for other Nintendo systems.

Smash Bros. may change my mind, but Sakurai was talking about severely downscaling it, so I may have to pass on it if that happens.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Nice that it finally dropped, but there's still nothing that warrants me getting one yet.

Flaming Ice hit the nail on the head. Rehash, rehash, and rehash some more. When that fails, let companies release shovelware by the ton on your platform. Rinse and repeat. I dare to say the only system Ninty hadn't really done this with in the past 10 years was MAYBE the original DS, and even it had rehashes of stuff that was easily found for other Nintendo systems.

Smash Bros. may change my mind, but Sakurai was talking about severely downscaling it, so I may have to pass on it if that happens.
    If you're counting every system that has a rehash, regardless of the rest of the content it contains, then you should be complaining about every system out there.

The DS had a wealth of excellent new games. Nowhere near as many as the GBA, sure, but still plenty that stood on its own merit.

As for myself, I'll be getting a WiiU to play Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, so I'll be thinking about this pack.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post

Even part of it is that they depended on the online sales of older games too. They thought that would carry them through 2011 when there were only a couple games out there worth getting

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

If you're counting every system that has a rehash, regardless of the rest of the content it contains, then you should be complaining about every system out there.

The DS had a wealth of excellent new games. Nowhere near as many as the GBA, sure, but still plenty that stood on its own merit.

As for myself, I'll be getting a WiiU to play Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, so I'll be thinking about this pack.

But part of the problem is that this is a new system and right now people want new games. Even with the 3Ds they had few new games and none worth buying the console for.

There was no point getting the system just for ocarina and star fox. It's not just about the rehashed games as some are fine but really why bother buying the console for games you already have?...saves you money.

Besides, is there any promise SMT x fire emblem will be released here?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sky

I gotta point out that nearly every Sony studio made a new IP this generation. Third parties always innovate on Nintendo platforms but that's true on every system. Nintendo need to let their own studios off the leash a little more.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I NEED THIS. SOMEONE BUY ME THIS.